(orchestral/soundtrack) Revelations

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

05 Sep 2019

I recently completed a couple of big production projects, and decided I wanted to try something a bit different out. I figured I'd try writing something with a bit more of a free-form electronic feel to it, something in-line with my tastes from the early-mid 00s... but that totally didn't happen, and instead I ended up writing this little orchestral thing instead.

I started off using Output's Analog Strings to record the main melody, and then embellished it with Cinematic Studio Strings and some instruments from Spitfire's LABs among other things to give it a slightly discordant, ominous feel. The whole thing was written and exported from Reason.

I'd love to know what you think!

way2cool

05 Sep 2019

I like it so pretty and calm to me sound like the tron film in sad parts

adfielding

06 Sep 2019

way2cool wrote:
05 Sep 2019
I like it so pretty and calm to me sound like the tron film in sad parts
Thanks! Glad you liked it, love both of the Tron soundtracks :)

Skimrok

06 Sep 2019

I think it would be brilliant in a film , example something like a war film because of the emotion in the sound and feel after a tragic sceen or ending / start of one

very moving made me want to listen to it twice!! so for film directors its a win win :puf_wink:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

ShelLuser

06 Sep 2019

I enjoyed listening to it but... I wouldn't go so far as to call this orchestral because it only features a very small part of a full blown orchestral setup. But other than that I think this was pretty good, not too short and not too long to get bored.
--- :reason:

adfielding

07 Sep 2019

Skimrok wrote:
06 Sep 2019
I think it would be brilliant in a film , example something like a war film because of the emotion in the sound and feel after a tragic sceen or ending / start of one

very moving made me want to listen to it twice!! so for film directors its a win win :puf_wink:
Thanks for the kind words! Really glad to hear you liked it :)
ShelLuser wrote:
06 Sep 2019
I enjoyed listening to it but... I wouldn't go so far as to call this orchestral because it only features a very small part of a full blown orchestral setup. But other than that I think this was pretty good, not too short and not too long to get bored.
That's fair enough - next time I'll just use "strings" as a genre descriptor rather than "orchestral" (unless I forget - force of habit, and all that!). Glad to hear you liked it, thanks for giving it a listen!

• Information