'nob' controller

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Faastwalker

02 Aug 2019

adfielding wrote:
02 Aug 2019
Faastwalker wrote:
01 Aug 2019

It works really well. The developer has done an amazing job with his Elephant Software (about $20 to buy). So nice not having to click & drag anymore. Just hover the pointer over any parameter & adjust with the Surface Dial. For me it's an excellent halfway house between more hands on, precision control & not having enough knobs on your MIDI controller for synthesizer control. Genius!
That's super neat, thanks! Sounds just like the kind of thing I'd get a lot of use out of.
For sure. It took very little time before it became intuitive then second nature. More so when I swapped from 'mouse' to 'trackpad' mode (negating the need to click the mouse to release the currently controlled parameter). So mouse in one hand selecting parameter by hovering over it, Surface Dial in the other hand controlling parameters. It's perfect! The only downside is you need another hand to play your keyboard. But I usually just have a short, appropriate sequence running so I have both hands free. Works very well.

Faastwalker

04 Sep 2019

........... Can't live without this now. It's revolutionized software control for me. Next to no set-up, control anything straight up without any mapping requirements. It just feels second nature now & makes so much sense. Very cool.

I showed this to a work colleague & they want it themselves now. Only problem is they are on a Mac, which is not currently supported. We were able to pair up the Surface Dial with the Macbook okay. Not sure if there are any plans to add Mac OSX support.

dannyF

05 Sep 2019

Good to hear its working out for you.

If your friend likes spending money point him to the nob. ;)

Works on mac and pc.

friday

05 Sep 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
30 Jul 2019
The Elephant developer made a post on the Molten Modular video (above) showing how to do this. It's just a setting in the Elephant control panel that adjusts between mouse control or trackpad. Change from mouse (I guess the default) to trackpad - no more need to click ever. Works really well.
I am on the same boat, and this is a important information. Do not like to unlock with a klick. Will test it! Thanks

Faastwalker

06 Sep 2019

dannyF wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Works on mac and pc.
Does it? I couldn’t find any mention of Mac support. The system requirements show;

“Any computer with Windows® 10 Fall Creators or newer.
A Surface Dial device paired to your computer.”

dannyF

07 Sep 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
06 Sep 2019
dannyF wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Works on mac and pc.
Does it? I couldn’t find any mention of Mac support. The system requirements show;

I am referring to Nob controller not Windows surface dial.

Faastwalker

08 Sep 2019

dannyF wrote:
07 Sep 2019
Faastwalker wrote:
06 Sep 2019

I am referring to Nob controller not Windows surface dial.
Ah, I see :oops:

• Information