Choice Eurorack FX Modules

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

16 May 2019

... don't think I started an FX one, yet...

First up! Black Hole Stereo Delay.. new for '19.

Erica Synths Black Stereo Delay is a hi-fi stereo delay with lot of unique features, based on our custom DSP engine. Developed in collaboration with Tim Pechersky aka TeemKaa of Useful Circuits. Tape, digital and ping-pong modes of delay, hold with overdub and delicate delay time and feedback control in combination with CV and trigger control over various parameters make this module not only great effects unit in your modular system, but also - an instrument on it’s own.

Features:

Stereo delay with adjustable delay time
Tape, digital and ping-pong delay modes
Tap and clock synchronization of delay time
Reverse delay mode
Hold mode (samples up to 20” of audio) with Add (overdub) feature
Trigger control over Hold, Add and Reverse
CV control over delay time, dry/wet mix and feedback
Feedback path soft limiting compression
Add to hold soft limiting compression
Adjustable stereo delay spread

~ 310 EUR (excl. VAT)

O1B

21 Aug 2019

Just ordered...

Sold my Koma Delay Pedal for this.... I'm hoping.

Frequency range 5Hz..24kHz
Sampling frequency 48kHz, 24bit
Delay time 3..3000 ms
Audio codecs -108 dynamic range, -98dB THD+N

PATCHES:

00:03 - #1 VOWEL

Black Wavetable VCO sequence sent through delay in ping-pong tape mode.

00:53 - #2 LAVENDER FIELDS

Audiobook sent through delay in tape mode with manually set stereo spread.
Stereo spread is set by holding ADD button and turning the TIME knob.

02:31 - #3 BREAKIN

Sample Drum playing a breakbeat sent through delay in tape mode with manually set stereo spread.
Stereo spread is set by holding ADD button and turning the TIME knob.

03:27 - #4 TAP TAP VOWEL

Black Wavetable VCO sent through synced delay in ping-pong tape mode.
Sequencer and delay are clocked from the same clock source. Delay instantly syncs to external clock after two tap (clock) signals therefore adjusting the "time" manuallyy produces interesting effects.

04:18 - #5 DROID BREAKDANCE

Sample Drum playing randomly selected samples through delay in digital mode.
All trigger inputs are randomly triggered and time is modulated with a synced S&H signal from the Octasource.

05:32 - #6 SPACE WAVE

Wavetable VCO sent through delay in ping-pong tape mode.
Delay time and feedback is modulated with phase offset sine wave LFO from the Octasource.

06:06 - #7 WAVE SCANNER

Wavetable VCO send through panning mixer and then the stereo output from the mixer is sent trough the delay in tape mode. Stereo spread of the delay is set manually.

07:23 - #8 THE COWBELL

Cowbell sample played back on Pico Drums sent through delay in ping-pong tape mode.
All trigger inputs are randomly triggered and time is modulated with a synced S&H signal from the Octasource.

08:25 - #9 (( STEREO WAVE ))

Two wavetable VCOs with same bank hard paned to L&R and modulated by Octasource sent through delay in tape mode. Stereo spread of the delay is set manually.

09:58 - #10 ACID DUB

Black Wavetable VCO send through Pico LPG and then through delay in tape mode with manually set stereo spread.

10:52 - #11 DIGITAL NOISE

Black Digital Noise sent through a stereo mixer which is hard panned by the Octasource then sent through delay in digital mode with stereo spread set manually.

11:30 - #12 THE DRONE

Black VCO send through delay in ping-pong tape mode.
Drone is built up by using the HOLD and ADD functions which samples the incoming audio signal.

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Aug 2019

Just out of curiosity, O1B. Do you make music with all that stuff or is it more of a collectors thing?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Aug 2019

It's so interesting because I'd be paralyzed by all that stuff. Then again I have so little space, the one synth I own has to sit on a baby highchair and I can only unpack and mount it once everyone's asleep
#justeuropethings #sadface
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Aug 2019

To be fair, Antilop is one hell of a synth stand:

O1B

22 Aug 2019

Mimeophon VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Mimeophon1.png
Mimeophon1.png (1005 KiB) Viewed 10089 times
Nice Loloop Video.

diminished wrote:
21 Aug 2019
Just out of curiosity, O1B. Do you make music with all that stuff or is it more of a collectors thing?
I don't Facebook, or dropbox, or youtube (anymore) - so, I don't post my work - but I make music everyday.
I work with one Artist. Maybe, you'll hear some of our work soon.

I'm not ITB much for "making music" vs recording/monitoring. Certain 'Houses' of Hardware/Modular suits me.
Like Erica Synths. I tried Pico DSP and Pico Drums (a year now). Now, the Stereo Echo, and DSP2.

How do you tap tempo delay time - in stereo - out of the box?
How do you create a Dub Step wobble - out of the box?
How do you ... ah.. you get my meaning...

About the space thing. I can dig it. NYC. We do what we can.

God IS Good.

Be well. And, thanks for the nice picture of a high chair.
You may not have Space, but you seem to have plenty of Time. Take Advantage.

O1B

I understand., Diminished. I do. It's all Good. I Love Life, and I Live to Learn.

diminished wrote:
21 Aug 2019
I have so little space, the one synth I own has to sit on a baby highchair and I can only unpack and mount it once everyone's asleep

selig
RE Developer

22 Aug 2019

Would love to hear what you think about the Erica delay - looking at Magneto presently, but it's huge (and uses lots of power).

Also interested in both Mimeophon and Morphagene, and as for Erica the Black Hole, BBD and flanger have caught my attention recently, not to mention the Plasma Drive!

You can tell I'm in FX mode with my modular - will need to move out of the small NYC apartment before I have the space for even one more module!!!
Selig Audio, LLC

O1B

22 Aug 2019

I hear ya. I guess most people here don't see that I sell as much as I buy.
I sold all my Moog Pedals - save the MF104 - and the MF101 FILTER. Awesome.
3 Moogerfoogers take the space of a Rackbrute 6U - no exaggeration.
And they sold for a Pretty Penny after they were discontinued.

I get the pedal on Saturday and plan to Palette it immediately. It sounds Perfect. Dark. Voltronic. In the Videos.
Magneto sounds glassy to me. Like a Pitch Shifting Guitar pedal. Not my Thing.

btw, I have the EURO DDL. On it's own... typical. CV'd .. Holey smokes.
I was going to get a 2nd (stereo) - but then I saw/heard the Stereo Delay.

Frequency range: 5-25kHz.
Sampling frequency: 24bit, 48Hkz. The Sweet Spot for Sonics, imo.
https://www.ericasynths.lv/media/Black_Delay_Manual.pdf

The Mimeophon was a no-brainer. When did Make Noise ever Miss?
And, it looks like a lot of collaborative work went into making some nicely balanced echos.
Great Video when you have the time, Selig:

I use Phonogene every other day. I haven't committed to the Morph, but it's a keeper.
The Phonogene is just fun to temp glitch ANY vocal/voice over Music. Damn it's Fun!

I'll definitely report back on the Delay. IF it works, then YES, Erica Synths might be my new Effects House.
selig wrote:
22 Aug 2019
Would love to hear what you think about the Erica delay - looking at Magneto presently, but it's huge (and uses lots of power).

Also interested in both Mimeophon and Morphagene, and as for Erica the Black Hole, BBD and flanger have caught my attention recently, not to mention the Plasma Drive!

You can tell I'm in FX mode with my modular - will need to move out of the small NYC apartment before I have the space for even one more module!!!

selig
RE Developer

22 Aug 2019

Thanks for the feedback (no pun intended). BTW, loving your threads on Eurorack, have helped me tons - keep 'em coming!
Selig Audio, LLC

diminished
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2019

O1B wrote:
22 Aug 2019

I don't Facebook, or dropbox, or youtube (anymore) - so, I don't post my work - but I make music everyday.
I work with one Artist. Maybe, you'll hear some of our work soon.

I'm not ITB much for "making music" vs recording/monitoring. Certain 'Houses' of Hardware/Modular suits me.
Like Erica Synths. I tried Pico DSP and Pico Drums (a year now). Now, the Stereo Echo, and DSP2.

How do you tap tempo delay time - in stereo - out of the box?
How do you create a Dub Step wobble - out of the box?
How do you ... ah.. you get my meaning...

About the space thing. I can dig it. NYC. We do what we can.

God IS Good.

Be well. And, thanks for the nice picture of a high chair.
You may not have Space, but you seem to have plenty of Time. Take Advantage.

O1B
Good points, the hands-on experience and the range of possibilities must be nice.

Would love to hear something when the time comes.

Thanks for the nice words!

O1B

22 Aug 2019

Thank you Mr. Selig.

I'm glad that through the crazy inter-talk, i didn't get too lost in translation with you. I hope Normen starts to hate me less.

I do Love that Guy. And, I aint scared to say it.

selig wrote:
22 Aug 2019
Thanks for the feedback (no pun intended). BTW, loving your threads on Eurorack, have helped me tons - keep 'em coming!

O1B

31 Aug 2019

Happy Nerding...

I haven't seen any info concerning Bit Depth, Sample Rate and the like... I'm interested, if anyone sees any info...

FX AID, a 4hp Eurorack module that offers 32 unique audio effects.

The module offers 3 FX Controls, plus Analog Dry/Wet Control with a Dedicated CV Input:

Features:

FX AID runs 32 unique audio effects arranged in 4 banks of 8 effects.
Three effect controls plus analog Dry/Wet control with dedicated CV input.
High quality stereo signal pass.
Assignable CV input to effect controls or to Sample Rate reducer (changes internal clock).
Four user storable presets – stores selected program and all three controls.
CV assign, presets and the last used effect are remembered and always available after power offs.
32 effects are simultaneously available, but FX AID can be reflashed with other user selected Happy Nerding effects in any order.

~$200USD
http://www.happynerding.com

Faastwalker

31 Aug 2019

The Make Noise Mimephone looks very cool. Would love to add this to my rack. Thinking of buying a case to replace the TipTop Happy Ending kit. Was bound to happen. Will probably go for a TipTop Mantis. I think that will do me ........ until it fills up! :?

O1B

01 Sep 2019

Now Shipping!

I think it's at Control. I ordered from California... Doh!

.... from a Control customer on Reddit
Faastwalker wrote:
31 Aug 2019
The Make Noise Mimephone looks very cool. Would love to add this to my rack. Thinking of buying a case to replace the TipTop Happy Ending kit. Was bound to happen. Will probably go for a TipTop Mantis. I think that will do me ........ until it fills up! :?

O1B

10 Oct 2019

Apologies Selig.

Balancing a Project due October 31st and life stuff.
I went hog wild on mini euro containers
My OCD doesn't allow me to screw and re-screw. I must do it right the first time. Sad. It never happens, anyway.

Anyways, I get a POD48X today and it frees up space for proper analysis of all three modules (Erica DSP2, Mimeophon, and Erica Stereo Delay)

that - and, I want/NEED my plastic washers! non-starter without em.... OCD.

soon,

O1B
selig wrote:
22 Aug 2019
Last edited by O1B on 04 Nov 2020, edited 2 times in total.

O1B

13 Oct 2019

E520 Hyperion Processor
Synthesis Technology

Coming.... SOON.

O1B

24 Oct 2019

Ordered!

Endorphin Milky Way Stereo Effects... Tap... easily accessible... CV'd.

Manual: http://endorphin.es/assets/es_milky_way_190919.pdf
Airways: Hall, Shimmer, Stereo ROOM, Plate, Spring, Ping-Pong, Tape Echo, Chorus..
Darkwaves: Gated, Spring, Ping-Pong, Flanger, Ring-Mod, OverDRIVE, PEAK Compressor, FREEZER/Looper

First Endorphin for me. I always wanted to try them, but $$$.
Now, these new mini modules are right up my Pod60.

It lists as 30mm depth so, i'm hoping. Podx worse case. That "tap" tempo doesn't 'look' to be CV, so it's 'hands-on."
...maybe one of the cabin, cockpit, etc things take over control for.... delay.... tap vs scaled cv... ? that's the question. RTFM time.

I have no idea about the sample or bit rate, either- but - Endorphin.

EDIT: RTFM
• 48 kHz 16 bit digital audio stereo processing
Depth: 30mm (with plugged ribbon cable)
.... nice.

Endorphin's site shows COMING SOON, but Perfect Circuit has them. If this works, these new modules may make a nice "set.'

O1B

21 Nov 2019

Synthesis Technology : E520 Hyperion Processor

Kickstarter campaign launches on Nov. 15th and the KS page will activate on Nov. 10th.
Estimated shipping: late May 2020.

https://synthtech.com/eurorack/E520/

Audio conversion uses 48KHz sample rate, 24bit resolution with a line or synth level setting.
Powered by a 480MHz ARM Cortex M7 CPU, the E520 has 64MB on on-board SDRAM for recording up to 6min of stereo audio at 48KHz sample rate. The LCD screen and optical encoder navigation uses the same 'shallow' menu scheme of our E352 and E370 modules, with the addition of 4 'soft keys' for selecting options without having to leave the main page.

O1B

23 Dec 2019

New algorithm under development: The Chowder Stuttering Delay
Posted by Paul Schreiber
Dec 23, 2019

More Chowder, Please!!!

O1B

09 Jan 2020

Drums into... Drone.

Nice.

Stretch Goal Algorithm Demo: Spectral DroneMachine

From Paul :
One of the Stretch Goals was to "reverse engineer" the Norris plug-in 'Spectral Dronemaker'.

Well, here is our version. We tried to make it "sound close" as well as adding more control and more options to make it sound "different" if you want it to. Have a listen, and tell me what you think!

selig
RE Developer

10 Jan 2020

Wow, reminds me of Time Scramble from the Eventide SP2016 back in the 1980s - still haven't heard a decent emulation of that algorithm (until now)!
O1B wrote:
23 Dec 2019
Posted by Paul Schreiber
Dec 23, 2019

More Chowder, Please!!!
Selig Audio, LLC

O1B

13 Jan 2020

with Ample Modulation Control, this is going to be a Great FX Box.

FYI.

- The EuroDLL is a Great Delay. Clean to Crunchy with Rez-ness, if you get my meaning.
Proper Send and Return makes having a Pair very useful for Full Stereo Control over Left and Right.

- The Mimeophon: Very, Very Clean. nice Reverb. It's a Trickster. Not a Bread and Butter Delay though, imo.
I don't get the clocking - or, at least - there are Pedals that adapt to 'my Timing' methods quickly.
(MXR 103-Echoplex - TAP, EuroDDL - TAP, QuBit Prism - no TAP, but stutter speed adjustment is a nice workaround, Cerjman PH-4 LFO - the speed adjustment hits all the sweep spots, the Frostwave Blue Ringer).. and

- The Erica Stereo Delay
KEEEEEEPER!!!! NICE and CLEAN. It's a top of the line Delay Pedal in Eurorack, imo.
Stellar on Synths (Behringer Craving now), or Drums, or Vocals.
I'm going to get a few of these over the Magneto (too glassy, 96kHz may be too high for me)

I'll try the Erica DSP 2 Later today.

selig wrote:
10 Jan 2020
Wow, reminds me of Time Scramble from the Eventide SP2016 back in the 1980s - still haven't heard a decent emulation of that algorithm (until now)!
O1B wrote:
23 Dec 2019
Posted by Paul Schreiber
Dec 23, 2019

More Chowder, Please!!!

Catblack

13 Jan 2020

I'm going to be lusting after this one for a few years. (Maybe the next version or two when they get CPU upgrades.) The pedal version demos I've seen are very impressive.

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Faastwalker

14 Jan 2020

These look good & are well priced.

http://tiptopaudio.com/zverb-echoz-z5000/

A lot of the very cool looking EuroRack FX modules I've investigated are, to be frank, FUCKING expensive! (certinly here in Australia) I'm more interested in capable, affordable modules to build up a modest Eurorack system ;)

O1B

14 Jan 2020

I'm an Empress fan myself. Para EQ and Compressor.

Im after this... but I was holding out for Stereo.. maybe, 2...

... or.. the Echo Station... with a proper Pitch/Frequency Shifter (Analog) [Dual mono FX works for me]

Nice list of Modules for the ZOIA:

Interface Modules
Audio Input, Audio Output
Midi Notes In, Midi CC in, Midi Pressure, MIDI Clock in, Midi CC out, Midi PC out, Midi Note out
Stompswitch, UI Button, Pushbutton, Keyboard
Cport Exp/CV in, Cport CV out

Analysis Modules
Onset Detector, Env Follower, Pitch Detector

Audio Modules
Oscillator,VCA, SV Filter,Multi-Filter
Delay Line, Audio Panner, Pitch Shifter
Audio Balance, Audio Mixer
Inverter
Audio In Switch, Audio Out Switch
All Pass Filter, Noise, Audio Multiply, Bit Crusher, Aliaser, 1 Buffer DelayLooper, Granular, Stereo Spread
Bit Modulator, Diffuser

CV Modules
LFO, Sequencer, ADSR, Sample and Hold
CV Invert, CV Rectify
Value, Trigger
CV Flip Flop, CV Delay, CV Loop, CV Filter
Clock Divider, Comparator
In Switch, Out Switch
Slew Limiter, Quantizer, Steps, Multiplier, Random, Rhythm

Effects
Tone Control EQ, Delay w/Mod, Ping Pong Delay
OD & Distortion, Fuzz
Compressor, Gate
Plate Reverb, Hall Reverb, Room Reverb, Ghostverb, Reverb Lite
Phaser, Chorus, Vibrato, Flanger, Tremolo
Env Filter, Ring Modulator, Cabinet Sim
Catblack wrote:
13 Jan 2020
I'm going to be lusting after this one for a few years. (Maybe the next version or two when they get CPU upgrades.) The pedal version demos I've seen are very impressive.

• Information