2 Free CV toys :0

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mjxl

19 Aug 2019

Not sure for how long, but they are free at the moment ! yay free stuff, thanks Pepin !

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... y-utility/

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... cv-router/

diminished
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

This might mean nothing, but I feel like there's an increased number of CV plugins that are made available for free recently.

Will CV tools like this be obsolete in a future version of Reason?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

joeyluck

19 Aug 2019

Front-8 is great. I always thought it was a clever, simple device. Great for experimenting with different routings and for merging/splitting as it allows you to draw multiple connections to each individual point; all from the front.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

mjxl wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Not sure for how long, but they are free at the moment ! yay free stuff, thanks Pepin !

Can I ask how you saw this man? It wasn’t new in the shop and it wasn’t in hot deals. We’re you surfing by price or something? :). Thanks in any case for pointing it out.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sdst
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019
they will work well, unless propellerhead change everything and ruin all the REs, I don't think that will happen

Loque

19 Aug 2019

This is a bit weird...Well, thanks...I hope...
Reason12, Win10

Zac

19 Aug 2019

Thanks Pepin :thumbs_up:

mjxl

19 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 Aug 2019
mjxl wrote:
19 Aug 2019

Can I ask how you saw this man? It wasn’t new in the shop and it wasn’t in hot deals. We’re you surfing by price or something? :). Thanks in any case for pointing it out.
They showed up on the bottom when I was at Volt SL-1 ( has an update \o/ )

Pepin

19 Aug 2019

Hi everyone! Just to clarify, these REs are now permanently free :puf_smile: . It’s not temporary or a mistake.

This is a personal decision I’ve made and not related to any upcoming policy changes or releases on Props part.

Many thanks to everyone who has bought these REs over the past nearly 5 (!) years. Building them was quite a learning experience for me back in the day.
diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019
This might mean nothing, but I feel like there's an increased number of CV plugins that are made available for free recently.

No need to worry. There’s nothing like that on the horizon, as far as I know.

dpcoffin

19 Aug 2019

Wow, thank you, these look genius! Wonder why I never stumbled on them before in my endless scanning of the RE shop…?

Bes
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

thank you Pepin
these are very useful tools
are you planning on making any more RE's?
- Certified Reason expert

friday

19 Aug 2019

Thanks!

Catblack

19 Aug 2019

Pepin, I can't thank you enough for this great gift to the community. I'll be putting these inside combinators for years to come!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Ahornberg

20 Aug 2019

Thanks a lot!

Faastwalker

20 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019
I hope not. I feel they are more relevant than ever with the rise of Eurorack and the options for connecting software with hardware. Just look at Live's CV Tools. That seems to have caused quite a ripple. For me Reason already has much of this potential & has for some time. We need more CV!! Waiting on my Expert Sleeper ES-3. Once I've got everything up & running I'll be doing some videos for sure :thumbs_up:

challism

21 Aug 2019

I've had Front 8 for years. It's fantastic. I'm happy to see it offered for free for everybody to enjoy it. It is one of my favorite CV tools. And it's nice to now have its companion. Thanks for the gifts, Pepin Hazan! Much love!!

As for the fear that CV tools will become obsolete in future versions of Reason, I don't think that is really possible. Reason has promised backwards compatibility, so we will always have CV in our racks. If they dropped CV from the rack, they would have to remove pretty much all the devices and start over. And that would raise hell out of the user base. It would be the worst mistake they could make, and would most likely land them in many lawsuits. Not gonna happen.

I think some developers of older REs are just being kind to us, and giving them for free, since sales have probably dwindled or stopped completely for many of the older REs.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Mich01

26 Aug 2019

Very generous!!
Thank you Pepin!!

• Information