Announcing Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sleep1979

04 Sep 2019

i think the rack plug in should have been a different product all together
99 dollars for that with a couple of synths i mean your getting it with reason intro aswell
the old faithful aint getting a lot saying that , i will upgrade but then im on 9.5 so i will get a lot
but i wont use the plugin thing only it will be useful if reason dies which i don't suspect even then bandlab could maybe take it on
all jokes aside i wish we got a new instrument uh hem( scenic ) i think reason 11 users should get a brucie bonus discount voucher wink nudge nudge

chaosroyale

04 Sep 2019

ok...this thread has gone completely nuts.
I think I'll take a break from this site; giving criticism is great if it's constructive, but this is getting a bit silly.

good luck to the Reason guys, I hope they can wind down with a nice drink, and don't take the wild speculation on here too seriously.

EnochLight

04 Sep 2019

Yonatan wrote:
04 Sep 2019
[lots of YouTube links]
/Old man rant on

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's sitting though YouTube videos where people blab about their opinion like they're special. Sometimes I miss the days when content creation wasn't so democratized that anyone and everyone has access to a video transmission service worldwide and an automatic audience. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

/End Old man rant. Lays down to take a nap
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sleep1979

04 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Secret ReasonTalk preview! Snuck in some updates on the mixer devices, including Dry/Wet for the Dynamics and Compressor and some updated labelling. Thanks for the feedback! :)

you know what would make this eq great and different than the ssl one
no fixed points like in the mixer
then it would be my go to eq
i would love to take the low mid blue one down lower and the others where i want them then this would be a powerful all around eq not a musical one and i would not have to use two m-class equalizers to do what i want to do in future could this be done ? please ?
sweeper i really like by the way
i will be upgrading to 11 but dont leave us reason only users out give us some awesome point updates cheers
:-)
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (252.04 KiB) Viewed 2482 times

boingy

04 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
04 Sep 2019

... where people blab about their opinion like they're special.
You are completely right. How dare they! They should know that it's only me who is special. Only this morning I was saying exactly that in my daily borecast on TweetyFaceGram.

EnochLight

04 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
You are completely right. How dare they! They should know that it's only me who is special. Only this morning I was saying exactly that in my daily borecast on TweetyFaceGram.
No way! You'e on TweetyFaceGram, too!?? You'll have to subscribe to my InstaFaceTube channel so I can have a gazillion subscribers while I talk about how awesome I am! Also, my opinion is the only thing that matters. I know this because I can measure the planets that orbit around my glorious sun hole. #bestinfluencerever
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dannyF

04 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
04 Sep 2019

Yeah, quite unlike how people blab in this forum humble like.

EnochLight

04 Sep 2019

dannyF wrote:
04 Sep 2019
EnochLight wrote:
04 Sep 2019

Everyone needs an audience, right? Thankfully, there's TweetyFaceGramInstaFaceTube. #subscribe

boingy

04 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
04 Sep 2019
dannyF wrote:
04 Sep 2019

Everyone needs an audience, right? Thankfully, there's TweetyFaceGramInstaFaceTube. #subscribe
<like>

or something

stratatonic

04 Sep 2019

tronam wrote:
01 Sep 2019
stratatonic wrote:
01 Sep 2019

It is surprising about the AURack timing, and somewhat of a warning sign of this company's commitment- why isn’t it ready to roll along with VST3 Reason Rack?.

I hope this company does not take too much time out of other Reason development for the arrival of that AU Rack.
Magnus Lidström, the guy behind Malstrom and SonicCharge plugins, has a deep understanding of this since he made a popular dev tool called Symbiosis for helping make VSTs compatible with AU, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has been helping RS with this whole process.
Well, that's just speculation, but if your speculation is true and he was helping out, then the AU Rack really should have been ready to roll for R11 launch.
The optics really don't look good in not having them ready at the same time.

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

To not have it ready for all the Logic and Garageband users is just plain STUPID.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

guitfnky

04 Sep 2019

4EF11B2F-7D01-4DF8-B8A8-6DF791BB08C8.jpeg
4EF11B2F-7D01-4DF8-B8A8-6DF791BB08C8.jpeg (172.07 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
screenshot of 1111 replies for the Reason 11 announcement thread for posterity.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EnochLight

04 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
04 Sep 2019
To not have it ready for all the Logic and Garageband users is just plain STUPID.
Not really. No one uses Logic or Garageband, so... not really important.

Troll-Face.jpg
Troll-Face.jpg (34.74 KiB) Viewed 2256 times

Jackjackdaw

04 Sep 2019

Any idea if R11 will allow collapsing of individual Player devices?

QVprod

04 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Raveshaper wrote:
04 Sep 2019
I think that Verdane is holding a lemon and I think by how rushed this announcement has been it signals an even bigger rush to sell. PH had 20 years and did nothing. I think Verdane is just as unimpressed as everyone else. The name change is damage control so the buyer will be more receptive to the unfamiliar brand name. Just my analysis.
The RE platform - as seen e.g. in the Juce YT videos - was conceived as a really forward-thinking framework and now it can clearly both transform REs into VSTs (Europa was the test case) or run as a VST in other DAWs (Rack VST). It can also be ported to browser / mobile and hardware, but that's not appealing to me so I wasn't giving it much thought, but I'm sure Verdane was. What if their ambition is to build a platform "competing" with the decentralised and scattered VST market, offering the benefit of single-account login, easy installation and updates, piracy protection, centralised marketplace? Sure, it's not gonna be appealing to Waves or Arturia, but smaller developers might be tempted to give up some of the profit to get rid of all the hassle! What really made me think this was the direction is name change to "Reason Studios" that I immediately linked to how Sony Santa Monica turned into Santa Monica Studios few years ago - they continued to create games for Playstation, but also were an "umbrella" company for smaller developers, helping them with tools, technology, marketing, etc. What if Reason Studio wants to be that for smaller VST devs, who'd from now on do REs taking advantage of all the infrastructure but would still be available to other DAWs via Rack VST? If they could pull it off, there's definitely money to be made there.
Seriously this move, if played right, has the potential to really elevate RE as a VST competitor, at least in the same ways that Kontakt libraries are. The availability of RE in any DAW (sorry Pro Tools, and Logic will get it eventually) may make the format more attractive than it's ever been. The only problem is RE devs creating devices that are intended to compete with VST options (SDK permitting). So far, many devices were created with pretty much zero competition in mind since Reason did not yet have VST support. Question is whether that ship has sailed in developer's minds, or if they're willing to give it another try. If so, then RE is a pretty clear money maker. Take a company like Kvassa for instance. They don't yet have a pedalboard option for their pedal emulations. Reason rack plugin practically gives them one.

gaclab

04 Sep 2019

QVprod wrote:
04 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
04 Sep 2019

The RE platform - as seen e.g. in the Juce YT videos - was conceived as a really forward-thinking framework and now it can clearly both transform REs into VSTs (Europa was the test case) or run as a VST in other DAWs (Rack VST). It can also be ported to browser / mobile and hardware, but that's not appealing to me so I wasn't giving it much thought, but I'm sure Verdane was. What if their ambition is to build a platform "competing" with the decentralised and scattered VST market, offering the benefit of single-account login, easy installation and updates, piracy protection, centralised marketplace? Sure, it's not gonna be appealing to Waves or Arturia, but smaller developers might be tempted to give up some of the profit to get rid of all the hassle! What really made me think this was the direction is name change to "Reason Studios" that I immediately linked to how Sony Santa Monica turned into Santa Monica Studios few years ago - they continued to create games for Playstation, but also were an "umbrella" company for smaller developers, helping them with tools, technology, marketing, etc. What if Reason Studio wants to be that for smaller VST devs, who'd from now on do REs taking advantage of all the infrastructure but would still be available to other DAWs via Rack VST? If they could pull it off, there's definitely money to be made there.
Seriously this move, if played right, has the potential to really elevate RE as a VST competitor, at least in the same ways that Kontakt libraries are. The availability of RE in any DAW (sorry Pro Tools, and Logic will get it eventually) may make the format more attractive than it's ever been. The only problem is RE devs creating devices that are intended to compete with VST options (SDK permitting). So far, many devices were created with pretty much zero competition in mind since Reason did not yet have VST support. Question is whether that ship has sailed in developer's minds, or if they're willing to give it another try. If so, then RE is a pretty clear money maker. Take a company like Kvassa for instance. They don't yet have a pedalboard option for their pedal emulations. Reason rack plugin practically gives them one.
I'm probably missing something, but if that is their intended direction, why not just make the VST free, opening up the ability for everyone to access their rack extensions (if they have any) and demo/purchase other rack extension? Then there's no barrier to entry and it makes the RE platform available to a wider audience.
Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 4.5 | Mac OSX 10.13.4 w/ 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 12 GB Ram (dinosaur) | Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 | M-Audio Keystation 49es | Akai MPD218 | KRK Rokit 5s

Creativemind

04 Sep 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Actually thinking about it you're right then if you want it you could buy it. People who own Reason 11 should have been able buy it discounted.

More features to the core program should've priority for the actual software.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ModSource

04 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Secret ReasonTalk preview! Snuck in some updates on the mixer devices, including Dry/Wet for the Dynamics and Compressor and some updated labelling. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Mattias: Can you please sneak in some Sequencer updates? For example, similar to Dr. Octo Rex’s Trig Next Loop function, can you please unlock the Sequencer by allowing transport controls (Stop and Record) to sync to the bar?

sleep1979

04 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
04 Sep 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Actually thinking about it you're right then if you want it you could buy it. People who own Reason 11 should have been able buy it discounted.

Last edited by sleep1979 on 04 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

sleep1979

04 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
04 Sep 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
04 Sep 2019

More features to the core program should've priority for the actual software.
100% ive tried it out ( rack plugin) using a couple of trials of other daws but reasons my program man ill never use the rack plugin tbh

antic604

04 Sep 2019

gaclab wrote:
04 Sep 2019
I'm probably missing something, but if that is their intended direction, why not just make the VST free, opening up the ability for everyone to access their rack extensions (if they have any) and demo/purchase other rack extension? Then there's no barrier to entry and it makes the RE platform available to a wider audience.
I'm pretty sure this is gonna happen eventualy - evidence in the form of quite big and comples file & folder structure of the Rack VST points to that, at least IMO. But for now I think the prospect of tying Rack VST with EUR/$129-259 upgrade price was too hard to resist :)

sleep1979

04 Sep 2019

Yeah a free version with just some trials and one free re say monotone and rytmic should have been a seperate product

Karim
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

Matthias really care his fellows reasoners.. one of us..
Cheers and thank you for your precious support
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Philup

04 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
04 Sep 2019
But for now I think the prospect of tying Rack VST with EUR/$129-259 upgrade price was too hard to resist
Yea!! make the "loyal customers [sic]" pay for the development of a feature that the "loyal customers [sic]" may never use so that RS can turn around and give it to the pleebs for free. Evil profiteering! /s

Oh wait... that happens every time one user updates and another user skips an update cycle and buys back in on the next one. Nothing to see here... move along.

JerrelTheKing

04 Sep 2019

Philup wrote:
04 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
04 Sep 2019
But for now I think the prospect of tying Rack VST with EUR/$129-259 upgrade price was too hard to resist
Yea!! make the "loyal customers [sic]" pay for the development of a feature that the "loyal customers [sic]" may never use so that RS can turn around and give it to the pleebs for free. Evil profiteering! /s

Oh wait... that happens every time one user updates and another user skips an update cycle and buys back in on the next one. Nothing to see here... move along.
hahaha true... Reason has never been an every update type of program... far more bang for your buck skipping.. I'm on 10.4 and I never intended to get 11. I'll see what kind of compounded upgrades I can get next year on 11.5 or even 12.. I went from 4 to 7 to 9.5 to 10.4

• Information