Arturia - 3 Delays You'll Actually Use (Leak)

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2019

Coming soon:

https://www.gearnews.com/leak-is-arturi ... ually-use/

Delay-Tape-201.jpg
Delay-Tape-201.jpg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Memory-Brigade.jpg
Memory-Brigade.jpg (61.92 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Delay-Eternity.jpg
Delay-Eternity.jpg (67.41 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MarkTarlton

22 Aug 2019

I have a lot of delays, but the memory man looks interesting, and it's probably my favorite analog delay that's not tape based. I wonder if it will have a better bucket brigade algorithm than the Valhalla delay?

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

Got all 3 for $49. These are some fantastic delays. The Eternity is my favorite because you can get some really smooth, pitchy, lo-fi-ness out of it. Reason's synths are going to sound amazing in Logic hooked up to these. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

eusti

28 Aug 2019

Was considering them... $ 49 sounds like a good deal... But I don't have anything by Arturia yet... So, it would be $ 99 for me...
Not sure yet...

D.

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

Right before these delays came out I was on the lookout for a decent space echo emulation. Almost sprang for Audiothing's but glad I didn't. Arturia's 201 has some SERIOUS vibe.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Libraquaricorn

28 Aug 2019

Arturia is offering me all their 12 effects (preamps, filters, compressors and delays) for 149€.... I'm suuuuper tempted, since I have none of them. I guess this is because I own the Arturia V Collection 6.

eusti

28 Aug 2019

hurricane wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Right before these delays came out I was on the lookout for a decent space echo emulation. Almost sprang for Audiothing's but glad I didn't. Arturia's 201 has some SERIOUS vibe.
Nice! Do any of them have ducking? Asking as I sometimes use Cubase Elements and it doesn't allow for side chaining...

D.

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

Regarding ducking - yeah, you can do that with the envelope follower. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

miscend

28 Aug 2019

I need to resist the GAS.

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

Really hoping when they do reverbs that they emulate an AMS RMX.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

EdGrip

29 Aug 2019

Don't overlook Modnetic by Surreal Machines for Space Echo sounds and lots more besides. I have it and love it.

EdGrip

29 Aug 2019

Don't overlook the excellent Modnetic by Surreal Machines for Space Echo sounds and lots more besides. I have it and love it.

Steedus
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

Tried the 2 modelled delays out tonight - mainly comparing the Tape-201 to Audiothing's Outer Space. My instrument source was guitar.

Both Arturia plugins sound great. The Memory Brigade has a thick, dark sound with some very faint background noise (an intentional feature) which gives it a real analog sound, though you'll probably only notice it when driving it hard or using headphones. I've never used the original pedal so my comparisons are limited.

The Tape-201 is a great emulation as well, and pitting it against Outer Space, it definitely has a slightly more musical sound to it. For some reason, although I absolutely love what Audiothing has been doing lately with their Reels, Springs and Valves plugins, Outer Space just never clicked with me. Something about it didn't sound how I wanted it to sound - with the exception of the spring reverb tank. When compared, the spring reverb on Outer Space has a denser, thicker sound with more lower frequency content which I much prefer. However the overall sound of Tape-201 is slightly sweeter, and while the flutter modulation on Tape-201 is much more restrained than when setting the same dial above 50% on Outer Space, it is to my ears, much nicer.

Now to try and avoid some more GAS ....

btw if you like gritty sounding tape delay emulations, Audiority's new PlexiTape plugin is fantastic. Absolutely give it a try.

Loque

30 Aug 2019

I tried them. The basic sound in the feedback loop is smooth. Guess, they catched the sound pretty good (never heard the original heardware...).

If you are looking for some smooth feedback loop delay and you do not have one yet, they might be your toy. In the end, they are more or less a delay. The 201' reverb in addition with the EQ sounds quite nice.

All in all something you can have, but not a must imo. Nobody of the normal listeners really would hear the differences between the delays and a normal feedback loop.
Reason12, Win10

• Information