Any Slipknot fans here? New album released

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2019

Slipknot just released their new album today (9 August).
Here's one of the new tracks.

I used to be quite obsessed with them during my teenage years. Even though I'm not as fanatic as I was back then I still like them.

mjxl

10 Aug 2019

Fuck yeah !

I'm not a metalhead at all ( I prefer Psytrance [ and Techno/Minimal/DnB/all things electronic] ) but Slipknot has hit all the right spots for me ever since Wait & Bleed.

And the new album, phew what a blast. Take Orphan, it's Corey's life story (one of them at least) and what a crazy angry track that makes.

xylyx

10 Aug 2019

Listened to the singles they released in the run up to the album release and will be getting the album. Seeing them live is also something I need to cross off my bucket list...had hoped to see them at the Download festival in June but an event that couldn't be changed meant that I couldn't go :(

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2019

mjxl wrote:
10 Aug 2019
And the new album, phew what a blast. Take Orphan, it's Corey's life story (one of them at least) and what a crazy angry track that makes.
Yeah I've listened to the new album through about 3 times. Each time it grows on me a little more, which is always a plus. Overall I quite like it.
I feel like the band really got some new energy for this release. I love how they incorparate all the extra percussive elements and weird samples/synths a lot more on this record.
From 2019 live clips I've seen they also seem to be killing it. Coreys vocals are really strong right now. His voice is on the same intesity level as on Self titled and Iowa which is just awesome.

diminished
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2019

While I dig the music, a few years ago I watched an interview with Slipknot by the legendary Nardwuar.
It kinda destroyed all sympathy I had for the band and their image.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
10 Aug 2019
While I dig the music, a few years ago I watched an interview with Slipknot by the legendary Nardwuar.
It kinda destroyed all sympathy I had for the band and their image.
Sure they might be a little grumpy and off-putting here, but I wouldn't discard the band because of that. Sometimes they can take themselves too seriously, especially Clown.
They seem to be more easy going and pleasant in more recent interviews.
Still, great music and that's what matters, to me anyway.

• Information