Climate Change [Solved!]

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
guitfnky

04 Sep 2019

Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
04 Sep 2019

you keep bringing up their car, which is irrelevant to the point.

the only logical assumption available then, is that you believe this theoretical car is somehow relevant at all.
Do cars contribute to climate change? Yes or no.
not 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 point 👏🏼
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Andy
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019

not 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 point 👏🏼
"Be the change you want to see"

EnochLight

04 Sep 2019

Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Huckabee is not the reference Dr. Patrick Moore is. You took issue with who doing the interview and completely skipped over who is being interviewed because your politics do not align. Ridiculous. SMH
Huckabee is the reference, and the fact that you can't see that is sad. I referenced Ken Ham because even his crackpot views can be "supported" by "professionals". You think because the Huck brings on a scientist who used to work for Greenpeace somehow makes it all valid? :roll: :lol: Politics have everything to do with it, as everything you keep pushing clearly aligns with a conservative position that thinks climate change is a joke.
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Do you own a car yes or no?
My wife owns a car, and she drives to work. I walk, so I don't need a car. If I bought a second, I'd probably pick up an electric, because - as mentioned earlier - we buy 100% of our electricity from renewable sources.
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
I own a car and drive it everyday and will continue to do so. I am not the one in here terrified about climate change. :)
It's sad that you're not at least concerned about the harm that human action is causing the long-term climate. Politics notwithstanding, the science is every bit as certain as it is that smoking causes cancer. Your political leaning shouldn't have anything to do with scientific facts. Get over it, and educate yourself.
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
You know they do. Stop pretending they don't. The question is: why don't you care?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

guitfnky

04 Sep 2019

Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
04 Sep 2019

not 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 point 👏🏼

you’re not very good at this. 😅

Andy
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019

you’re not very good at this. 😅
You are not very good at thinking critically.

Andy
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Huckabee is not the reference Dr. Patrick Moore is. You took issue with who doing the interview and completely skipped over who is being interviewed because your politics do not align. Ridiculous. SMH
Huckabee is the reference, and the fact that you can't see that is sad. I referenced Ken Ham because even his crackpot views can be "supported" by "professionals". You think because the Huck brings on a scientist who used to work for Greenpeace somehow makes it all valid? :roll: :lol: Politics have everything to do with it, as everything you keep pushing clearly aligns with a conservative position that thinks climate change is a joke.
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Do you own a car yes or no?
My wife owns a car, and she drives to work. I walk, so I don't need a car. If I bought a second, I'd probably pick up an electric, because - as mentioned earlier - we buy 100% of our electricity from renewable sources.
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
I own a car and drive it everyday and will continue to do so. I am not the one in here terrified about climate change. :)
It's sad that you're not at least concerned about the harm that human action is causing the long-term climate. Politics notwithstanding, the science is every bit as certain as it is that smoking causes cancer. Your political leaning shouldn't have anything to do with scientific facts. Get over it, and educate yourself.
Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
You know they do. Stop pretending they don't. The question is: why don't you care?
You have no clue what my political leaning is.

I rest my case. LOL

guitfnky

04 Sep 2019

Andy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
EnochLight wrote:
04 Sep 2019

You have no clue what my political leaning is.

I rest my case. LOL
you can’t rest your case when you haven’t made one! 😂

stratatonic

04 Sep 2019

A SPONGE TO SOAK UP CO2 IS IN THE WORKS

https://energyfactor.exxonmobil.com/new ... m_campaign

EnochLight

04 Sep 2019

stratatonic wrote:
04 Sep 2019
A SPONGE TO SOAK UP CO2 IS IN THE WORKS

guitfnky wrote:
04 Sep 2019
you can’t rest your case when you haven’t made one! 😂
:thumbs_up: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

reggie1979

05 Sep 2019

It doesn't matter what the answer is, the debate will continue with all the sides saying how wrong the other is w/o actually coming up with a viable plan.

People generally suck. They do stupid things and only care about taking selfies at dinner.

(and then having their alter ego troll the social media )

reggie1979

05 Sep 2019

Bottom line, this:

way2cool

05 Sep 2019

but I learn in school carbons dioxin is good to plant and tree plus we can not stop all the cows to fart or stop the rich people that’s want to keeps selling petroleum and killing the tree in that’s mean all the poor usual people that’s not rich and (every one else like that is a victim of there greed, which they are the blame, not us, so its not my fault. why not every one mad and change or protest those bad company instead to be mad at each another?

reggie1979

05 Sep 2019

Wow, one of the only sensible posts I've seen.

But didn't you learn in school about Al Gore and his fantastically stupid "An Inconvenient Truth" ??? The snowjob of all snowjobs (and he made MILLIONS in has little scam)

I mean, who doesn't want to use carbon credits and watch simpsons cartoons to show just how clever he is?

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

Ah yes, connecting a global issue to an individual you don't like, discrediting said individual and the global issue alongside with him. Nice and easy!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

way2cool wrote:
05 Sep 2019
but I learn in school carbons dioxin is good to plant and tree plus we can not stop all the cows to fart or stop the rich people that’s want to keeps selling petroleum and killing the tree in that’s mean all the poor usual people that’s not rich and (every one else like that is a victim of there greed, which they are the blame, not us, so its not my fault. why not every one mad and change or protest those bad company instead to be mad at each another?
That is happening. #fridaysforfuture
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

reggie1979

05 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Ah yes, connecting a global issue to an individual you don't like, discrediting said individual and the global issue alongside with him. Nice and easy!
But I have the proof. Just look up "carbon credits" and do a little research. It's a scam.

way2cool

05 Sep 2019

we wont be happy when the bad company and rich people will make more tax and break the world economy and we still have this problems then what

EnochLight

05 Sep 2019

way2cool wrote:
05 Sep 2019
No one is saying “it’s your fault”. What is being said is that the problem is real, and everyone - rich and poor alike - need to do something about it. Also, your education system failed you.

EnochLight

05 Sep 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
05 Sep 2019
You strike me as an intelligent person with common sense, so it’s concerning that you think you’ve only seen one sensible post in this entire thread. Troubling, in fact.

reggie1979

05 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
05 Sep 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
05 Sep 2019
You strike me as an intelligent person with common sense, so it’s concerning that you think you’ve only seen one sensible post in this entire thread. Troubling, in fact.
I said ONE of the only. Not THE ONLY. Sheesh.

way2cool

05 Sep 2019

well in my village the school is very poor but my grandfather teach me smart things to know more about all the world and I read a lot of book to know more but you are not respecting to say such thing please, I believe only common sense in when to much smog mean you have to end the pollution and to see animals sick of oils in the ocean and the plastic and my forest disappear, when rich people kept doing it on purpose and yell at poor people and know that is like this all around the world make me cry

EnochLight

05 Sep 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
05 Sep 2019

I said ONE of the only. Not THE ONLY. Sheesh.
That’s it. I’m charging you a carbon tax for that comment.

reggie1979

05 Sep 2019

Al?

EnochLight

05 Sep 2019

way2cool wrote:
05 Sep 2019
well in my village the school is very poor but my grandfather teach me smart things to know more about all the world and I read a lot of book to know more but you are not respecting to say such thing please, I believe only common sense in when to much smog mean you have to end the pollution and to see animals sick of oils in the ocean and the plastic and my forest disappear, when rich people kept doing it on purpose and yell at poor people and know that is like this all around the world make me cry
This has nothing to do with respecting; the comment wasn’t derogatory towards you. It was about the education system.

Here in the US, science literacy is a huge problem. People are more interested in their religious dogma and personal liberties than learning actual science. As a result, many schools - if not most - don’t even cover biological evolution or climate science unless you pursue a course yourself at university (at your cost).

As a result, there’s generations of voters with little to no science literacy. It sucks.

It appeared as though you were suggesting your school taught you “carbon dioxide is good for plants and cows fart so we can’t do anything about climate change”. If that’s not what you meant, then - my bad.

reggie1979

05 Sep 2019

People in the US are more worried about taking selfies than science.

Remember, on top of electric cars being the answer to our climate problems, the earth is flat, there were no dinosaurs, and ancient aliens seeded the earthlings.

Oh, and the earth was created 6000 years ago and the sun orbits the earth.
Last edited by reggie1979 on 05 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

• Information