Reason Suite Upgrade Questions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stp2015

26 Aug 2019

In making my decision about upgrade/suite, I would like to know what the policy will be.

Q1: Will it be Reason 11 Suite --> Reason 12 Suite for 129?
Q2: As Propellerheads (Reason Studio) release new REs, will these automatically become part of Reason Suite?
Q3: Will we remain in a situation where new Prop (Reason Studio) REs get released and later on added to Reason Suite?

Thanks for some answers, Matthias.

VariableX

26 Aug 2019

mate they tried to have Umpf on deal of the week just last week. It is in the suite. That is all we need to know to understand the answers to your questions.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

26 Aug 2019

stp2015 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
In making my decision about upgrade/suite, I would like to know what the policy will be.

Q2: As Propellerheads (Reason Studio) release new REs, will these automatically become part of Reason Suite?
Q3: Will we remain in a situation where new Prop (Reason Studio) REs get released and later on added to Reason Suite?

Thanks for some answers, Matthias.
Q1: I can't answer that, we don't know how the next release will look.
Q2: No, they won't. Reason Suite is "as-is" right now.
Q3: Same as Q1. :)

Loque

26 Aug 2019

Quite a few good questions...I just had a look into the suite and found myself already having everything i wanted. Might be interesting in V12 or so if i stop buying RE from PH.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

26 Aug 2019

what about mid-release upgrade pricing? for example, if I upgrade to the base R11 version and later decide I want to upgrade to get the additional devices in the suite? what would that pricing look like?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

stp2015

26 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Q1: I can't answer that, we don't know how the next release will look.
Q2: No, they won't. Reason Suite is "as-is" right now.
Q3: Same as Q1. :)
Thanks for your quick response :puf_smile: I think this upgrade is very nice for getting new / previous users on board, and I am convinced the Reason community will grow as a result. That is really great.

But, you may also want to figure out the answers to these questions to allow existing users to make good decisions. For me personally, the uncertainty will probably translate into not buying at the moment.

Loque

26 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019
what about mid-release upgrade pricing? for example, if I upgrade to the base R11 version and later decide I want to upgrade to get the additional devices in the suite? what would that pricing look like?
Pretty much the same as every other vendor. The only chance for you might be a sale or you need to wait...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
if i stop buying RE from PH.
There we have it. Truth.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

26 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
if i stop buying RE from PH.
There we have it. Truth.
I already sais dthat when i bought 10 and could not resist on Complex-1, QNG and REB :? My fault...but now i will resist - i already have everything i need.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Pretty much the same as every other vendor. The only chance for you might be a sale or you need to wait...
lord, I hope that isn’t the case. they’re billing it as another tiered version of the software—it would seem crazy to me that if you have a lower version of the same point release, they’d still make you pay $250 just to get the additional devices.

Loque

26 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019

lord, I hope that isn’t the case. they’re billing it as another tiered version of the software—it would seem crazy to me that if you have a lower version of the same point release, they’d still make you pay $250 just to get the additional devices.
AS an example, Arturia requests around 200 for 3 new synths which sound meehhh in the upgrade...Even if i wait for the cheapest offer it is still a bit "hum...is it worth it?". Izotope requsts hundreds depending on the pack...NI easily 500 and more...Really guys...

In Reason you get a bunch of new devices and a DAW on top. And now you can use Reason everywhere. All that moaning about "*cry*cry...i cannot use my RE in my other DAWs...*cry*PH sucks*cry" should now be over...And in a few years you can have them stand alone as VSTs or whatnot...
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

26 Aug 2019

Another question is: if one upgrades to suite, and the price to upgrade to Reason 12 suite is higher than usual and one isn't interested in the devices of said version, but want the features of v 12 standard, will one be able to upgrade from 11 suite to 12 standard?

Loque

26 Aug 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Another question is: if one upgrades to suite, and the price to upgrade to Reason 12 suite is higher than usual and one isn't interested in the devices of said version, but want the features of v 12 standard, will one be able to upgrade from 11 suite to 12 standard?
Mattias stated, that there are no active plans yet about how and who and where and when and whatever...We need to wait and see...
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019

AS an example, Arturia requests around 200 for 3 new synths which sound meehhh in the upgrade...Even if i wait for the cheapest offer it is still a bit "hum...is it worth it?". Izotope requsts hundreds depending on the pack...NI easily 500 and more...Really guys...

In Reason you get a bunch of new devices and a DAW on top. And now you can use Reason everywhere. All that moaning about "*cry*cry...i cannot use my RE in my other DAWs...*cry*PH sucks*cry" should now be over...And in a few years you can have them stand alone as VSTs or whatnot...
I think you might be missing what I’m trying to get at...first, Reason is a DAW, so comparing it to upgrade models for other plugins isn’t a fair comparison.

I’m talking about if you upgrade to Reason v11 Standard version, for $130, now...if you do that, and later decide you want the additional devices, you shouldn’t be expected to pay $250 on top of the $130 you’ve already spent.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think any other DAW has pricing that double-dips into your wallet like that.

Loque

26 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I think you might be missing what I’m trying to get at...first, Reason is a DAW, so comparing it to upgrade models for other plugins isn’t a fair comparison.

I’m talking about if you upgrade to Reason v11 Standard version, for $130, now...if you do that, and later decide you want the additional devices, you shouldn’t be expected to pay $250 on top of the $130 you’ve already spent.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think any other DAW has pricing that double-dips into your wallet like that.
I do not have any other DAWs, so i cannot speak for this. So i compare it to other vendors of software and their politics and this is a fair comparison IMO.

And currently i am not aware of a company, which wants you to pay twice out of the box, but this may happen, depending on their special upgrade/personal offers - i do not get always discounts if i already own something, but i sometimes also get incredible great discounts.

I guess this something discussed quite often about RE and the upgrades, the Rigs and already in most past versions of Reason. But ofc, the ppl start to discuss this again and they should. If i would get a better discount for the suite, i might buy in even if i do not really need/want the few missing devices...
Reason12, Win10

sycon

26 Aug 2019

If I buy Reason Suite, will I keep the 16 rack extensions even if I just upgrade to the standard (non-suite) Reason 12 when it becomes available? I.e., is getting suite the same as buying Reason + the 16 rack extensions individually, or can I lose the 16 rack extensions if I somehow decide to go non-suite in the future?

DJMaytag

26 Aug 2019

stp2015 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Look at the amount of time those things were developed for this Suite bundle, Props would have to develop release a MASSIVE amount of new software between now and R12. Seems like a no brainer that this is really just a $120 bundle price for all those RE/players, and not really a true “Suite” that’s going to continue to offer new things that the standard Reason won’t offer.

AFAIK, N.I. just releases upgrades from on version to the next for X amount, provided you stay at the same level. You only pay more if you jump up from standard to ultimate, for example.

Raveshaper

26 Aug 2019

DJMaytag wrote:
26 Aug 2019
stp2015 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
AFAIK, N.I. just releases upgrades from on version to the next for X amount, provided you stay at the same level. You only pay more if you jump up from standard to ultimate, for example.
Can confirm regarding NI bundles. It's cheapest to go as big as possible early on, then upgrade for the least amount of money down the line. It's also a weaker investment to pick up individual packages because if you upgrade later, you basically pay twice.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

QVprod

26 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I think it’s safe to assume that the $250 upgrade price is only applicable for upgrades from 10 and below. They’re not listing the upgrade price from standard to suite since no one has it yet.

DJMaytag

26 Aug 2019

Raveshaper wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Can confirm regarding NI bundles. It's cheapest to go as big as possible early on, then upgrade for the least amount of money down the line. It's also a weaker investment to pick up individual packages because if you upgrade later, you basically pay twice.
Or also cheapest by not buying much NI stuff at all! :D

Of their gear, I really only use FM8, even though I have Reaktor 6. I don't even remember if I have either or both Massive (old version) and Abysnth!

guitfnky

26 Aug 2019

QVprod wrote:
26 Aug 2019
guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I think it’s safe to assume that the $250 upgrade price is only applicable for upgrades from 10 and below. They’re not listing the upgrade price from standard to suite since no one has it yet.
I mean once v11 is released. if I buy 11 Standard in October, for $130, what will they charge if I then decide I want to get the suite in December? it should be the difference of $120, not the full $250.

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019
QVprod wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I mean once v11 is released. if I buy 11 Standard in October, for $130, what will they charge if I then decide I want to get the suite in December? it should be the difference of $120, not the full $250.
The 11 -> 11 Suite upgrade price will have to be at least $200, because the standalone prices are $399 and $599. I wouldn't be surprised if $250 is the [any non-Intro version of Reason] -> 11 Suite upgrade price.

Eurikon

27 Aug 2019

Hi all, so i been looking at the prices for the upcoming 11 version , and something caught my eye which i don't fully get.

new buy:
Reason 11 Intro - $99/€79
Reason 11 - $399/€349
Reason 11 Suite - $599/€549

upgrade from Lite Intro:
Reason 11 - $299/€269

upgrade:
Reason 11 - $129/€129
Reason 11 Suite - $249/€249

How come these last 2, the regular update have the price of Euro same as in US Dollar?
★ --------------------------------------- ★
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon
https://eurikon.bandcamp.com
https://instagram.com/eurikon_music
★ --------------------------------------- ★

Luxuria

27 Aug 2019

I'm not sure why a lot of people are so confused? I wonder if the marketing team is intentionally trying to trip people up.

Reason Suite is just like any other bundle deal guys. It's exactly the same as the Rigs bundles.

Just because it's tied in as a Reason upgrade path doesn't change anything. Phead Marketing getting sleazy since bundles on the shop page weren't getting enough attention the decided to promote them during a major release.

It's 15 old devices that you can get on the shop for full price or half price during sales and 1 new RE device that will be sold separately outside the Suite bundle at $99 and most likely see the spotlight in "deal of the week" for 50% off eventually.

Whatever your upgrade path is now will have no impact on Reason 12's pricing in the future.

Since Mattias said that Suite is an "as is" deal, there likely won't be a discount from Suite 11 to Suite 12 if there even is one.

QVprod

27 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2019
QVprod wrote:
26 Aug 2019

That’s what I answered. The $250 price includes the upgrade from a previous version. That would be dumb to be the same price, just like the price from Intro and previously Essentials to the full version was a lesser price than buying it new. No one currently has 11 so they don’t have a need to list what an 11 Standard to suite upgrade price would be just yet. Personally, I doubt it will be $250

• Information