Radiohead Appreciation Thread

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Creativemind

05 Sep 2019

Hi All!

Radiohead are one of my favourite bands that have influenced my guitar music (top 5) alongside The Beatles, Oasis, The Verve and Pink Floyd. Closely missing the top 5 would be The Who and Coldplay.

Songs such as Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Fake Plastic Trees, High and Dry, Lucky, There There, Exit Music (For a Film), 2+2=5, Yes I Am, Bishop's Robes, the list is endless and these 2 masterpieces:-

Can only find that live version of Inside My Head which is good but doesn't do it justice.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

Idioteque!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

Radiohead taught me that sometimes, wrong is right. Kid A is my fav. album and Idioteque and Pyramid Song are my favorite songs.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Creativemind

05 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Idioteque!
Good track.

I've listened to Inside My Head in bed at night, such a great track.

Zac

05 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Idioteque!
Such a great track!

MannequinRaces

05 Sep 2019

Love Radiohead. I was able to see them live once so that was cool. One of my favorite songs is Like Spinning Plates.

Jmax

05 Sep 2019

I honestly could never really get into them.

I admit a lot of the music is ground-breaking and there's some amazing work there. Kid A is a great album.

But I just find Thom Yorke's voice to be whinny and depressing, not to mention out of tune most of the time (I get it's supposed to be like that).

Don't kill me guys, to each his own.

Last Alternative

06 Sep 2019

Yes Radiohead is sick. I’ll always love that band. However, when I saw them in Tampa, the first song was a hit and the rest of the concert was all lullabies that literally put people to sleep, including me 😂 I remember waking up maybe halfway thru the show stumbling around people laying in the grass (it was dark too) to get to the bathroom and seeing a lot of people sleeping. We got gypped!

Black Swan is my favorite song. Next is There, There and then the other hits. I love how weird Thom York is.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

boingy

06 Sep 2019

Jmax wrote:
05 Sep 2019

But I just find Thom Yorke's voice to be whinny and depressing
This.

Creativemind

22 Sep 2019

Whiny and depressing, I find it exactly the opposite.

EdGrip

23 Sep 2019

I haven't seen Radiohead, but I was there for Thom Yorke's surprise Glastonbury set in 2010, where he played his solo stuff for a bit and then Jonny appeared on stage, working the drum machines and modular synths as well as the guitar, and the pair of them played some Radiohead. They played Karma Police for the encore, and the crowd were singing the "for a minute there..." outro with them, kept singing it as they left the stage, and kept singing it together as the crowd headed away from the stage and dispersed. It was one of the loveliest moments I've ever had the good luck to be part of.

Everything In Its Right Place, with a pair of headphones, is a personal favourite.

djadalaide

23 Sep 2019

The King of Limbs, Amnesiac and A Moon Shaped Pool are my favorite albums

This is my favorite remix:

• Information