Producers HATE ME for Revealing these 10 Secrets

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Last Alternative

27 Aug 2019

Reminds me of that Australian guy who wrote a mixing book. I bought it. Was awesome he communicates with his readers who buy his book but he was playing endless reindeer games to coach you into telling him what makes a hit song and if you get it right he’ll say “yes, that’s it” but can’t outright tell you because the Illuminati music department will kill him or something. I gave up after we talked a few times. Always someone running a gimmick.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

reggie1979

27 Aug 2019

Producers hate me for point out that their beatz are copy and paste from the last 50 beatz that 20,000 other produca's make. :D

Loque

27 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Producers hate me for point out that their beatz are copy and paste from the last 50 beatz that 20,000 other produca's make. :D
They just use the same loopz.
Reason12, Win10

reasonsuser88

27 Aug 2019

mashers wrote:
26 Aug 2019
All sounds like a corporate horror show to me
reggie1979 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
27 Aug 2019
They just use the same loopz.
You made me do it. :clap:

20 Best (Unique) Minimal Rap Songs

The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

reggie1979

27 Aug 2019

I quit drinkin' again so I'm not watching that tonight :lol:

reasonsuser88

27 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
I quit drinkin' again so I'm not watching that tonight :lol:
Well good luck man. :thumbs_up:

To be fair, the producer Pharrell is one of the best in the game, and it probably isn't fair for me to post a list of songs produced by some of the best in the game. :twisted: It is a good reference though at how effective minimalism was for these songs if anybody is really concerned.

There is indeed a lot of monotonous crap out there now more than ever but there are gems buried under the generalizations.

reggie1979

27 Aug 2019

I understand. But the viddy posted showed guys that at least LOOK the same (I mean, BB jerseys, wow, you are REALLY hip :lol: ) so I'm taking the high road.

mashers

28 Aug 2019

I made it through 57 seconds and couldn't take any more. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't all so self-aggrandising. But these "artists" just sound like shallow egomaniacs. The whole genre is completely pathetic and devoid of any artistic qualities. Art is supposed to be an expression of something meaningful, or to elicit an emotional response in the viewer/listener. What is this "music" expressing other than smug, arrogant pride? What is it supposed to make the listener feel, other than either complicity in that attitude, or submissiveness to somebody parading their guns, money and women around like gangsters? It amazes me that this hip-hop fad has lasted as long as it has. It is just a parade of crass consumerism and I can't wait for it to die a death and for these people to become irrelevant to make space for people who actually have something of value to communicate through their music.

Loque

28 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
You made me do it. :clap:

20 Best (Unique) Minimal Rap Songs

Is the video from the 80s? Oh no, wait, they also throw money - it must be from 2000. And its obviously winter, since they were all big high school football jackets. Are they fans of football or basketball - i am not sure... I guess it is a retro-rap-hiphop-video, and all praise themselves what great "G"s they are. Yo!
Reason12, Win10

reasonsuser88

28 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
I understand. But the viddy posted showed guys that at least LOOK the same (I mean, BB jerseys, wow, you are REALLY hip :lol: ) so I'm taking the high road.
mashers wrote:
28 Aug 2019
I made it through 57 seconds and couldn't take any more. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't all so self-aggrandising. But these "artists" just sound like shallow egomaniacs. The whole genre is completely pathetic and devoid of any artistic qualities. Art is supposed to be an expression of something meaningful, or to elicit an emotional response in the viewer/listener. What is this "music" expressing other than smug, arrogant pride? What is it supposed to make the listener feel, other than either complicity in that attitude, or submissiveness to somebody parading their guns, money and women around like gangsters? It amazes me that this hip-hop fad has lasted as long as it has. It is just a parade of crass consumerism and I can't wait for it to die a death and for these people to become irrelevant to make space for people who actually have something of value to communicate through their music.
Loque wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Is the video from the 80s? Oh no, wait, they also throw money - it must be from 2000. And its obviously winter, since they were all big high school football jackets. Are they fans of football or basketball - i am not sure... I guess it is a retro-rap-hiphop-video, and all praise themselves what great "G"s they are. Yo!
I thought this thread was about making beats and producing? :think: My point was that Grindin' is one of the most iconic instrumentals of all time while being unique with minimal production. That beat makes me feel something when it comes on like a rush to the head.

Here's something deep, soulful and meaningful that was released this year. Don't be fooled by the title. :lol: I think some people would put this in the minimal production category and there is a strong emphasis on the vocal musicality. I don't think this is monotonous at all.

Kalm

28 Aug 2019

I randomly saw and watched this too. Half is bs half is not. Producers not knowing technics of their craft, following a formula, templates, that stuff is probably correct.

Everything else ain't a secret. It's what he found out that everyone else practically understood. . .

I HATE CLICK BAIT TITLES. . . That's why I can't stand watching peoples videos anymore. .
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

bxbrkrz

28 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
mashers wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
28 Aug 2019
I thought this thread was about making beats and producing? :think: My point was that Grindin' is one of the most iconic instrumentals of all time while being unique with minimal production. That beat makes me feel something when it comes on like a rush to the head.

Here's something deep, soulful and meaningful that was released this year. Don't be fooled by the title. :lol: I think some people would put this in the minimal production category and there is a strong emphasis on the vocal musicality. I don't think this is monotonous at all.

What a positive message. Thanks for sharing.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

reggie1979

28 Aug 2019

Kalm wrote:
28 Aug 2019
I randomly saw and watched this too. Half is bs half is not. Producers not knowing technics of their craft, following a formula, templates, that stuff is probably correct.

Everything else ain't a secret. It's what he found out that everyone else practically understood. . .

I HATE CLICK BAIT TITLES. . . That's why I can't stand watching peoples videos anymore. .
Yeah, these guys are basically hosers. Take off, eh? :lol:

As far as the comments about this being about beats, no, it isn't. It's about a dude making a hyperbole type statement and what follows is pretty lame. (I think is was reasonuser88 that said that)

reasonsuser88

28 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
As far as the comments about this being about beats, no, it isn't. It's about a dude making a hyperbole type statement and what follows is pretty lame. (I think is was reasonuser88 that said that)
Producers hate me for exposing the secret of minimalism! :lol: Follow me on Instatwitterbook and buy my sample pack of farts. Oh dear I think I need a break from The Kitchen.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

Kalm wrote:
28 Aug 2019

He is basically referring to "beat makers", not producers in the actual sense. Everyone wants to be a "producer" nowadays - creates confusion. Take "real" producers of RnB/HipHop, Teddy Riley, Scott Storch, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Babyface, and the list goes on. They can play, but many of these big productions are made in collaborative settings and you typically bring folks with different skills for a good balance. Of course there's a lot of more sample based/oriented real producers (make a list, start with Dr Dre) out there, but they surely know their MPC or Maschine to excel on it, and putting samples together is quite an art just as it is to put your fingers down to form a chord.
Formula - yes produces have been making radio format songs for decades as an example.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

reasonsuser88

28 Aug 2019

Boombastix wrote:
28 Aug 2019
He is basically referring to "beat makers", not producers in the actual sense.
Yeah they seem to be interchangeable with a lot of folks just like how people call their bedroom with a controller and monitors a studio. When I think of music production, I think of a situation like Brian Eno working with U2 which I realized very early in my musical endeavors after talking to an older dude. I don't like the term producer or beatmaker though. Beatmaker is undershooting what I do and producer is overshooting. Would we call an electronic music artist a beatmaker or a producer? I've been calling myself an escape artist lately and before that it was sonic junkie. Labels are silly anyways.

reggie1979

28 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Producers hate me for exposing the secret of minimalism! :lol: Follow me on Instatwitterbook and buy my sample pack of farts. Oh dear I think I need a break from The Kitchen.
Now you are catching on!!!!!!!!!!!!

reggie1979

28 Aug 2019

Boombastix wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Kalm wrote:
28 Aug 2019

He is basically referring to "beat makers", not producers in the actual sense. Everyone wants to be a "producer" nowadays - creates confusion. Take "real" producers of RnB/HipHop, Teddy Riley, Scott Storch, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Babyface, and the list goes on. They can play, but many of these big productions are made in collaborative settings and you typically bring folks with different skills for a good balance. Of course there's a lot of more sample based/oriented real producers (make a list, start with Dr Dre) out there, but they surely know their MPC or Maschine to excel on it, and putting samples together is quite an art just as it is to put your fingers down to form a chord.
Formula - yes produces have been making radio format songs for decades as an example.
Everyone on youtube IS a produca these days! They think they have unlocked the special key, but in fact, if you just make your "beatz" like everyone else, you are a produca...............

I know I'm cynical. But I have a degree from MIT, I think I know what is and isn't the same.

Don't get me wrong, if you are into that kinda thing, it's tough to make 808 stuff sound different, but please don't insult me with platitudes that something is unique or different. It's just simply not true.

Listen and produce what you want, I'm not telling you not to, I'm just saying don't insult my intelligence by saying so much of it is so original.

reasonsuser88

28 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Boombastix wrote:
28 Aug 2019

Everyone on youtube IS a produca these days! They think they have unlocked the special key, but in fact, if you just make your "beatz" like everyone else, you are a produca...............

I know I'm cynical. But I have a degree from MIT, I think I know what is and isn't the same.

Don't get me wrong, if you are into that kinda thing, it's tough to make 808 stuff sound different, but please don't insult me with platitudes that something is unique or different. It's just simply not true.

Listen and produce what you want, I'm not telling you not to, I'm just saying don't insult my intelligence by saying so much of it is so original.
I have this video cue'd up for Reggie but I have a question for Boombastix. Who the hell is the producer here? Dr. Dre or Scott Storch? :lol:

We're gonna have to turn this into the Official Reasontalk Hip Hop Thread! :twisted:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
but I have a question for Boombastix. Who the hell is the producer here? Dr. Dre or Scott Storch? :lol:
We're gonna have to turn this into the Official Reasontalk Hip Hop Thread! :twisted:
Ha ha, whoever got his name printed as producer on the back cover :lol: (it can be like in the academic world, where a research professor get's his name on 20-40 published papers in a year, what did he do, read the abstract!?). Back in the album days we used to see much more of "Executive Producer", basically they guy in the corner office who got 20 tracks and picked 12 for the album, and they same guy who paid your invoices for studio time! But that's another story...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

reggie1979

28 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
28 Aug 2019

I have this video cue'd up for Reggie but I have a question for Boombastix. Who the hell is the producer here? Dr. Dre or Scott Storch? :lol:

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next?

reasonsuser88

28 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
28 Aug 2019

reggie1979

29 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Not awful, but still boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT!

reggie1979

29 Aug 2019

Yes, I am a TOUGH COOKIE. ........... Next!

reasonsuser88

29 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
29 Aug 2019
Yes, I am a TOUGH COOKIE. ........... Next!
And a tough cookie you shall be. Good thing you have your own thread now. ;)

Music appreciation is a complicated subject in itself and I'm certainly not out to convince people of anything. I like referencing things for my own enjoyment and I spent some time going through some old favorites. :)

• Information