Poll: How many of the Reason 11 Suite REs do you already own? (Poll updated, please re-submit vote)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

How many of the Reason 11 Suite REs do you already own?

None
8%
One
6%
Two
9%
Three
8%
Four
8%
Five
6%
Six
14%
Seven
8%
Eight
8%
Nine
8%
Ten
10%
Eleven
2%
Twelve
3%
Thirteen
1%
Fourteen
2%

Total votes: 145
MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

"The extra devices that you get with suite are Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Complex-1 Modular Synth, Umpf Club Drums, Umpf Retro Beats, Reason Electric Bass, Reason Drum Kits, Processed Pianos, Layers Wave Edition, Layers, Parsec Spectral Synthesizer, Radical Keys, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Rotor Rotary Speaker, PolyStep Sequencer, Quad Note Generator, Drum Sequencer."
Not counting Scenic Hybrid Instrument (new) and Drum Sequencer (included with Reason 10) that's 14 REs which have previously been for sale in the Shop, a number of which having been released only this year.
So with that said, how many of the above mentioned Propellerheads REs do you already own? (remember, not including Scenic and Drum Sequencer).
Last edited by MrFigg on 26 Aug 2019, edited 5 times in total.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

VariableX

26 Aug 2019

I thought i was being cynical when they pulled deal of the week (umpf) jesus wept they have no shame!
gone from fanboi to bemused in like seconds...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

fretshot7 wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
I thought i was being cynical when they pulled deal of the week (umpf) jesus wept they have no shame!
I guess it’d have been worse if they hadn’t pulled it. :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

26 Aug 2019
Don't worry, a certain mod will probably find the words to downplay that situation and your feelings towards it in a couple of hours.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

boingy

26 Aug 2019

Why haven't you got an option for "None"?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

boingy wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
Because I forgot haha. Fixed. Do you have "none"?
Last edited by MrFigg on 26 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

VariableX

26 Aug 2019

there must be a certain mod removing my posts also cuz they keep dissapearing. Maybe its a good thing because i am in shock ... like bad shock πŸ™

VariableX

26 Aug 2019

26 Aug 2019
there must be a certain mod removing my posts also cuz they keep dissapearing. Maybe its a good thing because i am in shock ... like bad shock πŸ™
are you not alloud to say f r a c k or something?

boingy

26 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
boingy wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
Because I forgot haha. Fixed. Do you have "none"?

Actually...I think if I edit then all the existing votes will disappear. If you've got none then you can say so below :).
I thought I had none but I actually have one - Parsec, because the one and only add-on I have ever bought from PH is the Synth bundle when it was on sale. I spend my money on VSTs because I use other DAWs. I will upgrade to R11 and then probably never use the standalone Reason again!

They were never going to win on this forum with the Suite.

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Figg mate, please be so kind and add the "Zero" option.
We're only a few votes in and I think it's important to have an actual image of the data. Some people don't read what's written underneath or can't be bothered to answer with a written reply.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

diminished wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
Figg mate, please be so kind and add the "Zero" option.
We're only a few votes in and I think it's important to have an actual image of the data. Some people don't read what's written underneath or can't be bothered to answer with a written reply.
Your wish is my command :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Excellent, thanks!

Loque

26 Aug 2019

Man...i know i should not have bought my last 2 PH devices...but well...good for everyone they are there and it is great for patch designers!
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

26 Aug 2019

I have taken the time to watch the videos, read the blog and digest the info.
Non of my opinions have changed. And their blatant profiteering, its pretty disgusting.
I love the app, there are some cool things in the new version, but not enough if you are all-ready on version 10 and Reason is your only DAW. I thought I was a shoe-in to get the new version now i'm not so sure. The upgrade to the suite will cost me the same as buying 10 outright did, and I own more than half of what is in the suite allready go figure that out.

boingy

26 Aug 2019

Don't forget that the new boss's prime directive is to achieve a short-term boost to profits to make the company more attractive to potential buyers. Despite all of the complaining the majority of the "regulars" will upgrade to Suite, because they can't bear not to have the top end product and the VST thing will bring in a whole load of new customers.

And today will see a huge spike in shop sales as people like me upgrade to 10 in anticipation of getting 11 for free next month. Ker-ching!

Despite my natural cynicism I think that the VST thing will secure Reason's survival whatever the corporate world throws at it.

JdA57

26 Aug 2019

nearly ALL (without PolyStepSeq, ProcPiano and the new one that will be released :D )

SalvadorDeluxe

26 Aug 2019

26 Aug 2019
their blatant profiteering, its pretty disgusting.
Damn all businesses that are trying to actually make money!
Nintendo 64 // Minesweeper // Rotary Telephones

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Since Reason is now a plugin too, can we expect the Suite upgrade to be released for 99.84€ on Pluginboutique in the future?

Loque

26 Aug 2019

26 Aug 2019
Since Reason is now a plugin too, can we expect the Suite upgrade to be released for 99.84€ on Pluginboutique in the future?
:shock: :lol:
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
26 Aug 2019
:shock: :lol:
Just wait until Black Friday man. :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

challism

26 Aug 2019

SalvadorDeluxe wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
26 Aug 2019
their blatant profiteering, its pretty disgusting.
ha ha ha

You guys shouldn't have any problems with Props (errr, I mean Reason Studios) making money. If they don't make money, they will go out of business. Who wants that to happen? Not me. I think this was a really smart move on their part. Now Reason and all it's amazing REs can be used in any DAW supporting VST3. That was a genius business move! So instead of competing with all the other DAWs, they can be used together to compliment each other.

That being said, this is the first update I will not be buying since I first bought a Reason license. Reason is my only DAW, so I don't have much use for it as a plugin. And I don't want enough of the Suite devices to justify paying the price. I guess I will just wait until 12 of 13 to upgrade.... or maybe stick with v!0 for the next decade. Who knows what the future holds. As for the REs in Suite that I do want (only about 3 of them), I'm holding off to see if they are added to one of the rig bundles, and then I will just upgrade my rigs.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

challism wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
SalvadorDeluxe wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019

ha ha ha

You guys shouldn't have any problems with Props (errr, I mean Reason Studios) making money. If they don't make money, they will go out of business. Who wants that to happen? Not me. I think this was a really smart move on their part. Now Reason and all it's amazing REs can be used in any DAW supporting VST3. That was a genius business move! So instead of competing with all the other DAWs, they can be used together to compliment each other.

That being said, this is the first update I will not be buying since I first bought a Reason license. Reason is my only DAW, so I don't have much use for it as a plugin. And I don't want enough of the Suite devices to justify paying the price. I guess I will just wait until 12 of 13 to upgrade.... or maybe stick with v!0 for the next decade. Who knows what the future holds. As for the REs in Suite that I do want (only about 3 of them), I'm holding off to see if they are added to one of the rig bundles, and then I will just upgrade my rigs.
I don't think anyone is having a problem with the new users from other DAWs (that's great!), or with PH making money (necessary!). Not all all. But they've really turned a blind eye to the Reason-only crowd with this update. And as far as rewards and incentives for loyal customers go, there is NONE.

challism

26 Aug 2019

26 Aug 2019
I don't think anyone is having a problem with the new users from other DAWs (that's great!), or with PH making money (necessary!). Not all all. But they've really turned a blind eye to the Reason-only crowd with this update. And as far as rewards and incentives for loyal customers go, there is NONE.
I would love that. What kind of rewards or incentives would you like to see? I'm just curious what that would look like.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

challism wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2019
26 Aug 2019
I would love that. What kind of rewards or incentives would you like to see? I'm just curious what that would look like.
I don't know man, maybe some kind of Rewards page in the shop where you can get new devices for cheap based on the amount of purchases you've made in the past. Something that'll be actually cheaper than things on sale..
Or an addition of those measly 6 sequencer "upgrades" into Reason 10.

ShelLuser

26 Aug 2019

I upgraded my gear last weekend and decided to go in heavy... I've never been interested in rack extensions from 3rd party developers (except for the freebies) because to me Reason is all about the Props and I really admire the stuff the Props have made. So other than upgrading to Reason 10 I also got myself plenty of devices which I couldn't use in Reason 6; ergo I almost own everything. Only thing I don't have is processed pianos because I didn't see the need with radical keys and radical piano (and the ID8).

So yah, Suite is definitely a bad choice for me right now.
--- :reason:

• Information