Does cancelling an RE mid-download delete it from hard drive?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

Right...I'm assuming that if you open Authorizer and delete an installed Rack Extension then it is removed from your hard drive.
What if you cancel an RE mid-download though? Is there like an unfinished download portion left?
Whenever I "sync all" I need to immediately cancel those first two DNA Labs romplers because...well you know. I just don't want to have to download them fully and then delete them again in order to completely remove them from my hard disk.
Again..the sooner we get the option the better and I will put a tick in the "never, ever download these REs again" box. But until that day if anyone can answer my question I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Oquasec

20 Aug 2019

You could just download it fully then wipe it off your hdd
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

Oquasec wrote:
20 Aug 2019
You could just download it fully then wipe it off your hdd
Thanks...but yes I know. I actually wrote that in my post above. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DrGOA®

20 Aug 2019

If you cancel download BEFORE it's finished, then canceled RE is fully removed from your HDD.
Check by yourself: your REs are stored here - "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions".
Also you can remove unwanted REs by deleting their directories from the same folder.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

DrGOA® wrote:
20 Aug 2019
If you cancel download BEFORE it's finished, then canceled RE is fully removed from your HDD.
Check by yourself: your REs are stored here - "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions".
Also you can remove unwanted REs by deleting their directories from the same folder.
Great. Thanks :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DrGOA®

20 Aug 2019

Thus way you can "bypass" Authorizer and delete unwanted REs.

• Information