Predicting Reason 11’s release date

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jam-s

09 Aug 2019

If I remember correctly the betas were about one month closed beta and then another month open beta.

diminished
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
09 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
09 Aug 2019
How long have beta periods typically lasted in the past? Anyone got any data?

No specific reason why I'm asking.
:cool:
sounds like you know something? :)
Not really, just playing games in my mind right now.. simulating the ifs and thens ...

You know what's funny - some things are only considered leaks once they're deleted. The deletion is the confirmation.

Yet a deletion would leave a hypothetical bitter taste, considering a forum - not run by the developer of a product - should be independent, don't you think?

Especially if there were no NDAs violated, which would be a reasonable cause for deletion.

If any of that would ever happen, Reason 11 is already in beta.

I really hope for such an incident.

Edit: And if such an incident would happen, I wish there was someone who told the others about it. Someone with the confidence of knowing that at least 5 people witnessed this incident, too.

Edit2: Because I'm interested in how many people I can reach with my hypothetical thoughts, this post needs a counter:
320px-Leek.jpg
320px-Leek.jpg (17.76 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

VariableX

10 Aug 2019

mate you r trippin!
you are on summit 😂
peace 👍🏼

motuscott

10 Aug 2019

mmm, leeks.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

boingy

10 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
10 Aug 2019
... considering a forum - not run by the developer of a product - should be independent, don't you think?
100% YES.
And it's not the first time I have thought it about this forum.

So, mid-October then....

fieldframe
RE Developer

10 Aug 2019

Looking all the way back to version 4, we can actually see a pattern:

10 10/25/2017
9 6/21/2016
8 9/30/2014
7 4/30/2013
6 9/30/2011
5 8/25/2010
4 9/26/2007

Almost half of the releases over the past 12 years are in the last week of September. One is a month earlier, and another is a month later. That leaves only three versions that don’t fall within the August to October timeframe, and none that aren’t in or close to the last week of the month. So given that we’re a little past when we might expect a new version, that we’re also heading into Reason’s traditional release season, and that announcements tend to come about a month before release, which tends to be near the end of a month...

I think this means we’ll see an announcement the last week in August with Reason 11 hitting retail the last week of September. If it’s Tuesdays, that would be 8/27 and 9/24 respectively.

reggie1979

10 Aug 2019

I think I'm going to be right, or REALLY close!

owlymane

10 Aug 2019

fieldframe wrote:
10 Aug 2019
Looking all the way back to version 4, we can actually see a pattern:

10 10/25/2017
9 6/21/2016
8 9/30/2014
7 4/30/2013
6 9/30/2011
5 8/25/2010
4 9/26/2007

Almost half of the releases over the past 12 years are in the last week of September. One is a month earlier, and another is a month later. That leaves only three versions that don’t fall within the August to October timeframe, and none that aren’t in or close to the last week of the month. So given that we’re a little past when we might expect a new version, that we’re also heading into Reason’s traditional release season, and that announcements tend to come about a month before release, which tends to be near the end of a month...

I think this means we’ll see an announcement the last week in August with Reason 11 hitting retail the last week of September. If it’s Tuesdays, that would be 8/27 and 9/24 respectively.
Great interpretation and totally makes sense. It would be just great if it's the case! :thumbs_up:

cylive

27 Aug 2019

Hi everybody
I am writing here, because I have no other way to communicate may ideas to Propellerhaead.
I like reason11, but its als just like a stupid joke to me.

I would like to cREATE "rEASON sTUDIO" and "Reason Robot" as realy revolutionary innovatios,
that you cannot sind anywhre else in the DAW /VST world.
Also I get idea for innoative simple Hardware device, that will also change the DAW world.

Has anyone of you connection with reason decision makers?
My new products would be easy to make, for them.
If anybody can propose to me a security sytem, I am ready to reveal details.

Hope to find somebody to help moving the DAW world into a new Dimension of Musicmaking

Benno Rangani

diminished
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2019

cylive wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Hi everybody
I am writing here, because I have no other way to communicate may ideas to Propellerhaead.
I like reason11, but its als just like a stupid joke to me.

I would like to cREATE "rEASON sTUDIO" and "Reason Robot" as realy revolutionary innovatios,
that you cannot sind anywhre else in the DAW /VST world.
Also I get idea for innoative simple Hardware device, that will also change the DAW world.

Has anyone of you connection with reason decision makers?
My new products would be easy to make, for them.
If anybody can propose to me a security sytem, I am ready to reveal details.

Hope to find somebody to help moving the DAW world into a new Dimension of Musicmaking

Benno Rangani
https://www.propellerheads.com/contact
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

• Information