IPS Monitor (Problem, or "natural"?)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
RobC

29 Aug 2019

When it comes to darker colors, especially if it's mostly 1 flat color on the whole screen, I notice some likely refresh rate vibration, waves. Now, the monitor has automatic synchronization, phase correction whatsoever, and when I checked some suggested special images, it all looked just the way it was supposed, so that can't be the problem. The issue however does look like what you get when you start offsetting things.

I wonder if this could be an IPS thing, or if this monitor is faulty?

diminished
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2019

That's not an IPS thing, quite the opposite. Try manual settings, like 60Hz at the natural resolution of the screen and disable stuff like "overdrive" or whatever it's called (the thing that reduces reaction time)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

RobC

29 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
29 Aug 2019
That's not an IPS thing, quite the opposite. Try manual settings, like 60Hz at the natural resolution of the screen and disable stuff like "overdrive" or whatever it's called (the thing that reduces reaction time)
I never use those extra features, it's all on its ideal settings, so it might be the lame VGA cable (haha, yeah I know, why is that still a thing?) it came with. At least I hope next time I grab a good HDMI cable, it will do the trick.

However, in the past, LCD LED monitors didn't do this either, which were VGA, and DVI only. Hence I worry, that it might not necessarily the VGA doing it - unless it's just not optimized for that anymore. (I really don't want to do the hassle with guarantee/warranty.)

diminished
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2019

The VGA signal itself is analog. If it's near your studio monitors you'll probably pick up magnetic interferences.
Anyways, get rid of that ASAP! If you can avoid it.
Use DVI-D or Display Port. HDMI will do, but not once in my lifetime I had a cable that over time didn't slip out of the port or slided in properly in the first place.

Edit: to answer your question, VGA is most likely the issue here!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

RobC

29 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
29 Aug 2019
The VGA signal itself is analog. If it's near your studio monitors you'll probably pick up magnetic interferences.
Anyways, get rid of that ASAP! If you can avoid it.
Use DVI-D or Display Port. HDMI will do, but not once in my lifetime I had a cable that over time didn't slip out of the port or slided in properly in the first place.

Edit: to answer your question, VGA is most likely the issue here!
Hmm, yes it could be a magnetic issue, as well as WIFI signal, too maybe. Thanks! For now I will have to go with HDMI. I really hate how the VGA looks.

• Information