What is the lack of REASON?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kenni
Site Admin

28 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
28 Aug 2019
diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019

How would you interpret the term “impression“
how could you possibly get the impression anyone is stifling criticism??? have you looked at the R11 announcement thread? hell, I’ve posted more criticism than most, and other than mods moving a post or two, everything is still there.

if RT’s shady Reason Studios overlords are censoring unfavorable posts, they’re doing a balls-ass job of it. 😂
LOL!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

diekehle

28 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
28 Aug 2019
diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019

How would you interpret the term “impression“
how could you possibly get the impression anyone is stifling criticism??? have you looked at the R11 announcement thread? hell, I’ve posted more criticism than most, and other than mods moving a post or two, everything is still there.

if RT’s shady Reason Studios overlords are censoring unfavorable posts, they’re doing a balls-ass job of it. 😂

If, then it is more creating a community which is easy to control because they are thinking they talking in an environment where only the users are. It is like keeping people in, otherwise they could go away and not using your product. It is called retention what current software companys are hunting for, you need them to use their application, because of that you convert them into loyal payers. Another way to call it is user engagement, the often you use a program or being busy with it on other sites or boards the more possible you will come back and pay again. Therefore you need control over the touchpoints, and reasontalk is one of them. One without ads, where Kenni is paying approx. 1.000 Bucks a year for fun, thx again. You know I create this type of user journeys for apps. But i am a silly app designer who doesnˋt understand the WWW. And therefore i stated my impression.

Like i said „if“.

ljekio

28 Aug 2019

Reason lack switch overdub/replace notes when midi record (i remember Reason had it before redesign of sequencer in 4 or 5 version) and comping midi takes ability like audio tracks.
This is one of the saddest lacks of the Reason.

And that problem haunts me for many years:
viewtopic.php?p=368617#p368617

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Aug 2019

diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019
guitfnky wrote:
28 Aug 2019

If, then it is more creating a community which is easy to control because they are thinking they talking in an environment where only the users are. It is like keeping people in, otherwise they could go away and not using your product. It is called retention what current software companys are hunting for, you need them to use their application, because of that you convert them into loyal payers. Another way to call it is user engagement, the often you use a program or being busy with it on other sites or boards the more possible you will come back and pay again. Therefore you need control over the touchpoints, and reasontalk is one of them. One without ads, where Kenni is paying approx. 1.000 Bucks a year for fun, thx again. You know I create this type of user journeys for apps. But i am a silly app designer who doesnˋt understand the WWW. And therefore i stated my impression.

Like i said „if“.
Heh, what can I say, I'm a software and web developer, I got a well paid job.

It's not just for fun you know, I like engaging with like minded people and after propellerhead shut down their forum, Lunesis started ReasonTalk in January 2015.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Aug 2019

Also, we used to run with Google adsense, but after a while we got rid of it. We tried to find ways to make the site pay for itself at least, and use the profit to hand out competition prizes.

And now we're here and everything's good. I'm pretty sure most old timers here are well aware that our team is not on propellerheads payroll :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Data_Shrine

28 Aug 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Data_Shrine wrote:
27 Aug 2019
The lack of Reason, will soon be because of the lack of Rewire.
Being a rather die-hard ReWire user myself I tend to agree, to some extend anyway, but it doesn't have to come to this just yet....

Thing is: the rack plugin will also provide some serious potential I think. And you'll be able to use version 10 and 11 side by side. SO worst case scenario I can already see myself using Reason 10 for my standard ReWire setups whereas I'll use 11 purely for the rack plugin. That could give the newly born Reason Studios enough time to smooth things out and maybe add full midi support (midi out) to the plugin. Once they managed that I don't think there's much need left for ReWire anymore (assuming the rack plugin works as intended of course).

Pure speculation of course, but hey ;)
I will really wait to see any confirmation on any of this.. because I don't trust them not to do a half-baked Rack VST.
If you want to replace Rewire with this, we need :
Patterns (for drums & sequencers)
Regroove (or a link to the host Groove, and a link to the host for Groove & Shuffle to patterns)
Remote integration (I did program most of my RE/synths to my MIDI controller, and losing all that will be unacceptable).

And what will be the CPU usage ? If one instance of Rack VST is like running Reason, then we can expect our computers to struggle quickly.

Now I see that Rewire will be dropped in future versions of others DAW too. Well, bummer. Anyway I learned my lesson to put too much in one ecosystem.

ShelLuser

29 Aug 2019

I just discovered a lack but... I could imagine it has been mentioned before (I'll be honest: I did not read through all pages)...

Before I grabbed myself 2 rig collections I always limited myself to buying "props only" material. Now I have several devices from several vendors and as such... It would be nice if you could right click in the browser to get an overview of all the developers so that you can quickly jump to a section.

Sure, there is a search option but that's only useful if you know what you're looking for.
--- :reason:

Expl0rer

16 Sep 2019

Hello Devs, Users and all others.
I know this is not a fine english art to come first with Impovements. :D

Reason 10 is a damn good DAW, and 11 doing a big jump also.
I like the modular wired idea behind it, a very good experimental playground. But i stop and go using Reason because essential workflow stucks since years. I dont know why Propellerhead just hold on their style i will now describe. Its not all, its just what i found out, after trying it again...after some years. I am a mainly FL and now more a Bitwig User.

What i will now write is also a intuitive comment by using Reason 10 intuitive. Has nothing to do with no knowledge. We can learn anything. Why i need to say this is that musician with more DAW´s can intuitive work with other DAW´s, and let musician easy access other DAW´s, because similar workflows, that is good for everyone, so that musician has no fear learning a complete new or difficulte workflow. But jump into Reason feels like a high threshold to get into it, as other DAWS, except Renoise ^^,, because its a Tracker-DAW.

:::some points:::

1. - We have a Browser, that finds all, also Presets and Patches, but not well separate. Position-Change. Find a Instrument by hit the first letter in the dropdown menue in the Rack-View dosn´t work. Type "S" in the Browser and all with S in it shows. But okay there are Categories, anyways. My Point is: right click empty space in the Rack, you want fast the Instrument called "subtractor"? Just hit "S" or and switch through all instruments/ Effect starting with S by hit "S" until you found your Tool. Found it? Hit [Enter]. Done! Nope you need to click so much. --v

2. - Scrolling in the Dropdown Menue in the Rack View? Nope thats not available, you need to go at the top or
bottom of the menue to auto-scroll or click the mico-arrows. Why ever...let us scoll. Its very good to [Enter] a founded Tool when Mouse over.

3. - Reset/ Init buttons and Parameters only with [strg]+click, there is no menue entry on Buttons or Sliders. Why not double left/ or right-mouse-button to reset the Position like all?

4. - Inputs and Outputs on the Instruments and Effects on the Backsite are not visual marked, u always need to guess and try. Please do a coloured rectangle around in- or outputs. So we can see instant whats going on.

5. - Scrolling, zoom, and shoving in the sequencer is a big one, can be done with just the middle-MB, where ever you click. But you have only the bottom zoom-bar to navigate, every other DAW let navigate you also direct in the editor window and on the top time-bar, and without hold any key down. Please...[strg + MMB] or [alt+MMB] can work also but now...its a bummer

6. - The Editor where is just velocity visible, don´t let you access fast other Parameters for Note Editing like Velocity, Pitch, Volume, Timbre, Pan. Intuitive i hit right-MB but also with holding [strg] or [alt] or whatever down...nothing happens.
I read that there is no PAN possiblities on notes? Can that be true?

7. - Why is there no smooth scolling in the rack view or elsewhere? Also the small Navigator is not smooth. There is not option for it right?

8. - Tool Windows should be faster accessable or better placed. Glue it on the side -Option. Please not a loose flying-around Window. Because the very helpful Option to explode Notes to separate Note Lanes for Drums, is too far away. Okay, hit [F8] to open the Tools as second way is not very complicated. Just saying.
Second Option: implement Tools into the Sequencer, there is much empty Space and then logical placed.

8.a. - Name exploded Lanes automatic, especially at Drumlanes

9. - Tool Window, please let us scoll by Mouse over through the Parameters. Not more clicking or typing.

10.- Reverse, Mirroring a Clip or/and Notes can just be one Button in the Sequencer, that are, imho, essential editing options so far away.

Reason is not bad really i like some Things but as you read, that is holding me back to get more into it and make music with it.
Makes me Sad.

Cheers*
Last edited by Expl0rer on 21 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

gullum

17 Sep 2019

what Reason seam to lack, if post on Reasontalk are to go by, then I would say Reason lacks users who are happy

• Information