NEW in the Shop: Virtual Drummer Rack Extensions – Successors of the A-List Drummer Series

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Must have missed it then. Maybe because it was on the back of the REs. :). Thanks.
Yeah, perhaps not well known to everybody :puf_smile: If you poke around the forums, you'll find talk about it. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7492208

I always enjoy plugging this interview with Peter Gorges. Had such a fun time doing this one.
https://www.reasontalk.com/2018/06/an-i ... er-gorges/
There may be more fun facts in there that you may not have been aware of :geek:
Just to be clear Joey, I knew it was ujam who were involved in the development of A-List. I didn’t know however that Phat and Classic were pretty much one and the same thing. To my knowledge there wasn’t anything mentioned about that. Again, I may just have missed it. I only read a bit down the link you posted from 2015. Seems that you yourself posted originally because you were surprised that ujam were involved. Maybe there’s more revelations later in that thread?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

05 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
05 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Yeah, perhaps not well known to everybody :puf_smile: If you poke around the forums, you'll find talk about it. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7492208

I always enjoy plugging this interview with Peter Gorges. Had such a fun time doing this one.
https://www.reasontalk.com/2018/06/an-i ... er-gorges/
There may be more fun facts in there that you may not have been aware of :geek:
Just to be clear Joey, I knew it was ujam who were involved in the development of A-List. I didn’t know however that Phat and Classic were pretty much one and the same thing. To my knowledge there wasn’t anything mentioned about that. Again, I may just have missed it. I only read a bit down the link you posted from 2015. Seems that you yourself posted originally because you were surprised that ujam were involved. Maybe there’s more revelations later in that thread?
Gotcha. Yeah that was a fun discovery quite a while ago beginning with the A-List Guitarists. I don't remember the whole thread. That's when I first learned about it after reading it on the Propellerhead Shop pages, and then learned about UJAM being the developers behind the IDT/Gorilla Engine. And then making the connection between products. UJAM includes on their website the RE siblings to each of their Virtual products.

In any case, do you know which version you have of the VST? Because version 2 / the new RE adds quite a lot to version 1.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Gotcha. Yeah that was a fun discovery quite a while ago beginning with the A-List Guitarists. I don't remember the whole thread. That's when I first learned about it after reading it on the Propellerhead Shop pages, and then learned about UJAM being the developers behind the IDT/Gorilla Engine. And then making the connection between products. UJAM includes on their website the RE siblings to each of their Virtual products.

In any case, do you know which version you have of the VST? Because version 2 / the new RE adds quite a lot to version 1.
Version 1. And I I just got confirmation that ujam are working on getting 50% off VST to RE crossgrade codes from Propellerheads.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

05 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
05 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Version 1. And I I just got confirmation that ujam are working on getting 50% off VST to RE crossgrade codes from Propellerheads.
Awesome! :thumbs_up:

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

I appreciate the decay knob, tuning, the keyboard overview and the switchable drum sounds very much.

Are there any new things in the Micro Timing section other than Swing, Feel and Tightness?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

ujam-instruments
RE Developer

05 Sep 2019

The newsletters have gone out, the codes are coming :)

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

Just upgraded :D thanks!
Why is Heavy three times the size of the others? Please don't say because it's.. heavier. Ha.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

gullum

05 Sep 2019

just need to be sure if I get paid this week or next week before updating, the crossgrade price will not break the bank :D
diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Just upgraded :D thanks!
Why is Heavy three times the size of the others? Please don't say because it's.. heavier. Ha.
metal kits have double kick drums so of cause, they are heavier

chimp_spanner

05 Sep 2019

For whatever reason I don't seem to get newsletters from PH despite being opted in, so I don't have the crossgrade information. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
05 Sep 2019
For whatever reason I don't seem to get newsletters from PH despite being opted in, so I don't have the crossgrade information. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!
Checked the spam folder yet? Since it's an individual code this time (unlike RDKSAVE etc), only PH/RS can help I think..
Edit: or maybe it just takes some time for all the emails to roll out / be generated

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

Possible bug?
I'm in the preset "Modern - Industrial Rock" in Heavy. When I click on one of the 'Breakdown' keys and move the mouse while still holding the mouse button, even when latch is off, I can't click on any other key for a short period of time. That does not happen when I do not move the mouse and do one click per trigger.
Can anyone confirm?

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Possible bug?
I'm in the preset "Modern - Industrial Rock" in Heavy. When I click on one of the 'Breakdown' keys and move the mouse while still holding the mouse button, even when latch is off, I can't click on any other key for a short period of time. That does not happen when I do not move the mouse and do one click per trigger.
Can anyone confirm?
And that seems to be true for all other Drummers on all patches.

Virtual Bassist does something similar when you slide with the mouse over the common phrases but I can't figure out what exactly is going wrong. It will play what was last highlighted but then switch to another phrase.

joeyluck

05 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Possible bug?
Can anyone confirm?

Virtual Bassist does something similar when you slide with the mouse over the common phrases but I can't figure out what exactly is going wrong. It will play what was last highlighted but then switch to another phrase.
I can check shortly. What version of Reason are you using?

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019

10.4d4 :)

$(username)

05 Sep 2019

ujam-instruments wrote:
05 Sep 2019
How to we access the cross grade when we have opted out of the newsletter?

joeyluck

05 Sep 2019

$(username) wrote:
05 Sep 2019
ujam-instruments wrote:
05 Sep 2019
How to we access the cross grade when we have opted out of the newsletter?
Depends on whose. Whether it's UJAM or Propellerhead, I would contact their customer support.

joeyluck

05 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2019

I can confirm. Interesting find. Only appears to happen when clicking and dragging from Breakdowns. And even playing from a MIDI keyboard after causing this little glitch, is still affected.

This issue is not in the VST versions of Virtual Drummer or in the Beatmaker / Virtual Bassist REs by UJAM.

Not a showstopper, but I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it and can fix it.

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019

I can confirm. Interesting find. Only appears to happen when clicking and dragging from Breakdowns. And even playing from a MIDI keyboard after causing this little glitch, is still affected.

This issue is not in the VST versions of Virtual Drummer or in the Beatmaker / Virtual Bassist REs by UJAM.
Thanks for confirming!
UJAM, I accept Eden and that Trap thingy as a reward. :P The only ones I don't have :D JK. Well, only half.

Joey could you try sliding with the mouse over some Common Phrases in Virtual Bassist, then immediately click on a note on the right? There's something really wonky going on, too. I don't have words for it.

Social Exodus

05 Sep 2019

Didn't see this answered -- is there a list of differences (if any other than interface) between the A-List kits and these Virtual Drummer REs?

I'm happy enough with the A-List myself, unless there is a good reason to upgrade, again other than the interface.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

Social Exodus wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Didn't see this answered -- is there a list of differences (if any other than interface) between the A-List kits and these Virtual Drummer REs?

I'm happy enough with the A-List myself, unless there is a good reason to upgrade, again other than the interface.
There's a Decay knob, a tune knob, you can change individual drums in your kit, and there are twice as many styles as well as a master section with different rooms, saturation and a maximizer.

gullum

05 Sep 2019

Social Exodus wrote:
05 Sep 2019

there are also a lot more presets in the new re's

Social Exodus

05 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Social Exodus wrote:
05 Sep 2019

There's a Decay knob, a tune knob, you can change individual drums in your kit, and there are twice as many styles as well as a master section with different rooms, saturation and a maximizer.
gullum wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Social Exodus wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Thanks!

Seems worth the $39 then I guess!
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

Social Exodus wrote:
05 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019

gullum wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Thanks!

Seems worth the $39 then I guess!
I agree :)

Dante

05 Sep 2019

I own 2 of the Alist drummers and I received a code. But I’m getting nowhere near the advertised discounts even after applying code at checkout. I’ve lodged a ticket with PH - but interested if anyone else is experiencing this issue ?

• Information