Can files be saved from a rack extension?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Lempface

05 Sep 2019

Simple question, is it possible to save a file to disk from a rack extension?

Example use case: record incoming audio or midi data then allow the user to save that data to disk.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

antic604

05 Sep 2019

Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Example use case: record incoming audio or midi data then allow the user to save that data to disk.
Sure, for both MIDI (in case of Player devices) and audio (instruments & FX). You "Send notes to track" or just bounce in place respectively. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "files"

Lempface

05 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Sure, for both MIDI (in case of Player devices) and audio (instruments & FX). You "Send notes to track" or just bounce in place respectively. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "files"
Yea I'm looking specifically for if the API allows you to access the file system to save something directly to disk.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

antic604

05 Sep 2019

Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Yea I'm looking specifically for if the API allows you to access the file system to save something directly to disk.
So you should've asked "can RE save file to disc".
"From a rack extension" is pretty ambiguous :)

Lempface

05 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Doesn't RE stand for rack extension? Are you being intentionally obtuse? Either way, I chuckled.

buddard
RE Developer

05 Sep 2019

Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019
No, this is not possible. But if you want a more detailed answer than that you should probably register as a developer and ask in the dev forum instead, since we're all under NDA.

antic604

05 Sep 2019

Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Doesn't RE stand for rack extension? Are you being intentionally obtuse? Either way, I chuckled.
I'm not saying about replacing "rack extension" with "RE" :D

Had you asked "can rack extension save file to disc" then that'd imply you're asking if it can do it by itself, or at least by user pushing some button on it.

"From rack extension" can mean (midi or audio) "generated by rack extension", which is how I understood it. That's all. No agenda here :)

Lempface

05 Sep 2019

buddard wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019
No, this is not possible. But if you want a more detailed answer than that you should probably register as a developer and ask in the dev forum instead, since we're all under NDA.
I've done this a while back and have the SDK, how do I get access to the dev forum?

buddard
RE Developer

05 Sep 2019

Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019
buddard wrote:
05 Sep 2019

I've done this a while back and have the SDK, how do I get access to the dev forum?
Make sure you're logged in at Propellerhead, then go to the developer portal at https://www.propellerheads.com/developer/, i e the same page where you downloaded the SDK. Click on the RE Forum link.

Lempface

05 Sep 2019

buddard wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Lempface wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Make sure you're logged in at Propellerhead, then go to the developer portal at https://www.propellerheads.com/developer/, i e the same page where you downloaded the SDK. Click on the RE Forum link.
Cheers!

• Information