New Logo for Reason Studios

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dannyF

03 Sep 2019

Here is my logo work for Reason Studios, what do you think?
reason.gif
reason.gif (10.39 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
Last edited by dannyF on 03 Sep 2019, edited 2 times in total.

dannyF

03 Sep 2019

Original
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (16.66 KiB) Viewed 2572 times

Loque

04 Sep 2019

Studeos... Typo... And it looks like ToyRus..
Reason12, Win10

boingy

04 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
04 Sep 2019
I think both of those things might be the point.

Last Alternative

04 Sep 2019

I hope Reason doesn’t get dumbed down someday to Fisher-Price level user-friendliness like some music software out there, for example, the auto-mastering junk.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

dannyF

04 Sep 2019

odd. when I add the "new logo" to any comment, post it gets deleted.

On what grounds?

Surely a symbol is just a replacement for words .... If words are acceptable, why not symbols?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

Reason Studeos a division of Rubiks Cube Corp. soon to be Rubiks Studio.
:lol:
rubik.gif
rubik.gif (23.1 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

miscend

04 Sep 2019

Needs a bit more colour

reggie1979

05 Sep 2019

I miss the old Propellerheads.

joeyluck

09 Sep 2019

I get why they went with the cube—to pay homage to part of the old logo and keep things simple. But I agree with others that it's a bit plain and doesn't say much about the software. And it's lost in a sea of cube-based logos out there.

I'm not a graphic designer, but maybe this can inspire other ideas. I realize the other posts here are jokes, but since this thread already existed, I felt this the best place to post this.

I think it would be cool to incorporate the Rack in some form (particularly the back). And just use the R from Reason and Reason Studios. Maybe like this:

Or maybe they can take the cube and accent it with some stylized representation of the Rack?

As I placed the R in the middle, I got a closer and longer look at it. I had noticed the interesting shape before, but the more I look at it, the more I can see the emphasis on the P shape, more than other R's, perhaps a nod to Propellerhead? Or maybe I was just looking at it too long lol.

miscend

09 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2019
I get why they went with the cube—to pay homage to part of the old logo and keep things simple. But I agree with others that it's a bit plain and doesn't say much about the software. And it's lost in a sea of cube-based logos out there.

I'm not a graphic designer, but maybe this can inspire other ideas. I realize the other posts here are jokes, but since this thread already existed, I felt this the best place to post this.

I think it would be cool to incorporate the Rack in some form (particularly the back). And just use the R from Reason and Reason Studios. Maybe like this:

Or maybe they can take the cube and accent it with some stylized representation of the Rack?

As I placed the R in the middle, I got a closer and longer look at it. I had noticed the interesting shape before, but the more I look at it, the more I can see the emphasis on the P shape, more than other R's, perhaps a nod to Propellerhead? Or maybe I was just looking at it too long lol.
Your mock up is a better logo by far IMHO.

The Scandinavians are known for great design but the new logo in my opinion doesn't tell you anything about Reason its too generic.

boingy

09 Sep 2019

miscend wrote:
09 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2019

The Scandinavians are known for great design but the new logo in my opinion doesn't tell you anything about Reason its too generic.
That's more of a web graphic than a logo. A logo needs to be simple, with only a few colours. It needs to look good on T-shirts, pens, trucks, buildings, tattoos, and be recognisable if someone sketches it in the sand or graffiti's it on a wall.

joeyluck

09 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
09 Sep 2019
miscend wrote:
09 Sep 2019

That's more of a web graphic than a logo. A logo needs to be simple, with only a few colours. It needs to look good on T-shirts, pens, trucks, buildings, tattoos, and be recognisable if someone sketches it in the sand or graffiti's it on a wall.
For sure, I don't disagree. Was presenting it more as an example that might inspire other ideas by actual graphic designers.

I imagine something that is a more stylistic representation of the Rack. There's Reason and the Reason Rack Plugin, even Compact has a cute little Rack—it all comes back to the Rack and it's what Reason is known for. So I think that should be represented in the logo somehow.

I also made this other example, which is also probably too busy. It uses the cool graphics found in the Rent-to-Own video, and a cable graphic from the website. Something like this could be cool, but with less knobs and cables. Maybe just a couple knobs, a couple cables... Like you mention; maybe something you can draw.

KGB

15 Sep 2019

Can someone explain what the old and new Reason logos are supposed to portray? The old logo always reminded me of the radioactive symbol... The new logo just looks like a new age cube that I don't understand.

joeyluck

15 Sep 2019

KGB wrote:
15 Sep 2019
Can someone explain what the old and new Reason logos are supposed to portray? The old logo always reminded me of the radioactive symbol... The new logo just looks like a new age cube that I don't understand.
The old logo looked to me like a propeller, composed of cubes. The new one is just one cube.

Marc64

15 Sep 2019

Maybe they visualize the removal of the sequencer and mixer and whats left is the rack as in The rack vst :)

Marc64

15 Sep 2019

pacman studios.png
pacman studios.png (49.39 KiB) Viewed 1787 times

Creativemind

15 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
04 Sep 2019
I was thinking that. Looks like a nursery or kids fun centre type font / colours. And yes a typo or was that part of the 'looks like a child's wrote it' aspect?

I did notice straight away on Reason 11 announcement though that Propellerhead / Reason Studios have changed the font. The old one (not that I recall what it was now) was better. Don't like the 'a' much lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

KGB

15 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
15 Sep 2019
KGB wrote:
15 Sep 2019
The old logo looked to me like a propeller, composed of cubes. The new one is just one cube.

Thanks Joey

joeyluck

16 Sep 2019

KGB wrote:
15 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
15 Sep 2019

Thanks Joey
Yeah my guess is that if moving away from the Propellerhead name, the logo for Reason should also move away from a propeller inspired look, if that's how it was meant to be viewed before... Could just be the way I interpreted it.

Loque

16 Sep 2019

Its not a cube, its just a octagon. Just rotate the view a bit.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

16 Sep 2019

To be more authentic it should have the old one transforming into the new one like the gif above (nice work btw) but make it so it takes twenty years for the transformation to complete.

ljekio

25 Sep 2019

I noticed that watching previous videos of training and demonstrations that say about the “new device from propellerhead” now sounds a bit weird.

• Information