Avenger VST 1.5

Discuss VST stuff here!
dezma

09 Apr 2019

Has been announced..

Yet another type of synthesis for an already very capable synth :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Loque

09 Apr 2019

This thing still requires a physical iLok? Not that i really would buy it for that price, but curious to know...
Reason12, Win10

SoulState

09 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
09 Apr 2019
This thing still requires a physical iLok? Not that i really would buy it for that price, but curious to know...
No iLok required. It's more a Production Suite than just a synth, like the name suggests. I thought the price was hefty until I bought it (in a sale). Once you test it you'll see where the money's gone. :geek:
:reason:

Soeno

26 Apr 2019

just bought it with -20% EASTER sale

SoulState

26 Apr 2019

Soeno wrote:
26 Apr 2019
just bought it with -20% EASTER sale
:thumbs_up:
You'll be busy this week end eh...It's an amazing piece of gear! :ugeek:
:reason:

Loque

21 Jul 2019

Soeno wrote:
21 Jul 2019
50% atm
10th Anniversary
https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins ... %20Avenger
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

$110 at 50% seems fair, if you need another synth. It's mindblowingly complex, almost like the Reason Rack baked into Maschine/MPS :shock:
PiB sell it too if you want to collect your points.
Do we need 4x 8-core CPUs to run this? :P
I might demo, but think I'll pass - have a dozen good synths already.

The synth engine(s) is covered in this super well done vid - VERY impressive!

I believe the 1.5 playback module is like 3x Dr Octorex with loop switching based on played chord. So they recorded 12 major and 12 minor guitar loops with the same pattern, and then you switch between them. Yeah, that is 24 loops for each set up - don't expect to make your own. Also using Zplane time stretch if you change tempo.
Not groundbreaking in any way. Each new loop pack will be $70, or? Yikes...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

BananaSkins

22 Jul 2019

1.5 not released yet; according to YouTube replies on this video:

current version is 1.4.10

1.5 will be released later this year, sorry no precise date set yet ... :puf_unhappy:

faun2500

23 Jul 2019

Later this year? Hopefully not "massive x" later though. :D
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

VariableX

26 Jul 2019

omg omg
demo'd this and a few others a while back, this was a stand out imo.
was disappointed it wasn't on a pay monthly scheme as it was too expensive for me. 50%off is maybe affordable.
got enough synths, don't like vst,
must resist
sounds so good
must resist
my stuff will sound so good with it it sounds so good
must resist....

Loque

26 Jul 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
26 Jul 2019
omg omg
was disappointed it wasn't on a pay monthly scheme as it was too expensive for me. 50%off is maybe affordable.
must resist
sounds so good
must resist
must resist....
You will probably fail to resist. GAS already has you...
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

26 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Jul 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
26 Jul 2019
omg omg
must resist
sounds so good
must resist
must resist....
Still resisting, but you are probably right. Do you own it?

groggy1

26 Jul 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
26 Jul 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Jul 2019

The problem with GAS is that you can be strong for two weeks straight, but weak for just 5 minutes. And that’s when the GAS gets you.

Loque

26 Jul 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
26 Jul 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Jul 2019

Yes, i just bought it. Sounds great and clean. Did not even touched everything. I hope i will have time today.

It's a good deal if you do not have many synths. I wouldn't pay the original price, 100 is the maximum.
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

27 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Jul 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
26 Jul 2019

Yes, i just bought it. Sounds great and clean. Did not even touched everything. I hope i will have time today.

It's a good deal if you do not have many synths. I wouldn't pay the original price, 100 is the maximum.
congrats!
i did just check in to say im still resisting, this news somehow makes it even harder to resist

VariableX

27 Jul 2019

groggy1 wrote:
26 Jul 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
26 Jul 2019

The problem with GAS is that you can be strong for two weeks straight, but weak for just 5 minutes. And that’s when the GAS gets you.
very true.
i just need to resist until the offer is over, then i'll really regret not getting it :roll:

Loque

27 Jul 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
27 Jul 2019
groggy1 wrote:
26 Jul 2019

very true.
i just need to resist until the offer is over, then i'll really regret not getting it :roll:
I was weak 🙄😜
Reason12, Win10

Loque

28 Jul 2019

Hui....pretty mighty synth...Can do incredbile amount of things and you can combine everything with the everything. Others had created 3-6 synths out of it. Lot of sound sources and modulation possiblities and the modulations can be quite easily assigned and edited.

Just some functions are quite good hidden in some of the many panels - and this is the biggest drawback of the synth: The many panels. Can take a while to understand and remember where you can find everything. Defenetly not a synth for the beginner. Working quick in this synth takes a bit of training.

Great synth with good sound and possibilites. The only drawback is to make a quick patch can be a bit time consuming. But at least the workflow is more logic and easier than compared to very mighty synths like Fathom. The CPU usage is pretty good imo, i had expected it to be worse.

Clearly a recommendation for sound designers with enough time, but also for patch browsers. Not really a recommendation for beginners... Do you need it if you already have everything? PRobably not, but it can open up new possibilites and onboard filters and fx are really good.
Reason12, Win10

Spryx

29 Jul 2019

I have it, use it...sometimes. The problem is the interface... it is the most cluttered synth ever.
It sounds great, but I find myself using Hive 2 and Spire a lot more.
latest:

scratchnsnifff

03 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
09 Apr 2019
I just downloaded it with no physical dongle or anything of that sorts
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

thedjjudah

15 Aug 2019

I've got the demo. Avenger has a really clean sound that most modern songs have nowadays, and it can do a lot. It's powerful, and I really like the sounds that can come out of it. However, it sounds almost TOO clean (I actually like Reason's synths more. They sound, to me, a bit dirtier). The few problems for me include the overly cluttered interface ( as Spryx said), the tiny and confusing mod matrix, and that it seems Avenger is trying to do too much. I'm used to doing drums, mixing, and arpeggios OUTSIDE of a synth. Can't say anything about Step Sequencing, because, well... Thor.

It's just a lot to take in. Very powerful, but a little off-putting. I've only had it for about 5-6 days, so I'll give it some more time before I make my decision. It took me a while to get used to Europa and Grain.

submonsterz

16 Aug 2019

thedjjudah wrote:
15 Aug 2019
I've got the demo. Avenger has a really clean sound that most modern songs have nowadays, and it can do a lot. It's powerful, and I really like the sounds that can come out of it. However, it sounds almost TOO clean (I actually like Reason's synths more. They sound, to me, a bit dirtier). The few problems for me include the overly cluttered interface ( as Spryx said), the tiny and confusing mod matrix, and that it seems Avenger is trying to do too much. I'm used to doing drums, mixing, and arpeggios OUTSIDE of a synth. Can't say anything about Step Sequencing, because, well... Thor.

It's just a lot to take in. Very powerful, but a little off-putting. I've only had it for about 5-6 days, so I'll give it some more time before I make my decision. It took me a while to get used to Europa and Grain.
I love the interface i think its the easiest one ive used so far everything is easy to find and work with .... and i think people are not seeing its basically a simple workstation not just a synth and its also compared to other synths etc out by far worth its full price in comparison to some of the other top shelf competitors . I learnt how to use and navigate it on day one and ive had it a long while. I think people here on this board that were stuck into thier reason fishbowl are now seeing what people like me and others that got and get accused of being trolls were actually trying to put into perspective with our comments and stuff towards the reason eco system pricing and plugs that just scratch the surface of whats been available in vst for all so long and for a price that cant be beaten in the said reason eco system up till now .

musicman691

28 Aug 2019

Be aware that starting with Avenger 1.5 they're changing their authorization system because Avenger and expansion packs got hacked. Manuel says they're going with Codemeter; no exact word if they're going to allows the s/w version or need the dongle. Would have liked to have seen either iLok or Steinberg/Vienna key instead. I hate Codemeter.
Jack
MacPro mid-2012 3.46 GHz hexcore Westmere 48 gig ram
OSX 10.13.6
PT2021.6, Reason 8.3
QAPLA!

Breach The Sky

29 Aug 2019

Imo, it's a bit of an a-hole move to impose mandatory authorization for future upgrades, when you bought the product knowing that it -didn't- have such systems. Now, I don't hate authorization apps by principle, but there certainly are those that do. Sucks for them.. :|

• Information