Wiggle for less than 20 bucks

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

30 Aug 2019

Its a interesting synth i was eying for a while, but i did not wanted to pay that much for it since i have so many great synths. It has some cool and unique features, the sound is good, the FX too. Its quite easy to program and it currently is just for lless than 20 bucks and you get Iris2 for free if you do not own it.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/2632-WIGGLE
Reason12, Win10

dezma

30 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2019
you get Iris2 for free if you do not own it.
Does that mean I can crossgrade to ozone 8 advanced for the 99€ action?

That would make it kind of a no-brainer

boingy

30 Aug 2019

Some of the blurb for Wiggle makes it sound like an April Fool joke:

"The world is a marvelous system of wiggles. It has always been a challenge for electronic musicians to sufficiently reflect the wiggly nature of sound and human emotion with limited tools in the digital realm."

:lol:

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

You may wiggle mine but it'll be more than 20..

Joking aside, what can Wiggle do?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

30 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
30 Aug 2019
You may wiggle mine but it'll be more than 20..

Joking aside, what can Wiggle do?
* It can modulate 4 points in the wave oscilator in all directions in different shapes
* You can define a custome additional wave shaper
* Osc FM with defineable frequency
* FM Matrix for the 4 oscillators
* You can easily creat 4 snapshots and morph between them like you can do in Vecto, except you can morph all instead of modulate a few parameters
* And ofc the standard modulation stuff, per osc amp envelopes and some fx
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

30 Aug 2019

Thanks for pointing this out I now own, Wiggle.
Quick play and i had my headphones on, couldn't believe how quiet it was! Everything turned up full blast...
I cant hear well at the moment due to a really bad middle ear infection, ... turns out the sound was coming out my laptop speakers and not using my audio interface but because im so deaf atm I thought it was playing through the headphones 😂😂

eusti

30 Aug 2019

Has anybody found a way to change the GUI size? With my older MacBook Pro and the added VST window I cannot get to the bottom of the synth... :(

Edit: And for some reason I seem not able to authorize the synth through its authorizer in Reason... Any ideas?

D.

Loque

31 Aug 2019

eusti wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Has anybody found a way to change the GUI size? With my older MacBook Pro and the added VST window I cannot get to the bottom of the synth... :(

Edit: And for some reason I seem not able to authorize the synth through its authorizer in Reason... Any ideas?

D.
I think the GUI is fixed, but I am not sure.

I simply entered the serial. I am on Windows.
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

31 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
31 Aug 2019
eusti wrote:
30 Aug 2019

D.

Me too, just put in the serial and it works.
Sounds really nice to my broken ears.
Not so sure about the iris2 but haven't downloaded any libraries yet

boingy

31 Aug 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Quick play and i had my headphones on, couldn't believe how quiet it was! Everything turned up full blast...
I cant hear well at the moment due to a really bad middle ear infection, ... turns out the sound was coming out my laptop speakers and not using my audio interface but because im so deaf atm I thought it was playing through the headphones 😂😂
Hehe. The other day I managed to have the monitor speakers on at the same time as wearing (semi-closed) headphones. The headphone volume knob was working like an EQ. Turn it up and the bass dropped away, turn it down and the bass came back.
Stupido user!

Anyhow, I've looked at Wiggle but I'm now a bit concerned about how I will reflect the waggly nature of sound. You can't do one without the other. That would be ridiculous.

miscend

31 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Some of the blurb for Wiggle makes it sound like an April Fool joke:

"The world is a marvelous system of wiggles. It has always been a challenge for electronic musicians to sufficiently reflect the wiggly nature of sound and human emotion with limited tools in the digital realm."

A wiggle is a waveform?

miscend

31 Aug 2019

I was going to buy Wiggle but it has not been updated since 2017. And apparently there are bugs that make it unusable in Ableton Live. So just beware it maybe abandonware.

VariableX

31 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
31 Aug 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Hehe. The other day I managed to have the monitor speakers on at the same time as wearing (semi-closed) headphones. The headphone volume knob was working like an EQ. Turn it up and the bass dropped away, turn it down and the bass came back.
Stupido user!

Anyhow, I've looked at Wiggle but I'm now a bit concerned about how I will reflect the waggly nature of sound. You can't do one without the other. That would be ridiculous.
😂😂

eusti

31 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
31 Aug 2019

Thanks! Entering the serial brings up something like "cannot connect to the internet"...
Same message / behavior in Cubase... Authorized in Garageband... :/
Might have wasted my money on that one... Contacted support...

D.

Majestik Monkey

02 Sep 2019

I bought Wiggle since it was so cheap ' Nice & weird FM Synth ' But it got some CPU issues !?
Find your sound n Bounce that shit out :puf_bigsmile:

Loque

02 Sep 2019

Majestik Monkey wrote:
02 Sep 2019
I bought Wiggle since it was so cheap ' Nice & weird FM Synth ' But it got some CPU issues !?
Find your sound n Bounce that shit out :puf_bigsmile:
It worked quite smooth on my machine. Maybe you could lower the oversampling and see if it works better. General rules of thumb for optimizations
* Lower sampling rate (and oversampling)
* Less FX (like mega long convolution reverbs)
* Less voices
* Less unison
* Less FX (including filter) per voice if suitable
* Shorter tails in the Amp Envelope
Reason12, Win10

boingy

02 Sep 2019

Majestik Monkey wrote:
02 Sep 2019
Are you using it in Live?

zoidkirb

02 Sep 2019

The modulation options and the fm table are well done and integrate really well with Reason.
Unfortunately I just didn't like the tones I was hearing. Lots of aliasing and cheap plastic sounding filters.

VariableX

06 Sep 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
02 Sep 2019
The modulation options and the fm table are well done and integrate really well with Reason.
Unfortunately I just didn't like the tones I was hearing. Lots of aliasing and cheap plastic sounding filters.
I guess this is what makes the world go round - different opinions - I think it sounds really lush and awesome!
Also i've had loads of them running and only had 2 bars on the dsp so seems pretty efficient too 😀

Loque

15 Nov 2019

Yea, we are close to BF and they pulling out their deals. Again, less than 20 bucks:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 632-WIGGLE
Reason12, Win10

zoidkirb

16 Nov 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
06 Sep 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
02 Sep 2019
I guess this is what makes the world go round - different opinions - I think it sounds really lush and awesome!
Also i've had loads of them running and only had 2 bars on the dsp so seems pretty efficient too 😀
sale is up,time for a second chance trial. i'll probably pull the trigger this time as fm synths are fast becoming my jam.
still hating the filters, but luckily that's far from a dealbreaker.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2020

On sale again at Plug-in Boutique. $19
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

13 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
13 Feb 2020
On sale again at Plug-in Boutique. $19
Its 17,66€ only and currently you get AAS Player + 2 Sound Packs for free too.
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

13 Feb 2020

unfamiliar with the AAS Player + it's Sound Packs... any good?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

13 Feb 2020

moneykube wrote:
13 Feb 2020
unfamiliar with the AAS Player + it's Sound Packs... any good?
Its the Player from AAS like the Arturia Player. You just need some Sound Packs for it. Dunno if there are some available right out of the box. But you can freely pick the sound packs. Under the hood (depending on the packs) are the synths from AAS.
Reason12, Win10

• Information