Remotemap for Behringer BCR2000

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
rmtcvolte

22 Jun 2019

Spare time is a huge problem for me too. To make things clear, i use my own remotemap with my own codec. But it would be nice to have the codec as universal as possible. I can definitly confirm that these encoder-modes exist. I´ve tested it last week with the original codec, although it was not necessary, and changed the naming of the modes in my one.

Key features of my codec in short: higher MIDI resolution, adapted rotary speed resolution, remotemap for all stock devices, onscreen-display as plugin to show what controls what.

I´ll try to take a closer look into your remotemap on the weekend. Maybe I´ll find one or two devices you dont have mapped yet.

splitpen

19 Aug 2019

Does anyone experiencing problems with 10.4 and the BCR2000? When locking the BCR to any device almost all buttons are of positions from the program.
Got 10.2 and 10.4 installed and in 10.2 it works great. It is reported at PH's since the 10.3 beta and got a response it's on their fix list...

Do you know if there is any workaround? I mainly use the controller for the main mixer.

Sadly the Europa Synth causing troubles between the 2 versions, so it aint 100% back and forward compatible inside projects. :(
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

mcatalao
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

splitpen wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Does anyone experiencing problems with 10.4 and the BCR2000? When locking the BCR to any device almost all buttons are of positions from the program. (...)
Hey, i think it's reported. But i don't know when it will be solved.

This not only affects the BCR2000 but also the BCF2000 (only the knobs). It's something odd because the same does not happen if you load the BCR2000 in mackie mode. On the BCF2000 it is even worse because all pans and wides are turned to -64 and it's a mess while working out pan!

Also, this doesn't happen all the time, i noticed if you toggle from one device to another the second time you select the device the values are correct. To me this is a drag because i rely A LOT in my mixing workflow, so i reverted back to 10.2 for mixing.

Since the projects are interchangeable between 10.4 and 10.2 i just installed the 2 versions side by side. I work with 10.2 and only open the projects in 10.4 if i start to need more juice.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

PS.: What's causing issues in Europa between the 2 versions (10.4 vs 10.2)? I'm not aware of this!

splitpen

19 Aug 2019

Thanks mcatalao. Will try if that works for me.
Don't know what's causing the issue with the Europa synth. It said that Europa is missing with a song i saved with 10.4. (see the attachment )
Pretty weird because i can drag and drop the Europa in the same document straight from the menu into the rack while that one is working.
I will report that one to the DEV team too.
Attachments
Knipsel.JPG
Missing Europa
Knipsel.JPG (480.32 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

splitpen

19 Aug 2019

Don't you have the same problem? I recreated the fault in the attachment.
Only a Europa synth loaded and saved with 10.4, when i open it with 10.2 i get this message again...
Attachments
Knipsel2.JPG
Knipsel2.JPG (282.22 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
testfile 10-2.zip
(56.34 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

splitpen

20 Aug 2019

Received a mail from PH that the fix is coming with the new update, that just made my day :)
The missing Europa synth is a known sign and is caused by the update of the synth between the two versions. Saving the patch itself and reload could be a fix in the meantime.

rmtcvolte

26 Aug 2019

Hi, although "remote" seems to become more and more obsolet I'd like to share some of the mappings, i could not find in your list. Just to name a few: Humana, Klang, Pangea, Grain, Europa, DMFC, Monotone, Snakebite, Quadelectra CVSuite... (together 39 RE). And an equal number of VST, mostly FX like, Focusrite Red 2 and 3, some Wave plugins and a lot from Universal Audio, but some VSTi too, like Ujam VD-Phat2, Loopcloud Play, Loopcloud Drum.

If you are interested, feel free to pm me for a complete list.

rmtcvolte

27 Aug 2019

Hi splitpen, hi mcatalao, when I read your threads yesterday, It felt like I have to check if its the same with my BCR/F and actual Reason version and yes it is, but I missed it because of using my own codec all the time. Maybe you are interested to have an alternative one, until the ubdate comes out.

• Information