ARCUS Patch Competition

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
starship
RE Developer

16 Jun 2019

Sweet on all the patches!
Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2019
What i just miss, is a bit more control of the input, curving, a freaking Gate+Note input on ARCUS, ...for each Knob (cannot believe i said that...). But can easily be handled with multiple devices.

Additionally i am currently trying to generate an Envelope - not sure, if this is possible...i will see. In the meantime, have fun with this:
Hmm.. Yeah, I wanted it to have more direct mods and curve options and such, but it's got so little room for anything more. I could page another set of controls out on the front theoretically, like several mod inputs for each that can be assigned via that screen.

So re: more control of the input, like what?

Gates/Notes.. could you just put the gate in one input, the note in another, and then use those as sources? I guess it doesn't have an option to do unipolar inputs, maybe it needs that.

In general I really wanted to keep it 1U and made a lot of decisions to not add something or other b/c of it. I mean it's a derivative, sorta, a streamlined and reworked version of something else I'm working on, missing a ton of features but adding a few things that I figured out in the process. And at one point, I was like, OK, self, no more new features, just get it in the shop. Shit! Crack that whip, etc. ;)

Loque

16 Jun 2019

starship wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Sweet on all the patches!
Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2019
What i just miss, is a bit more control of the input, curving, a freaking Gate+Note input on ARCUS, ...for each Knob (cannot believe i said that...). But can easily be handled with multiple devices.

Additionally i am currently trying to generate an Envelope - not sure, if this is possible...i will see. In the meantime, have fun with this:
Hmm.. Yeah, I wanted it to have more direct mods and curve options and such, but it's got so little room for anything more. I could page another set of controls out on the front theoretically, like several mod inputs for each that can be assigned via that screen.

So re: more control of the input, like what?

Gates/Notes.. could you just put the gate in one input, the note in another, and then use those as sources? I guess it doesn't have an option to do unipolar inputs, maybe it needs that.

In general I really wanted to keep it 1U and made a lot of decisions to not add something or other b/c of it. I mean it's a derivative, sorta, a streamlined and reworked version of something else I'm working on, missing a ton of features but adding a few things that I figured out in the process. And at one point, I was like, OK, self, no more new features, just get it in the shop. Shit! Crack that whip, etc. ;)
Ah, yea, you are right, I can directly use Gate+Note as input on the back. Just wanted to have it as a MIDI player to put out CV signals - maybe this is more a task of a envelope device in some cases. Guess i did not really reached the limits now, just have headaches :-D
Reason12, Win10

starship
RE Developer

16 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Ah, yea, you are right, I can directly use Gate+Note as input on the back. Just wanted to have it as a MIDI player to put out CV signals - maybe this is more a task of a envelope device in some cases. Guess i did not really reached the limits now, just have headaches :-D
And the sources have entries for just using the knob mod inputs, if that helps.

I mean don't get me wrong, I want to hear your suggestions! :)

zoidkirb

27 Jun 2019

another subtractor combi to prove to the world there is life in it yet! i tried for a dubstep lead with smooth pitch and wobble controls. you could definitly make it a lot more savage by swapping or adding to the mclass eq and the pulverizer for something more modern eq synapse gq7 and izotope trash 2.
Attachments
Zoidkirb - SubT - Bass-Lead - Easy Dubstep Dreams.zip
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

starship
RE Developer

28 Jun 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
27 Jun 2019
another subtractor combi to prove to the world there is life in it yet! i tried for a dubstep lead with smooth pitch and wobble controls. you could definitly make it a lot more savage by swapping or adding to the mclass eq and the pulverizer for something more modern eq synapse gq7 and izotope trash 2.
cool!

starship
RE Developer

05 Jul 2019

Yo. The contest has officially ended. Give me some time to organize this, and I'll be PMing some of you. :)

If anyone has any more patches, feel free to drop 'em in here. I'm taking my time. :) I.e. the contest is over but I'm lazy, so *shrug*. :)

Loque

05 Jul 2019

😂 This is out off space...
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Jul 2019
😂 This is out off space...
I was busy melting these days, nice LFO's there :thumbs_up:

starship
RE Developer

12 Aug 2019

Yo!

Props' just got back from vacation :) and approved the new ARCUS version with these patches. I put this off... and finished it *just* as they went on vacation. Oops!

I decided to just give a KRON to the 2 participants who didn't already own it, b/c everyone else here is a beta tester. :) Also included some patches sent by other beta testers during development. I couldn't really decide who was "the winner", so f' it. :) :)

And I lowered the price of the ARCUS to 15.

Thanks to everyone who participated!!

Cheers!

MannequinRaces

12 Aug 2019

You’re a good dude Starship.

starship
RE Developer

12 Aug 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
12 Aug 2019
You’re a good dude Starship.
:) definitely a lazy dude, for sure. :)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2019

Guess I have entered the Starship now. Intimidating look, but I'll read the manual, :lol: Thanks!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

12 Aug 2019

starship wrote:
12 Aug 2019
Yo!

Props' just got back from vacation :) and approved the new ARCUS version with these patches. I put this off... and finished it *just* as they went on vacation. Oops!

I decided to just give a KRON to the 2 participants who didn't already own it, b/c everyone else here is a beta tester. :) Also included some patches sent by other beta testers during development. I couldn't really decide who was "the winner", so f' it. :) :)

And I lowered the price of the ARCUS to 15.

Thanks to everyone who participated!!

Cheers!
Generous decision! With Kron, not with the vacation thing 😜

The beta testers had a little advantage turning their head around with ARCUS 😊
Reason12, Win10

zoidkirb

12 Aug 2019

Whoah KRON! Now I need to win a couple of weeks off to learn it haha. I think it was the first thing I said about ARCUS and it's still true but this thing pretty much largely nullifies my want for a combinator 2.0 and in fact I often find I've done some pretty complicated cv routing before even needing to touch the combi's rotaties.

starship
RE Developer

12 Aug 2019

:)

FWIW, I'm working on a big bug fix update to the KRON (mostly re: custom waveforms). Almost done.

And my eternal gratitude to you, Loque. I owe you one!

re: combi 2.0 thoughts: Oh, yeah, for sure. That's sorta what I was going for: a tool to help make combi patches.

re: you're in the starship now: ;) So far, no users have discovered the secret wormhole-drive activation button! ;)

jam-s

12 Aug 2019

*sing*

you're in the starship now
Oho, oh, you're in the starship now

Handgrenades flying over your head

Missiles flying over your head
If you want to survive get out of bed
You're in the starship now
Oh, oh, you're in the starship, now...

;)

• Information