Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Nucleus free!!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

No idea what it is. Some sort of modular thing. But it’s free just now on Jrrshop.

https://www.jrrshop.com/cherry-audio-vo ... ar-nucleus

Anybody know anything about it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

19 Aug 2019

Thanks :thumbs_up: I will get it for the time in the future Cherry will run in Reason and i eventually might buy it...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Thanks :thumbs_up: I will get it for the time in the future Cherry will run in Reason and i eventually might buy it...
Doesn’t it run in Reason? I know nothing at all about this plug-in or developer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Despondo
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

It's a virtual modular synthesizer.

Also free on their website here: https://store.cherryaudio.com/

This is a way of them luring you into their platform so you will buy additional modules.

Reasontalk Forum discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7509904&hilit=cherry

Despondo
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Doesn’t it run in Reason? I know nothing at all about this plug-in or developer.
https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=473

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

Despondo wrote:
19 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
19 Aug 2019
https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=473
Thanks for all the info man. Appreciated.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

chimp_spanner

20 Aug 2019

Damn, good job I switched to Mac! I bought this a while back for PC and they were kind enough to refund me when it was apparent it didn't work out. But it's really fantastic. I hope they/PH fix whatever issue is preventing it from working in Reason on PC. I upgraded to the Core + Drum module for $50 and now I have more than enough to play with (including a VST loader...which I believe does VST3?).

The only thing I can't get working is remote mapping. Similar issue to Kontakt. Anyone had any luck?

Jackjackdaw

20 Aug 2019

So this its still not working even after the latest Reason updates?

Jackjackdaw

20 Aug 2019

Well, I tried it and it crashes immediately so there's my answer. A real shame because visually it's a perfect fit with Reason.

Bright cartoony skeumorphics float my boat :-)

Despondo
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
20 Aug 2019
So this its still not working even after the latest Reason updates?
It works on Mac, but not on Windows AFAIK.

antic604

20 Aug 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
20 Aug 2019
The only thing I can't get working is remote mapping. Similar issue to Kontakt. Anyone had any luck?
You know you can only remote the VM macros, not the actual knobs on the modules, right?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2019

I signed up for the freebie. Two Q's:
1. Has anyone tried it in Blue Cats Patchwork on Windows?
2. Can it have audio in and be used as an FX too?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

future-bit

23 Aug 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

boingy

26 Aug 2019

I completely missed this thread, possible because of my aversion to all things modular.
However, in a moment of weakness I downloaded the Free Nucleus thing this morning.

Wow, it's actually very good! The freebie modules and included presets are very generous so I've added it to my arsenal. I can't see me shelling out for any extra modules but I'm happy to preset surf and tweak a few knobs here and there, even if don't know what I'm doing.

I'm on Reason 9.5 and it tags it as "crashed" during the scan but it works fine in Studio One, Cubase and Cakewalk.

Even if you don't use another DAW it's worth getting for the standalone version and, as stated above, for the day when Reason will work with it!

The free offer runs until the end of the month: https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... ar-nucleus

antic604

27 Aug 2019

I asked VM yesterday what's the current status w.r.t VM compatibility with Reason on Windows :(
cherryDan wrote:
26 Aug 2019
antic604 wrote:
24 Aug 2019
You could probably increase that number with few dozens (or hundreds) more, if it worked in Reason on Windows. What's the status there? You said you'd do a workaround if Propellerhead refused to fix things on their side. So are you doing it, or waiting for Props?
Unfortunately Voltage Modular isn't compatible with Reason on Windows because of a bug in Reason that we can't work around. Simply put, Reason detects that Voltage Modular has crashed when it hasn't, and due to the complexity of Voltage Modular's cross-platform module system, there isn't anything we can do about it.

We've informed Propellerheads and their developers of the issue at length. We've considered doing a "workaround" but it would involve moving all of the module processing into a separate process, which would make Voltage Modular less efficient for everyone. Since Windows Reason users make up a pretty small segment of the population, we're just not willing to make Voltage Modular less efficient and more error-prone just to work around an issue that Propellerheads could easily resolve. It's unfortunate, but we're hopeful that the new release of Reason will solve this.

Dan @ Cherry Audio

Loque

27 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
I asked VM yesterday what's the current status w.r.t VM compatibility with Reason on Windows :(
cherryDan wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Unfortunately Voltage Modular isn't compatible with Reason on Windows because of a bug in Reason that we can't work around. Simply put, Reason detects that Voltage Modular has crashed when it hasn't, and due to the complexity of Voltage Modular's cross-platform module system, there isn't anything we can do about it.

We've informed Propellerheads and their developers of the issue at length. We've considered doing a "workaround" but it would involve moving all of the module processing into a separate process, which would make Voltage Modular less efficient for everyone. Since Windows Reason users make up a pretty small segment of the population, we're just not willing to make Voltage Modular less efficient and more error-prone just to work around an issue that Propellerheads could easily resolve. It's unfortunate, but we're hopeful that the new release of Reason will solve this.

Dan @ Cherry Audio
Yea, a few devs stated the same crap. IMO they do not handle their errors (exceptions) properly or tried to prevent them...
Reason12, Win10

bik44

27 Aug 2019

Boombastix wrote:
23 Aug 2019
I signed up for the freebie. Two Q's:
1. Has anyone tried it in Blue Cats Patchwork on Windows?
Sadly, it doesn’t work with Blue Cats Patchwork.

antic604

27 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Yea, a few devs stated the same crap. IMO they do not handle their errors (exceptions) properly or tried to prevent them...
Who are "they" - Props or Cherry Audio?

Loque

27 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Who are "they" - Props or Cherry Audio?
Cherry Audio.

I speculate, that PH is catching specific exceptions if they are thrown and that are exceptions which must not be thrown at all. Some devs think that just catching and ignoring them is a acceptable practice, but it is not. Well, this is my guessing and all IMHO.
Reason12, Win10

dvdrtldg

27 Aug 2019

Anybody having problems launching the installer on Mac OS? It seems to download OK, but when I go to open it, nothing happens

• Information