[Wholesome topic] What do you LOVE about Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
diminished
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2019

We all spit a lot of acid, not in the 303 or rap sense, but in regards to Reason's and PH's shortcomings.

So with Reason 11 around the corner, I'd like to celebrate the fact that Reason is now old enough to drive a car in Europe. That's pretty long for a software in a market so competitive and thirsty for innovation.

I'd like to hear from you what's the one thing you absolutely adore in and about Reason.

Only nice posts allowed.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Lov2sing

12 Aug 2019

I like working in a live studio, and Reason gives that feel to a degree.
We make music for a reason

MannequinRaces

12 Aug 2019

The Rack. Sound design options to last a lifetime.

Spryx

12 Aug 2019

The ease by which native plugins (REs) can be installed and upgraded.
latest:

Spaceship

12 Aug 2019

How fast and easy it is to create new song ideas. The CV system. The look.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2019

I love the CV system. The modularity really pushes me to experiment with new ideas.

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2019

For me it's the backwards compatibility. And that you have everything in one place and don't even need any third party device to bring you years over years of joy. Reason's the most versatile tool there is. And the fact that Europa is included in Reason (in Reason Lite, even!) is just mindblowing.
If you ask me what the best deal/purchase in the Reason universe is, it's Reason itself.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2019

Oh and PHs youtube videos are the very very best in terms of educational content, entertainment and reducing anxiety towards the complexity of all things audio. If they don't help upcoming musicians, I don't know what will. A big thumbs up to all parties involved in the creation of these.

Loque

12 Aug 2019

I guess i like the skeuomorphism, even if it has limitations. just let me imagine, i sit in a real studio...I can work very quick and can make weird stuff. I like to experiment in unusual ways and Reason is perfect for that.
Reason12, Win10

Karim
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2019

Almost everything.
But its peculiarity that made me use it since 2000 is: inspirational, a workflow that makes me start a song from
A to Z up to the mastering (as well as the publication)

No other daws gives me this efficiency and has turned my passion into a real job :thumbs_up:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

reggie1979

12 Aug 2019

That it works. That's why I started a thread about every time I open it.

reggie1979

12 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
12 Aug 2019
Oh and PHs youtube videos are the very very best in terms of educational content, entertainment and reducing anxiety towards the complexity of all things audio. If they don't help upcoming musicians, I don't know what will. A big thumbs up to all parties involved in the creation of these.
They are really good. The groove three one on reason 10 is terrific as well if you have a membership. A lot of little things I picked up though most of it I already know.

guitfnky

12 Aug 2019

there’s literally nothing else like it, in terms of inspiration. you have a sound in your head, you can make it happen, even with just the base devices. and if you don’t have the knowhow to get the sound out of your head, you can still always find (or build) something cool anyway.

in many ways, its simplicity is its greatest asset. it’s lean, uncomplicated, and easy to understand, but in a way that scales with you, without being limiting.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

gullum

12 Aug 2019

It makes me feel like I am in a studio, the rack everything is in one place, not hundreds of windows to keep track of when working. Since Rekord was released I have not had any other DAW on my computers. I love Reason for the way it is

owlymane

12 Aug 2019

Its organized structure. Its unique GUI. The fact that it NEVER had bugs for me on Windows ever since I use it since 2006. I also love the Props team. Always up for innovation. The VST integration made me loyal to this DAW even more than I already am.

I got introduced to this sofware by my cousin who was into Death Metal, IDM music and Drill n' Bass back then , I was more of a techno-head and he still managed to convince me that visually this is the best DAW that I'll ever use. Tried Pro Tools, Cubase, Fruity Loops (back then), Reaper, Ableton. All great and up for any task. But none as stunningly organized and visually expressive as Reason.

motuscott

12 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
12 Aug 2019
in many ways, its simplicity is its greatest asset. it’s lean, uncomplicated, and easy to understand, but in a way that scales with you, without being limiting.
We're not to speak this aloud. Plz read the user/Stockholm agreement thingy
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Steedus
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2019

The rack, the cables (mostly audio, don't mess with CV much at all), and the workflow.

rgdaniel

12 Aug 2019

My wife once suggested I show Reason to a guest, saying "Show him how the wires wiggle back and forth". So no mystery what HER favourite thing about Reason is.

reddust

12 Aug 2019

I love working with the rack because hardware racks were the way to go when I started making music and this way I kind of keep some connection to my first days as a musician and also the freedom it gives you, making Reason similar to some kind of musical LEGO game

Spaceship

12 Aug 2019

The potential for intra-channel distortions is immense. I'm trying to create a lot of interactions between my different tracks, to "glue" them. Reason works best for me.

Sidechain compression is easy, audio rate filter modulation with Pulveriser is outstanding, and you can convert audio to CV to modulate all sorts of parameters. There are lots of interesting ways to split audio, so there is never a lack of modulation sources.

The modeled hardware approach results in great visual feedback. All routings are visible. It is very convenient.

reggie1979

12 Aug 2019

The mixer inside a mixer approach can be quite satisfying for creative thinking. FL and mulab have this (and Tracktion) in a different form but there is something about that rack-based way that makes you feel (even if it's faux) that hardware vibe.

craven

12 Aug 2019

I love the stability and playfulness of Reason. I tried different DAWs back in the day but none captured the creativity I felt with Reason. Even though it does not run as smooth on my new MacBook as it did on the PC, I have a severe case of Stockholm syndrome :)
:ugeek:

jam-s

12 Aug 2019

Reason helps me from filling my room with hardware as the virtual rack is really space efficient ;)

Jackjackdaw

13 Aug 2019

The shop is awesome. The Re ecosystem works so well with the trials and the rent to own. Video and audio demos of everything and all purchases backed up and easily restored. And the confidence that every device will be rock solid stable and 100% integrated.

dvdrtldg

13 Aug 2019

Back of the motherfucking rack

• Information