Attack Decay Simulator for Guitar

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popnfrsh24

09 Aug 2019

Hey there,

I have been listening to Fleetwood Mac's Dreams recently, and thought about that guitar in it. Am I able to achieve the attack decay through playing my guitar thru a device in Reason? Is there a clever way to achieve this?

I'm looking for the same effect that this pedal has when he actually plays the fleetwood mac song (2 min 9 sec).

Thankya,

Pop

guitfnky

09 Aug 2019

you should probably be able to get there, or pretty close with a Pulveriser. use the envelope follower section and send it to the volume (instead of to the filter, which would give you an envelope wah).
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

calebbrennan

10 Aug 2019

"Popnfrsh24"

I've been a big proponent in trying to emulate electro harmonix pedals in reason
I've gotten very close using the pulverizer for attack envelope but no cigar
,polar for pitch and
scream overdrive/ tape
I've created some amazing patches

But EHX does it better with this pedal

I wish Propellerheads would partner with EHX to sell a Rack Extension of famous Ehx guitar for the recording artist

Guitarist will still buy their pedals

mjxl

10 Aug 2019

You could try DEG-2 to create the envelope https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... generator/

It has attack/decay parameters together with a scale per envelope

Popnfrsh24

10 Aug 2019

cool thanks for all the info!

diminished
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2019

I'm no guitar player but that's one damn fine and versatile pedal.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Popnfrsh24

10 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
09 Aug 2019
you should probably be able to get there, or pretty close with a Pulveriser. use the envelope follower section and send it to the volume (instead of to the filter, which would give you an envelope wah).
I am trying to do this, but I am 2 dumb to figure this out. Can you help me with what I have to do inside the Pulveriser? I can't figure it out.

ljekio

11 Aug 2019

For decay effect you can use any of transient shapers.
IMO best of that is kilohearts plugin.

guitfnky

11 Aug 2019

Popnfrsh24 wrote:
10 Aug 2019
guitfnky wrote:
09 Aug 2019
I am trying to do this, but I am 2 dumb to figure this out. Can you help me with what I have to do inside the Pulveriser? I can't figure it out.
apologies, I had that wrong...I could’ve sworn you could send the envelope directly to the filter or the volume, but it goes to the filter or the *rate* of the oscillator. you can send the oscillator to volume, but that won’t get you what you need. sorry about that.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Popnfrsh24

11 Aug 2019

ljekio wrote:
11 Aug 2019

For decay effect you can use any of transient shapers.
IMO best of that is kilohearts plugin.
Sweet! I think this will work great!

Zac

11 Aug 2019

For the Fleetwood Mac attack effect this seems to be working...
attack env.zip
(43.66 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Ive got a dr rex playing a chord instead of guitar input. Just copy the pulveriser and thor into the insert box of your audio track (guitar) and make sure they are connected to the device in/out jacks.

Then adjust the attack etc on Thors Global envelope.

It's a reason 10 file btw.

• Information