What is the lack of REASON?

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mcatalao
Posts: 1063
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 20 Aug 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
19 Aug 2019
(...)
The first sets of cv cables you run at the start of sound design sessions are always fast to run and easy to keep neat but after 30 minutes you could be looking at a pixelated mess spending more time on deciphering where the cable belongs than making the actual connection.
K?

reggie1979
Posts: 1079
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 20 Aug 2019

Something I just thought of.

Wouldn't it be cool to have an "automation" option when viewing in the arranger? One would be "tracks" and the other "automation lanes" to make it easier to find them? Or alternatively, have all the automation tracks in the arranger always be at the bottom so you don't have a bunch of automation lanes cluttering everything up?

I think a show/hide is the best option of those two.

zoidkirb
Posts: 185
Joined: 18 Nov 2018

Post 20 Aug 2019

mcatalao wrote:
20 Aug 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
19 Aug 2019
(...)
K?
Yes it obviously helps, and I always run it by default.

Yonatan
Posts: 822
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 21 Aug 2019

Some days I want so many things to be added to Reason, and some other times I find myself thinking "Just please let. me pick a default color on my own in preferences, so I did not have to change that orange color all the time".
I kind of have a dark memory that was possible im Reason a few versions ago? Strange that I could swear I seen it somewhere or it must been a dream.
Reason for all Seasons

reggie1979
Posts: 1079
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 21 Aug 2019

Yeah, I have a be-all template that starts up and it's void of the orange :lol:

reggie1979
Posts: 1079
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 21 Aug 2019

Man, just setting up another template and it's like hell trying to change all the colors. Is there a key command I'm missing to change them?

User avatar
ShelLuser
Posts: 207
Joined: 25 Aug 2019

Post 25 Aug 2019

exxx wrote:
19 Feb 2019
What parts of REASON are lacking?

I would like to hear from people who use REASON with other DAWs.
My setup consists of Ableton Live (powered with 'Max for Live') and Reason combined, I pretty much never use one without the other (I have Reason usually rewired into Live). I've been doing this ever since Reason 4 (when I bought it it came with a license for 5 which I skipped. Eventually I upgraded to 6 and last week I took the jump to 10).

But I don't necessarily consider the differences as a lack of features but rather a different way of doing things. Back in the day Reason couldn't record audio but that has never bothered me one bit, also because of my 'dual setup' sure, but mostly because I never had any aspirations to do that with Reason.

I actually consider it a good thing that there are things which Reason can and cannot do in comparison to other DAWs (such as Live) because this keeps Reason special. It has its own unique set of features (Reason rack FTW) which is why I keep using it. I suppose I can come up with an example: nesting grouped tracks within other groups, this is a feature which Live introduced in version 10. But it's not something I'd be missing out on because the workflow in Reason is (usually) completely different than that in Live; different workflows so therefor also different needs for specific different features.

This is also why I love working with both Live and Reason so much. Because you approach problems in a different way in Live you often also come up with different solutions. It wouldn't be the first time when I tried to solve a sound issue in Live, only to fail at that time, but when I figured up Reason I did manage to overcome the issues. And vice versa too of course.
--- :reason:
Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

diekehle
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jan 2018

Post 27 Aug 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
19 Aug 2019
diekehle wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Funny to come back and have a look on that. Maybe what i tried to say didn't came out. What i say and now i am using a Macbook Pro i9, 32 GB Ram and the Interface is laggy and therefore the workflow is horrorable. It is not the concept of racks and skeuomorphism was pisses me the most. It is the usage of old technology to draw the interface. Just look on that nearly 300 mb folder which contains bitmaps assets to create the Interface and needs to push around by the grahic card or that i have to run Reason in low res mode on mac. This all is old, crappy, fragile old code. Don't tell me otherwise i see enough of it on my clients.

Had put in much efforts in Reason and was hopeful since they run VST finally. I only come back making music because of it. But i always run into solutions for other DAWs when i search for Solutions on Reason. This should be embarrassing for PH.

Bye, Bye Reason. I may find my solution in Logic or Ableton in my next Project. Since they had the right direction in technologie and CX.
Because you came out with a bit of an inflammatory statement (skeomorphism is dead) and people didn't get past that. Afterwards you mentioned really useful insights into what a true 'hd update' could and should look/behave like. HD update is easily one of the top requests on every Reason forum I've seen. I'm hoping it's not just a simple resolution update but rather they expand the idea of the rack while considering things like better performance/fps, cable management, shortcuts and more customization.
The first sets of cv cables you run at the start of sound design sessions are always fast to run and easy to keep neat but after 30 minutes you could be looking at a pixelated mess spending more time on deciphering where the cable belongs than making the actual connection.
Ok maybe there was some rant on skeuomorphism, but as app designer i am kinda allergic to it, and this kind of design was really fast dated on apps while metro design by windows was published and flat was coming. So i am kinda brained on that topic from my workng expertise.

Anyway it is still funny to see how some members still aren’t getting the point i am talking about. I get more the impression that this board is full of ph employees who are pushing their product and aren‘t allowing any critique on their behalf. And if something comes around it will be framed away.. If you check whois, the domain reasontalk.com is presented by: domainsbyproxy.com. There is no imprint who is running this site, correct me if i am wrong. But i am not the only one with this idea: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87339397a4

So who is running this site?

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 27 Aug 2019

diekehle wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Ok maybe there was some rant on skeuomorphism, but as app designer i am kinda allergic to it, and this kind of design was really fast dated on apps while metro design by windows was published and flat was coming. So i am kinda brained on that topic from my workng expertise.

Anyway it is still funny to see how some members still aren’t getting the point i am talking about. I get more the impression that this board is full of ph employees who are pushing their product and aren‘t allowing any critique on their behalf. And if something comes around it will be framed away.. If you check whois, the domain reasontalk.com is presented by: domainsbyproxy.com. There is no imprint who is running this site, correct me if i am wrong. But i am not the only one with this idea: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87339397a4

So who is running this site?
Right now we're running under the ReasonTalk Studios brand, but since Propellerhead are abandoning their name and changing to something similar to ours, we're looking into a brand inquiry. Propellerhead ReasonTalk has a ring to it.

</joking>

The reason why you're seeing DomainsByProxy as the registar is because I own the site. It's a private site, completely out of my own pocket, moderated by yours truly and an awesome team of volunteers. I'm not interested in necessarily spilling my address beans, DomainsByProxy is what you see to ensure some sort of privacy at least.

The post you're linking to is almost 4 years old.

Who are you again? 19 posts you say?

Welcome to ReasonTalk!

Edit: As an app designer, you seem very new to this whole World Wide Web thing and how it works, by the way.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

diekehle
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jan 2018

Post 27 Aug 2019

Hey, thx for clarification. Cool to see how you handle your community and my request and assumptions by counting my postcount. I am also a person who is totally into fake internet points than actual opinions. You are a clever guy by judging people at their numbers, it is totally normal on the www. Thats a nice way to tackle a life, by counting. Wow, ne er thought about that. Now you can delete me, Boss.

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 27 Aug 2019

diekehle wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Hey, thx for clarification. Cool to see how you handle your community and my request and assumptions by counting my postcount. I am also a person who is totally into fake internet points than actual opinions. You are a clever guy by judging people at their numbers, it is totally normal on the www. Thats a nice way to tackle a life, by counting. Wow, ne er thought about that. Now you can delete me, Boss.
Witty as that may be, diekehle the comedian, please understand that it gets quite tiresome with the shilling accusations when you spend so much time and money doing something out of pure interest.

It's kind of hard to lose the propellerhead affiliation when you're running a forum solely for people who use their products. It's kind of by-default and people on the internet who starts pointing fingers and whine like spoiled millenials as soon someone disagrees with them doesn't really deserve the most thought-through answers.

Simply because, in all honesty, we can't be bothered.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

User avatar
boingy
Posts: 791
Joined: 01 Feb 2019

Post 27 Aug 2019

Kenni wrote:
27 Aug 2019

Simply because, in all honesty, we can't be bothered.
+1

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 772
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 27 Aug 2019

Bbbbbut but but what if (s)he is offend by your post, Kenni?!



;)
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

User avatar
Data_Shrine
Posts: 483
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 27 Aug 2019

The lack of Reason, will soon be because of the lack of Rewire.

diekehle
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jan 2018

Post 28 Aug 2019

Kenni wrote:
27 Aug 2019
diekehle wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Hey, thx for clarification. Cool to see how you handle your community and my request and assumptions by counting my postcount. I am also a person who is totally into fake internet points than actual opinions. You are a clever guy by judging people at their numbers, it is totally normal on the www. Thats a nice way to tackle a life, by counting. Wow, ne er thought about that. Now you can delete me, Boss.
Witty as that may be, diekehle the comedian, please understand that it gets quite tiresome with the shilling accusations when you spend so much time and money doing something out of pure interest.

It's kind of hard to lose the propellerhead affiliation when you're running a forum solely for people who use their products. It's kind of by-default and people on the internet who starts pointing fingers and whine like spoiled millenials as soon someone disagrees with them doesn't really deserve the most thought-through answers.

Simply because, in all honesty, we can't be bothered.

Where was i crying? I was not the one who condemned other users from above due to their contributions. What is this community in which an admin judges user by the number of their posts, how old are you actually? An admin attributing no knowledge to the WWW to others, we will come to this point later. There are some people who say how important Twitter followers and likes are for the ego. Are you one of those?

Since i come and gave my opinion regarding the catastrophic and outdated GUI and what happens? Totally fruitful discussion, right? Nope just bashing. Besides the one or two who were actually had the similar opinions. And the factual clues are dismissed as if the topic were being taken in a different direction. Incidentally, in marketing speech it is called: framing. Why companies have not come to run secret forums to get more conversion has not opened up to me, very funny. But they doing it already on SoMe. This stupid companys, right.

I still remember the old Reason Forum, what a waste of time btw, why does not Reason have a forum anymore? Hmmm, maybe because they do not like criticism and all the handling which comes with CX? Anyone can look out there for the reasons themselves. And how is this forum? Ah yes, any criticism is „welcome“.

Other question how do you actually finance this page? Now is not that it would be a cheap venture and you pay for it privately, right? The site causes costs, but see no advertising. Donate? Should this be advised forward to the tax office? So you certainly need a legal hedge on this page, i guess. What would the authorities in Denmark say about that? And what is Bibblio? Looks interesting. How many API calls do you have per month?

By the way, for the fact that you want to do anonymous page here I needed two clicks to find out who you are, where you live, and so on. How old are you 26? In any case, look that way in the wedding photos. Should rehearse privacy in the "WORLD WIDE WEB" again. So I do not know why you run a board were i don’t know who the domain owner is? But then it is possible with a few clicks to find out who you are? Hmm maybe the domain doesn’t belong to you? So your argument doesn’t work for me, here.

Ask me again who really runs this site? Or to specify that in which interest this site is operated. Also, make me wonder why your other websites are not running by domainsbyproxy? WWW not quite on it?

diekehle aka the comedian.


ps: „He who never withdraws his opinion loves himself more than the truth.“ - Joseph Joubert

User avatar
ShelLuser
Posts: 207
Joined: 25 Aug 2019

Post 28 Aug 2019

Data_Shrine wrote:
27 Aug 2019
The lack of Reason, will soon be because of the lack of Rewire.
Being a rather die-hard ReWire user myself I tend to agree, to some extend anyway, but it doesn't have to come to this just yet....

Thing is: the rack plugin will also provide some serious potential I think. And you'll be able to use version 10 and 11 side by side. SO worst case scenario I can already see myself using Reason 10 for my standard ReWire setups whereas I'll use 11 purely for the rack plugin. That could give the newly born Reason Studios enough time to smooth things out and maybe add full midi support (midi out) to the plugin. Once they managed that I don't think there's much need left for ReWire anymore (assuming the rack plugin works as intended of course).

Pure speculation of course, but hey ;)
--- :reason:
Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 28 Aug 2019

diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Bla bla bla
Alright troll, look:

I joined this thread when you, like many others do as a reaction to people not agreeing with them, started insinuating that we were shills, linking to a 4 year old thread on KVR about some other users thinking the same. When it comes to you, as a user, in this thread, I don't care about what other points you were making here or what the discussion was about. I used you as an example to shut down any and all rumors that we are paid by Propellerhead. Your continued display of lack of intellect, tact, and etiquette is enough to judge you as a contributing user here way beyond the number of posts you have will.

How grand of you that you can use Google and find my wedding pictures on Facebook, haha. :) You deserve some sort of medal! Especially considering the fact that, both as a musician and a Reason user, I'm a quite public person and my full name is all over the net. Such a power user you are!

Being the top-down administrated site this is, I'm going to issue you a warning, just because I can. I've had it with the notion that we're shills and paid for by Propellerhead.

Please read the forum rules and guidelines.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

diekehle
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jan 2018

Post 28 Aug 2019

Kenni wrote:
28 Aug 2019
diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Bla bla bla
Alright troll, look:

I joined this thread when you, like many others do as a reaction to people not agreeing with them, started insinuating that we were shills, linking to a 4 year old thread on KVR about some other users thinking the same. When it comes to you, as a user, in this thread, I don't care about what other points you were making here or what the discussion was about. I used you as an example to shut down any and all rumors that we are paid by Propellerhead. Your continued display of lack of intellect, tact, and etiquette is enough to judge you as a contributing user here way beyond the number of posts you have will.

How grand of you that you can use Google and find my wedding pictures on Facebook, haha. :) You deserve some sort of medal! Especially considering the fact that, both as a musician and a Reason user, I'm a quite public person and my full name is all over the net. Such a power user you are!

Being the top-down administrated site this is, I'm going to issue you a warning, just because I can. I've had it with the notion that we're shills and paid for by Propellerhead.

Please read the forum rules and guidelines.


Regarding the „bla bla bla“ it just show how childish you are. Please pin point to that where i saying PH is paying, i just asked who. Still no answer. And stop framing or derailing, i am not the troll here i just ask questions and you still avoiding answers. Besides hat you were the first blaming me without intellect, without tact and etiquette.

So why hiding your name on the registration of this domain, because you are famous and a public figure? I know it is hard to explain something easy like: run a board in anonymous mode while having several links on that directing to private social profiles where your whole life is in plain sight. Wow. Everybody here should see this because it is just a stupid argumentation and might proof i am right. So how about a screenshot from dbp where it is stated that you hold the domain as admin-c? That might proof i am wrong and if so, sorry.

Several questions are still unanswered, like how do you make money, how many donations do you got from users? Why are you using bibblio? Who pays for this site. Who owns the domain? I know how important it is to hold a domain. So?

Lets see what happens i guess he will ban me, if he does he still didn’t answered my questions, ask why?

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 28 Aug 2019

diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019
More dumb drivel
I already answered all of the above. I own ReasonTalk.com, I own the servers it runs on, Bibblio is a related-content system for our news page for WordPress, I don't personally use DomainsByProxy, GoDaddy, which is the domain registrant for reasontalk.com, does. I'm "hiding" my name on the domain registration because it's the default setting.

I don't earn money here, donations from users has been $15 the past 4 months, the site's about $85 a month to operate with all the bells and whistles. I pay for this site, and I have been since july 2015.

Of course, none of that is any of your god damn business, but there you have your answers. Again. I don't need to proof that you're wrong. I know you are.

Also, second warning.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 1449
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2019

wow, he trolled your personal info with Google and Facebook, and you’ve just *warned* him? you have the patience of a saint, Kenni!

and thank you for all your work keeping this site afloat for everyone. it’s appreciated!

diekehle
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jan 2018

Post 28 Aug 2019

Thx, see. You could have avoided this silly discussion with this simple answer. I wasnˋt that guy who was going personal first. As an admin you should know better.

Btw. Thx paying just around 1.000 bucks a year. Where personal time is not included.

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 28 Aug 2019

diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Thx, see. You could have avoided this silly discussion with this simple answer. I wasnˋt that guy who was going personal first. As an admin you should know better.
Nah, your entitled, puny self might think you can demand answers like these. You're a laugh-riot!
I get more the impression that this board is full of ph employees who are pushing their product and aren‘t allowing any critique on their behalf. And if something comes around it will be framed away.. If you check whois, the domain reasontalk.com is presented by: domainsbyproxy.com. There is no imprint who is running this site, correct me if i am wrong. But i am not the only one with this idea: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87339397a4

So who is running this site?
This was the original post I reacted on. Are you, with a straight face, suggesting that you're weren't hinting that ReasonTalk is being run by PH-people? :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

diekehle
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jan 2018

Post 28 Aug 2019

Kenni wrote:
28 Aug 2019
diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Thx, see. You could have avoided this silly discussion with this simple answer. I wasnˋt that guy who was going personal first. As an admin you should know better.
Nah, your entitled, puny self might think you can demand answers like these. You're a laugh-riot!
I get more the impression that this board is full of ph employees who are pushing their product and aren‘t allowing any critique on their behalf. And if something comes around it will be framed away.. If you check whois, the domain reasontalk.com is presented by: domainsbyproxy.com. There is no imprint who is running this site, correct me if i am wrong. But i am not the only one with this idea: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87339397a4

So who is running this site?
This was the original post I reacted on. Are you, with a straight face, suggesting that you're weren't hinting that ReasonTalk is being run by PH-people? :)
How would you interpret the term “getting more the mpression“

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 1449
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2019

diekehle wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Kenni wrote:
28 Aug 2019

Nah, your entitled, puny self might think you can demand answers like these. You're a laugh-riot!


This was the original post I reacted on. Are you, with a straight face, suggesting that you're weren't hinting that ReasonTalk is being run by PH-people? :)
How would you interpret the term “impression“
how could you possibly get the impression anyone is stifling criticism??? have you looked at the R11 announcement thread? hell, I’ve posted more criticism than most, and other than mods moving a post or two, everything is still there.

if RT’s shady Reason Studios overlords are censoring unfavorable posts, they’re doing a balls-ass job of it. 😂

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 28 Aug 2019

Word puzzles at best mate, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that a forum on the internet can't carry the traits of an adult conversation.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], bitley, buddard, lecafard, motuscott, MrFigg and 16 guests