A Brass/Horns RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

How interested are you in a brass/horns REs?

Very Interested
50%
Somewhat Interested
43%
Not Interested
7%

Total votes: 30
JJones07

12 Aug 2019

Will there ever be a sample based horns/brass RE? Something like saxophones, trumpets, trombones etc... I have a feeling that should be the next logical RE. They re-released bass, drums, pianos and we have plenty of synths. I really think that is all that is missing from a RE perspective, real instruments. Would you guys want/need/welcome real instrument RE, specifically horns/brass, or am I in the minority here? What's the pulse here on that?

I really want to purchase that Eastwest Hollywood Pop Brass, but I have a feeling a month or two later Propellerhead will release one as well...

Anyways this is my first post but, I've been looking as a guest forever. What's up everybody.

Yonatan

13 Aug 2019

Agree. would love for say "e-instruments lab GmbH" to make a brass-section version simular to StringWerk. They are on Native Instruments, but am not a big fan of the whole NI-investment. Would want it as an RE to just drag in and play.

kitekrazy

14 Aug 2019

JJones07 wrote:
12 Aug 2019
Will there ever be a sample based horns/brass RE? Something like saxophones, trumpets, trombones etc... I have a feeling that should be the next logical RE. They re-released bass, drums, pianos and we have plenty of synths. I really think that is all that is missing from a RE perspective, real instruments. Would you guys want/need/welcome real instrument RE, specifically horns/brass, or am I in the minority here? What's the pulse here on that?

I really want to purchase that Eastwest Hollywood Pop Brass, but I have a feeling a month or two later Propellerhead will release one as well...

Anyways this is my first post but, I've been looking as a guest forever. What's up everybody.
Zero-G Phantom Horns might get you by.

I would not go with an RE because there isn't a practical option to place the samples. I wouldn't hold my breath on Reason putting one out.

motuscott

14 Aug 2019

Fond of this one.
You kids get that freakin' sousaphone off my lawn...
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/pro ... age-horns/
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

JJones07

15 Aug 2019

I have the Vintage Horns Refill. I do love it don't get me wrong, I just want another layer of sax and brass sounds to my arsenal. I don't know, I think my ears are just too familiar with those sounds I guess.

But I have reached out to e-instruments lab GmbH, I think there is at least a chance we get one, who knows when though.

"Great to hear about your interest in a possible Horns rack extension. We have not really made up our mind about this right now. So I cannot give you a definitive answer on this. But we hear you."

• Information