Announcing Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EdGrip
Posts: 1786
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 27 Aug 2019

Goriila Texas wrote:
27 Aug 2019
It’s a scam they will bring it back and promote it with an update “Reason 12 now with Rewire legacy features!!) and charge $129 for it.
They obviously won't.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4198
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 27 Aug 2019

If you use Reason in Fruity Loops is it called Raisin?
丰2ॐ

seqoi
Posts: 378
Joined: 12 Aug 2017

Post 27 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2019
If you use Reason in Fruity Loops is it called Raisin?
Haha :lol:

fretshot7
Posts: 430
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 27 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2019
If you use Reason in Fruity Loops is it called Raisin?
lol - or Rhubarb?

nbot
Posts: 30
Joined: 27 Sep 2017

Post 27 Aug 2019

As a user that left Reason long time ago it’s quite cool idea to use some of devices but I’ll use it mostly because of nostalgia. Using REs which are not available as VSTs seems to be beneficial too. But if Reason was my primary DAW I’d be very disappointed with this release. Also when it comes to older devices - what were Props doing all those years? Why there were never updated? It’s not like PH is company with 100$ yearly revenue, is it?

calebbrennan
Posts: 256
Joined: 16 Aug 2016

Post 27 Aug 2019

You can now rewire reason to Ableton Live

Just like 15 years ago

I laugh but I am a die-hard reason fan

They are trying to figure out how they can make money

That is the reasoning creating reason 11 to latch onto any. Daw

they are creating a unique platform

Still they are avoiding larger larger graphics
Essential to the new experience of making music

EdGrip
Posts: 1786
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 27 Aug 2019

If we've had noises from the KVR thread that a GUI/graphics update is in active development, I wouldn't be surprised if they've decided to let the Dark Mixer be part of that when it comes.

User avatar
Kilsane
Posts: 103
Joined: 15 Sep 2016
Location: Villeneuve saint Georges - France

Post 27 Aug 2019

Reason Rack and several RE loader each with their midi track and different audio output?

Can I use / Redrums on multiple audio tracks?

To use is topic for your interrogation only, for the contant and the discontent there is another topic, hoping that one obtains some answer.
I thank you for your understanding :)

User avatar
dan_g
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Location: Germany

Post 27 Aug 2019

read through all 19 pages

i'm skipping this update too. just bought serum, so im happy were i am.

do you guys think that there is the possibilty that the folks from RS take this huge backfire from the userbase and maybe realise that they made a mistake. change the sequencer updates to a point release? i think someone else mentioned this before. make it two releases "Reason VST" and "Reason 10.5" seperatly. pay what you want also comes back to mind.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 10.4 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

Dread Massaker (DRMSKR) Heavy Dubstep Project: https://soundcloud.com/drmskr

1reasonable
Posts: 26
Joined: 19 Aug 2019

Post 27 Aug 2019

dezma wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I'm a little underwhelmed.

No vst midi out nor vst midi plugin support?
No autosave
No sequencer folders
No updated browser/indexed samples

Suite having to pay full price is a middle finger to those including myself having paid several 100's for 4 or more instruments in the bundle, it's disrespectful to loyal customers.
Last edited by 1reasonable on 28 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

fretshot7
Posts: 430
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 27 Aug 2019

dan_g wrote:
27 Aug 2019
read through all 19 pages

i'm skipping this update too. just bought serum, so im happy were i am.

do you guys think that there is the possibilty that the folks from RS take this huge backfire from the userbase and maybe realise that they made a mistake. change the sequencer updates to a point release? i think someone else mentioned this before. make it two releases "Reason VST" and "Reason 10.5" seperatly. pay what you want also comes back to mind.
Only way this happens is if no-one on release 10 buys it, and when they check the BI reports this represents a large portion of revenue to them.

User avatar
tc13
Posts: 45
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 27 Aug 2019

Wow, on Facebook, Reddit, KVR or just about any place I look R11 gets a very positive response...
This forum seems like a bunch of whiners, not representing the real world.

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 766
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 27 Aug 2019

There IS kind of a conflict in this upgrade, i.e. those who will not use Reason as a standalone, won't get any benefit from the sequencer updates. Aaand those who are 100% Reasoners won't get any benefit from the Rack VST - which probably is the main feature in this release. On the other hand it kind of can't be a main-feature, because there's more idea to make Reason for the standalone users.

Also: there's kind of nothing new in the Reason as a VST - because Rewire already allowed Reason to be used with the other DAWs.

This is all "on the other hand" speculation though.

As what I concluded: Well if you get a Suite version, then that is very good deal though, because that's only 120€ more for 16 REs.

But yeah, if the Props will be going to code AU and AAX as next, well then we will need to wait for ages for the next Core features to be added.

Or?

User avatar
dan_g
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Location: Germany

Post 27 Aug 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
27 Aug 2019

Only way this happens is if no-one on release 10 buys it, and when they check the BI reports this represents a large portion of revenue to them.
hm this will not happen i think. but seeing the Polls and the Posts in this thread here gives me the impression that quite a few guys/girls are really pissed and will not upgrade.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 10.4 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

Dread Massaker (DRMSKR) Heavy Dubstep Project: https://soundcloud.com/drmskr

User avatar
gdm41
Posts: 85
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 27 Aug 2019

tc13 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Wow, on Facebook, Reddit, KVR or just about any place I look R11 gets a very positive response...
This forum seems like a bunch of whiners, not representing the real world.
mhh on kvr i read mixed opinions...
This update is a slap in the face for reason only users. Sure PH will attract new customers, but this is very short time thinking when you piss off your loyal customer base.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1669
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 27 Aug 2019

tc13 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Wow, on Facebook, Reddit, KVR or just about any place I look R11 gets a very positive response...
This forum seems like a bunch of whiners, not representing the real world.
Now that you say it, wow thanks for opening our eyes! Would you like to be a mod? We could use someone around here who tells folks why their thinking is wrong, with some added insults!
In return, we could teach you how to read!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

owlymane
Posts: 178
Joined: 27 Feb 2019

Post 27 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
27 Aug 2019
tc13 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Wow, on Facebook, Reddit, KVR or just about any place I look R11 gets a very positive response...
This forum seems like a bunch of whiners, not representing the real world.
Now that you say it, wow thanks for opening our eyes! Would you like to be a mod? We could use someone around here who tells folks why their thinking is wrong, with some added insults!
In return, we could teach you how to read!
HAHAHAHA

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 766
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 27 Aug 2019

By the way, Doesn't the SSL Strip EQ have a spectrum analyzer?

owlymane
Posts: 178
Joined: 27 Feb 2019

Post 27 Aug 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
By the way, Doesn't the SSL Strip EQ have a spectrum analyzer?
The SSL EQ does not have a spectrum analyzer, there is only a uncontrollable overall Mixer Bus EQ that has a spectrum analyzer, and each strip EQ is represented by a controllable EQ spectrum anazlyzer in the Rack.

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1687
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Aug 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Remember all the excitement with R5 becoming a DAW? Pay what you want for R6? How so much used to be included in upgrades? How interactive PH used to be? That Joe Rogan dude with the 50 Reason Tips videos? And the recent videos with that Ryan guy? The happy days are over, it appears.
Yep, been a long time I wonder if we'll ever get something that good again just as a bonus! Probably want money for it next time! :mrgreen:

Untitled2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 748
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 27 Aug 2019

how would that work? selling Reason Vst and Reason 10.5 separately, so the VST buyers get everything Reason except (what they obviously don't need) the sequencer, for how much $129? or they have to buy Reason first for $399 then the vst addon for $129. the rest get the sequencer improvements free in a .5 update? I can hear the baby crying about that it's not worthy a .5 release maybe a 10.42
If Reason Studio would put in every request most would cry about why they added something because they don't need it,
No one is forced to upgrade and you were never promised anything by RS you have paid for the futures that are in the version you are using, you don't like the new future don't pay for them. When you bought the version you have now, you made it possible for RS to work on new futures but you have not paid for those yet so they do not own you anything.
I'm sure that a least 90% of reason users will continue to use reason after 23. sep some on 8 some on 10 and others on 11 and at some point most will buy a RE or an update to 13
Last edited by gullum on 27 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 766
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 27 Aug 2019

owlymane wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
By the way, Doesn't the SSL Strip EQ have a spectrum analyzer?
The SSL EQ does not have a spectrum analyzer, there is only a uncontrollable overall Mixer Bus EQ that has a spectrum analyzer, and each strip EQ is represented by a controllable EQ spectrum anazlyzer in the Rack.
My questions was: Why doesn't the upcoming rack version of the SSL EQ not have the same spectrum view and controls than the mixer version? As that's why I've been liking using it in the first place. This is a big meh if I need to turn those knobs instead.

exxx
Posts: 102
Joined: 12 Sep 2016

Post 27 Aug 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2019
owlymane wrote:
27 Aug 2019


The SSL EQ does not have a spectrum analyzer, there is only a uncontrollable overall Mixer Bus EQ that has a spectrum analyzer, and each strip EQ is represented by a controllable EQ spectrum anazlyzer in the Rack.
My questions was: Why doesn't the upcoming rack version of the SSL EQ not have the same spectrum view and controls than the mixer version? As that's why I've been liking using it in the first place. This is a big meh if I need to turn those knobs instead.
The propellerhead (now gone) always said "'Ear' is musical!"

haha..

They put this old eq in the old way and put it in the latest daw.

I don't know if an old eq rack that doesn't work with spectrum views really makes sense.

The light update that inserts a high low pass into the mclass eq is not cool, so they chose to add a new eq?
Last edited by exxx on 27 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 766
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 27 Aug 2019

exxx wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2019


My questions was: Why doesn't the upcoming rack version of the SSL EQ not have the same spectrum view and controls than the mixer version? As that's why I've been liking using it in the first place. This is a big meh if I need to turn those knobs instead.
The propellerhead, now gone, always said:

'Ear' is musical!

I put this old eq in the old way and put it in the latest daw.
It's true, but I prefer spectrum way as I'm already used to that. Now I have two versions of the same EQ and one does it like I want it, but the other doesn't. It's just that the spectrum view is a fast way to knife-cut something off - or boost. It's way faster IMO.

EdGrip
Posts: 1786
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 27 Aug 2019

Ha, yeah, I never use the SSL EQ by turning the knobs! Who does that??
It sounds like you can't access the spectrum view with the SSL EQ Re. Which seems like quite an oversight.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests