Increase CV Resolution Rate

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
ljekio

28 Aug 2019

It seems that such proposals have already been repeatedly, but I am ready to recall this again. Once upon a time, everything rested on the capabilities of weak computers, and the developers had no other choice but to reduce the CV sampling rate to reasonably low values.
But now, after 20 years, it's time to do something about it.

1 (easy) way: to have an option in the settings for choosing the frequency of the CV - a) legacy (1/64 of the audio), b) 1/32, c) 1/16, e) 1/8, e) 1/4, f) 1/2, d) audio. Or simply number it in hertz.

2 (revolutionary) way: in addition to choosing the frequency of the control signal, make audio and CV cable natively compatible. For example, if I pull the audio wire to the CV socket, there will appear something like an adapter automatically (which will work with the frequency specified in the settings).

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2019

These are great ideas! Why not have the option? Some seriously mad scientist stuff would be possible with everything modulated at audio rate. Too much CPU hit, drop it back down to default.

selig
RE Developer

29 Aug 2019

You can already do this if the device supports it. Look at Pulveriser as one example - you simply provide the CV signal at audio jacks in addition to the CV jacks!
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

29 Aug 2019

ljekio wrote:
29 Aug 2019
Yes, but cv inputs not allowed it.
Which is why I and other devs provide audio jacks for CV signals. It's so easy, I'm not sure why more don't already do this…

And the reason I say this is that historically speaking, Reason doesn't add a feature when there's a decent option already available. So I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Reason to add a more global "CV Rate" adjustment, for the reasons previously mentioned and because it's not a common request that would warrant resources devoted to it - they tend to be "stingy" with their dev resources, if you haven't already noticed… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information