Poll: How many of the Reason 11 Suite REs do you already own? (Poll updated, please re-submit vote)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

How many of the Reason 11 Suite REs do you already own?

None
8%
One
6%
Two
9%
Three
8%
Four
8%
Five
6%
Six
14%
Seven
8%
Eight
8%
Nine
8%
Ten
10%
Eleven
2%
Twelve
3%
Thirteen
1%
Fourteen
2%

Total votes: 145
ShelLuser

26 Aug 2019

Sorry for a double post but....
diminished wrote:
26 Aug 2019
And as far as rewards and incentives for loyal customers go, there is NONE.
Not entirely true IMO. Even though we're used to it I still think that the massive discounted price for upgrades is also something to be thankful for. I say this as a vivid user (and somewhat of a fan) of Microsoft Office. Don't think for one second that you'll get a discount for Office 2019 if you already own a license for Office 2010. Instead you can pay full price again!

Sure, I know pretty much all DAW developers follow this sale model, but the fact remains that it should not be taken for granted. Not too much anyway I think.
--- :reason:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

26 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019
"The extra devices that you get with suite are Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Complex-1 Modular Synth, Umpf Club Drums, Umpf Retro Beats, Reason Electric Bass, Reason Drum Kits, Processed Pianos, Layers Wave Edition, Layers, Parsec Spectral Synthesizer, Radical Keys, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Rotor Rotary Speaker, PolyStep Sequencer, Quad Note Generator, Drum Sequencer."
Not counting Scenic Hybrid Instrument (new) and Drum Sequencer (included with Reason 10) that's 14 REs which have previously been for sale in the Shop, a number of which having been released only this year.
So with that said, how many of the above mentioned Propellerheads REs do you already own? (remember, not including Scenic and Drum Sequencer).
Actually, it is 15 REs in the shop, as Drum Sequencer was only included with Reason 10 for an introductory time.

Third time lucky?! :puf_wink: (I jest)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
26 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019
"The extra devices that you get with suite are Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Complex-1 Modular Synth, Umpf Club Drums, Umpf Retro Beats, Reason Electric Bass, Reason Drum Kits, Processed Pianos, Layers Wave Edition, Layers, Parsec Spectral Synthesizer, Radical Keys, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Rotor Rotary Speaker, PolyStep Sequencer, Quad Note Generator, Drum Sequencer."
Not counting Scenic Hybrid Instrument (new) and Drum Sequencer (included with Reason 10) that's 14 REs which have previously been for sale in the Shop, a number of which having been released only this year.
So with that said, how many of the above mentioned Propellerheads REs do you already own? (remember, not including Scenic and Drum Sequencer).
Actually, it is 15 REs in the shop, as Drum Sequencer was only included with Reason 10 for an introductory time.

Third time lucky?! :puf_wink: (I jest)
Hahaha. Yeah, I guess so. It was also free with Umpf! Both of which are included in Suite. But yeah. Won’t happen again :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Man...i know i should not have bought my last 2 PH devices...but well...good for everyone they are there and it is great for patch designers!
Well, if I'm honest I've not used Complex-1, QNG, both Layers, Umpf Club, Reason Bass, RDK; in any track I've finished, so I'd kick myself in the nuts right now if it was physically possible ;) :D

Loque

26 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Man...i know i should not have bought my last 2 PH devices...but well...good for everyone they are there and it is great for patch designers!
Well, if I'm honest I've not used Complex-1, QNG, both Layers, Umpf Club, Reason Bass, RDK; in any track I've finished, so I'd kick myself in the nuts right now if it was physically possible ;) :D
Its possible 😉
Reason12, Win10

tronam

26 Aug 2019

I actually own very few of these (3 or 4), so Suite seems like a decent deal.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

dmcghee

26 Aug 2019

I will up date to Reason Suite. I do all of my sequencing lately on the MPC X and sync to Reason as a sound module. With Reason Rack as a VST3 plugin I can work in the MPC X and the MPC Software, then track, record, mix and master in Reason. Reason Rack as VST3 Plugin is a brilliant move for the Reason Studio. Reason Studio has a better ring to it instead of Propellerhead Reason.

moneykube

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
antic604 wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Its possible 😉
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2019

moneykube wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Its possible 😉
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Instructions provided here:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

dvdrtldg

27 Aug 2019

Six for me, if you count the Reason Electric Bass refill as standing in for the RE

EdGrip

27 Aug 2019

"Zero things" owner here.
Suite is semi-tempting, but there's not much in there for me. Complex-1 looks great, but I have loadsa synths. Ditto Parsec and the others.
So reaaaaaally, it would mainly be for the player devices. And if I accept that, then I'm probably better off picking 2 or 3 great Panda and Robotic Bean Players instead.

There might even be a Player rig down the line.

zumBeispiel

27 Aug 2019

No news, just needed to look at the list this way to submit vote:

* Complex-1 Modular Synth
* Parsec Spectral Synthesizer
* Layers
* Layers Wave Edition
* Processed Pianos
* Radical Keys
* Reason Electric Bass

* Reason Drum Kits
* Umpf Club Drums
* Umpf Retro Beats

* Polar Dual Pitch Shifter
* Rotor Rotary Speaker

* PolyStep Sequencer
* Quad Note Generator
* Drum Sequencer

* Scenic Hybrid Instrument

diminished
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2019

Interesting, around 40% of the users have 4 or less of the Suite plugins already.
Enjoy your new upgrade!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Ermitage

27 Aug 2019

What I don't really get is why they don't just bundle it and sell it in the shop instead of attaching it to Reason as a higher-priced version. Does it mean that we can perhaps expect certain features to only be included in future Suite versions?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2019

Now there’s a thing...if the Props players and REs are now part of Suite then will they continue to be included in the Rigs bundles as well? Hmm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

27 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Now there’s a thing...if the Props players and REs are now part of Suite then will they continue to be included in the Rigs bundles as well? Hmm.
Probably!

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Aug 2019

Ermitage wrote:
27 Aug 2019
What I don't really get is why they don't just bundle it and sell it in the shop instead of attaching it to Reason as a higher-priced version. Does it mean that we can perhaps expect certain features to only be included in future Suite versions?
I was wondering if perhaps Suite would get you a few new first-party REs in the future, but Mattias has clarified that it's a "one-time" thing. So yeah, I don't know why they didn't make it a standalone bundle, other than to offer a premium SKU to new users.

rgdaniel

27 Aug 2019

I own 7 of the 16 listed. That means nine left that I don't have, divided into the $120 extra for Suite, makes it about $13 each. On the face of it, that is an extremely good deal, and hard to turn down. BUT, and like my own it's a big but, if I factor in that only Scenic and PolyStep are of any real interest, and that I've already long ago decided I did not need the others, well the math is far less attractive. Probably won't upgrade to Suite. Probably will upgrade to base 11, but maybe not. It's a tough call.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2019

rgdaniel wrote:
27 Aug 2019
I own 7 of the 16 listed. That means nine left that I don't have, divided into the $120 extra for Suite, makes it about $13 each. On the face of it, that is an extremely good deal, and hard to turn down. BUT, and like my own it's a big but, if I factor in that only Scenic and PolyStep are of any real interest, and that I've already long ago decided I did not need the others, well the math is far less attractive. Probably won't upgrade to Suite. Probably will upgrade to base 11, but maybe not. It's a tough call.
That what you said about the REs. That’s it EXACTLY!!! Totally.same here. The maths. Well done!!! Enlightenment achieved.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

29 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I don't know man, maybe some kind of Rewards page in the shop where you can get new devices for cheap based on the amount of purchases you've made in the past. Something that'll be actually cheaper than things on sale..
Or an addition of those measly 6 sequencer "upgrades" into Reason 10.
I'd be all in favor of something like that. I wonder if the Props would consider such a thing?
ShelLuser wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I upgraded my gear last weekend and decided to go in heavy... I've never been interested in rack extensions from 3rd party developers (except for the freebies) because to me Reason is all about the Props and I really admire the stuff the Props have made. So other than upgrading to Reason 10 I also got myself plenty of devices which I couldn't use in Reason 6; ergo I almost own everything. Only thing I don't have is processed pianos because I didn't see the need with radical keys and radical piano (and the ID8).

So yah, Suite is definitely a bad choice for me right now.
Most Prop REs are top notch. I agree. They have put out some really great and innovative stuff, for sure. But I feel like you have overlooked some excellent REs from the 3rd party devs. Lectric Panda, Blamsoft and Robotic Bean, to name just a few, have put out some fantastic devices, which are also exclusive to Reason. I would suggest you give some of their devices a try.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2019

I only have Drum Sequencer so it’s a bonanza for me!

mjxl

31 Aug 2019

I have 6 of them, so I reckon the price for getting the Suite is justifiable. :0

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

mjxl wrote:
31 Aug 2019
I have 6 of them, so I reckon the price for getting the Suite is justifiable. :0
Sure. As long as the other ones are all ones you want of course :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mjxl

31 Aug 2019

It comes down to these devices:
* Parsec Spectral Synthesizer
* Layers
* Layers Wave Edition
* Processed Pianos
* Radical Keys
* Reason Electric Bass
* Polar Dual Pitch Shifter
* Rotor Rotary Speaker
* PolyStep Sequencer
* Scenic Hybrid Instrument

I'd LOVE to experiment with Parsec, both Layers devices, Polystep and Polar..
Electric Bass, Radical Keys and Piano's look like good stuff and then there's that Scenic thing..(?)

Then it's time to up my creational skills.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

In that case...

totally worth it. :) :) :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information