Stable but inexpensive DAWs

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Threpus

02 Sep 2019

Thank you to everyone for the input. After trying a few demos, I’ve decided to go with Reaper. The value proposition is just too good. I think that I’ll find my own flow with it in time, and the ability to customize it should help make it more palatable in the meanwhile. Beyond all other considerations, there are two irrefutable facts: 1) Reaper is damn powerful, and 2) crazy efficient. I’m just gonna have to put my big boy pants on and learn how to use it.

VariableX

02 Sep 2019

2chris wrote:
01 Sep 2019
I always suggest trying Live standard if you have some VST instruments. Suite is amazing, and imo worth it, but expensive and doesn’t fit what you’re asking.

If you want truly inexpensive, I have to suggest Logic as the top choice, and FL Studio as second. Both continue to get updates without cost, have large user bases, and are feature rich.
Yep if I owned an Apple i think Logic is a no brainer.
But I don't and probably never will.

sdst
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2019

Threpus wrote:
02 Sep 2019
Thank you to everyone for the input. After trying a few demos, I’ve decided to go with Reaper.
:thumbs_up: good decision, when you learn the actions is thousands of things you can do
you can create buttons, bars, you can create a daw in Reaper,

this a very good channel about reaper, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq297H ... SsQ/videos

kinkujin

03 Sep 2019

Any difference in stability between Reaper on Windows vs Mac?

• Information