Was the LX88+ ever fixed?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Whirlwind

16 Aug 2019

Hi guys

Ive been reading alot about the Nektar lx88+ and its issues with the velocity of the black keys being substantially higher than the white keys.

From what Ive read, there was a driver released but there are mixed reviews as to how effective it was.

Does anyone know if it worked or its current status as Im thinking of buying one...unless someone can suggest a better option at that price..? Im looking for an 88 key, not hammer (too heavy) neither synth action, somewhere in the middle so velocity matters but again without the weight.

Thanks guys

Whirlwind

16 Aug 2019

This is the response from Nektar, what do you guys think:

“Hi there,

There are no known issues with the velocity performance of black Vs white keys. Black keys are naturally smaller and lighter and as such take slightly less force to press down (this is the same as on an acoustic piano).

I think the comments regarding black Vs white keys were based on a very old batch of the previous LX88 keybed which has been remedied a long time ago.

I'm not sure what driver you might be referring to as the device is class compliant and doesn't use a driver.

Best Regards,”

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Sep 2019

Whirlwind wrote:
16 Aug 2019
This is the response from Nektar, what do you guys think:

“Hi there,

There are no known issues with the velocity performance of black Vs white keys. Black keys are naturally smaller and lighter and as such take slightly less force to press down (this is the same as on an acoustic piano).

I think the comments regarding black Vs white keys were based on a very old batch of the previous LX88 keybed which has been remedied a long time ago.

I'm not sure what driver you might be referring to as the device is class compliant and doesn't use a driver.

Best Regards,”

I have not made any firmware upgrade. I do not see any on the main account page.
These are semi-weighted keys, either you fix velocities in Reason via midi player, or other softwares, or it will stay like this with this exponential response curve feeling behaviour also on white keys.
nek.PNG
nek.PNG (99.1 KiB) Viewed 194 times

• Information