Novation Bass Station not showing in mixer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
akwright

12 Aug 2019

I'm using it as an external MIDI instrument and it is sounding, controllable from my master keyboard, and from the virtual rack - but why doesn't it show up as an instrument on the mixer, so that I can control (for example) it's pan, etc?

napynap

13 Aug 2019

External MIDI instruments are just MIDI data, not audio, so they won't show in the mixer. Click on Create->Create Audio Track. Then connect the physical audio outputs from your your Novation Bass Station to physical audio inputs on your audio device. In the Sequencer, choose the Audio Track and where it says IN, select the physical input you chose. When you play your Novation it should show up in the meter, and also on the mixer. You can choose to record the audio, or not, but it will still show in the mixer where you can make adjustments like Level, EQ and Pan, etc...
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

akwright

13 Aug 2019

Firstly: thank you so much for responding. Secondly - your explanation was perfect; I understand, and it all works now.

My MIDI chops and conceptualizing are a bit rusty, from having worked entirely within the Reason environment for a long time. It's definitely time to break out my old Ensoniq ESQ and D-550 synths now, though - you have empowered me! Seriously though, I had decided it was time to add some analogue to the mix.

Again - thanks. Allen

• Information