Delta MIDI Computer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mjxl

07 Aug 2019

Here's 2 patches:

1) SplitBWK splits the Black and White keys from each other for further manipulation.
In the patch the Black keys are transposed up, the White ones transposed down.
I have a small MIDI keyboard (25 keys) , this way I use it with Chordbank to trigger Scales I've set on the black keys and use the white keys to play C3 and above. < redoing this
DeltaMIDI-BWK.jpg
DeltaMIDI-BWK.jpg (161.68 KiB) Viewed 4192 times

2) Oxygen25PadFixer routes my drum pads to the correct notes for use with Kong/ReDrum/Umpf etc.
Incoming notes are filtered with the ' If ' module and corrected via ' Set Note '.
DeltaMIDI-Pad25Fix.jpg
DeltaMIDI-Pad25Fix.jpg (182.17 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Enjoy :thumbs_up:
Attachments
DeltaMIDI.zip
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Last edited by mjxl on 08 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Catblack

08 Aug 2019

Wow, mjxi, that Oxygen25PadFixer is pretty amazing. A very useful patch for sure!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

mjxl

08 Aug 2019

Catblack wrote:
08 Aug 2019
Wow, mjxi, that Oxygen25PadFixer is pretty amazing. A very useful patch for sure!
I know right, I'm doing an EPIC Combinator for people with Chordbank. I'll finish it after work tomorrow :thumbs_up:

demt

09 Aug 2019

its the best yet i'd hire a proffesional designer to tart up and make sexy the GUI as it still looks a bit unproffesional and amater though it works like a dream,yup new skins would help
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Spaceship

09 Aug 2019

Delta MIDI computer is one of the best and nicest looking Rack Extensions.

friday

09 Aug 2019

Actually I am experimenting a lot with Delta! It is a burner tool!!

Two things that poped up until i was experimenting:

1.) Would be cool to have a Node with only 2 Outputs where you can define in steps when the second Output should be used. I know i can do that with the Switch Node. But if i want to transpose every 6 note only, i need to cable 6 outputs.

2.) I do a lot with velocity manipulation with Delta. But have no visual feedback for the velocity result. Is there really no player that shows the velocity? I only found Players that show the note on a keyboard, but no velocity?

Socram
RE Developer

09 Aug 2019

mjxl wrote:
07 Aug 2019
Here's 2 patches, enjoy :thumbs_up:
Very cool and great uses of Delta, thanks for sharing! I will be responding to your PM shortly.
demt wrote:
09 Aug 2019
its the best yet i'd hire a proffesional designer to tart up and make sexy the GUI as it still looks a bit unproffesional and amater though it works like a dream,yup new skins would help
Glad to hear you're liking Delta. Do you mind being a bit more specific with your issues with the GUI? The custom display is limited in its drawing capabilities and I'm already pushing it to its limits to achieve things like custom Node icons and bezier curves for connections, but if you have some specific suggestions I can see about implementing them. I quite like how it turned out personally :)
friday wrote:
09 Aug 2019
Actually I am experimenting a lot with Delta! It is a burner tool!!

Two things that poped up until i was experimenting:

1.) Would be cool to have a Node with only 2 Outputs where you can define in steps when the second Output should be used. I know i can do that with the Switch Node. But if i want to transpose every 6 note only, i need to cable 6 outputs.

2.) I do a lot with velocity manipulation with Delta. But have no visual feedback for the velocity result. Is there really no player that shows the velocity? I only found Players that show the note on a keyboard, but no velocity?
Thanks for the suggestions!

1) Yes there is a Node coming in the first major free update called the "Clock Divider" (name comes from a Eurorack concept) that solves exactly this problem. Customizable number of outputs between 1 and 4, with a "division" value between 1 and 64 that is set for each. There is a Beta for this Node and some other changes, let me know if you're interested in checking it out a little early, it should be coming out sometimes around the middle of this month.

2) I have a future Node planned called "MIDI Visualizer" that basically shows the last Note Number and Velocity to pass through it, will mark your request down as a "vote" for it. I also plan on adding Velocity visualization to another Player of mine called Chord Detector, but no ETA on that yet.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

geronimo

09 Aug 2019

Socram wrote:
09 Aug 2019

Thanks for the suggestions!

1) Yes there is a Node coming in the first major free update called the "Clock Divider" (name comes from a Eurorack concept) that solves exactly this problem.
Nice that's what I was trying to ask but could not explain myself.
I look forward to that. :thumbs_up:

PhillipOrdonez

09 Aug 2019

Wow, looking forward to that clock divider node!!!

mjxl

10 Aug 2019

Had to simplify my original idea a little bit, I've rewired it a fair amount of times but reached the max item count every single time XD

Here's the Delta/Chordbank Combinator, 4 drumpads swap through 21 scales in Chordbank. (they also send the notes to CV for more manipulation/CV into combinator)
I've put in JiggeryPokery's TMA-1 to display what the scales are.
DeltaMIDI-Chordbank21Scales.png
DeltaMIDI-Chordbank21Scales.png (446.52 KiB) Viewed 3738 times

diminished
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2019

mjxl wrote:
10 Aug 2019
Here's the Delta/Chordbank Combinator, 4 drumpads swap through 21 scales in Chordbank. (they also send the notes to CV for more manipulation/CV into combinator)
Help a brother out, what does it do?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

mjxl

10 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
10 Aug 2019
mjxl wrote:
10 Aug 2019
Help a brother out, what does it do?
In Chordbank I have 21 Scales, they are normally triggered by pressing C1 to B2.
Now you play in a scale as normal but instead of using C1-B2 to change the scales, you can use the Drumpads on your keyboard.
So tapping Drumpad1 will jump through Scales 1-> 6, Pad2 Scales 7-12, Pad3 13-17 and Pad4 18-21.

The first split (the If module) transpose everything 2 octaves up from C1 (which then ofcourse becomes C3) , you can then transpose 24 down in Chordbank to be able to use everything from C1 as normal keys.

This is useful for small keyboards, but even a full size keyboard will benefit from this, since you can now still play C1 and up to play, instead of missing those 2 octaves to swap scales in Chordbank.
Last edited by mjxl on 10 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2019

Ah, very nice, thanks!

One more question, I have an AKAI MPK mini 2. If I recall correctly, the drumpads correspond to notes. How is your combinator differentiating between the drum pads and the keys, if they transmit the same MIDI?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

mjxl

10 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
10 Aug 2019
Ah, very nice, thanks!

One more question, I have an AKAI MPK mini 2. If I recall correctly, the drumpads correspond to notes. How is your combinator differentiating between the drum pads and the keys, if they transmit the same MIDI?
I have an M-Audio keyboard, the drumpads are assigned to *grabs notes*
(1 to 8 in this order) C-1, D-1, F#-1, A#-1, D0, A-1, D#0 and C#0

Now the first "If" Node filters so that C1 and up go directly out (also transposed 2 octaves) , everything below C1 goes through more "If" Nodes to filter each pad.
So in this particular combinator I use 4 "If" Nodes: C-1, D-1, F#-1 and A#-1 :)

These each have a "Set Note" Node directly after, makes the pads react as C-1=C1, D-1=F#1, F#-1=C2 and A#-1=F2.
They then run in the Sequential Switch, which steps through (in case of Pad1) C1, C#1, D1, D#1, E1, F1 and goes back to C1.
Hope this demystifies those wires ;D

//edit: I'm already considering doing stuff slightly different (swap all SetNote/Transpose for SetVelocity and use Velocity outputs via CV to go through the combinator)
I'll see how that works out :P

mjxl

10 Aug 2019

And then this happens randomly haha, what the fuck Delta? You drunk?
DeltaIsDrunk.png
DeltaIsDrunk.png (511.42 KiB) Viewed 3679 times

Bes
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2019

i have had other player devices do this when inside a combinator. i don't remember what caused it for me
- Certified Reason expert

artotaku

11 Aug 2019

Bes wrote:
10 Aug 2019
i have had other player devices do this when inside a combinator. i don't remember what caused it for me
It´s obviously a bug with player devices inside a combinator. And happens e. g. when you duplicate a player device inside a combinator.

Socram
RE Developer

11 Aug 2019

Huh that's interesting! I haven't ever seen that but please report it to Propellerheads, especially if you can figure out a consistent way to reproduce it.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

mjxl

12 Aug 2019

Socram wrote:
11 Aug 2019
Huh that's interesting! I haven't ever seen that but please report it to Propellerheads, especially if you can figure out a consistent way to reproduce it.
Like artotaku said, it happened on duping the player for me too :0

dpcoffin

12 Aug 2019

mjxl wrote:
10 Aug 2019
Had to simplify my original idea a little bit, I've rewired it a fair amount of times but reached the max item count every single time XD

I've put in JiggeryPokery's TMA-1 to display what the scales are.
Combinator - DeltaMIDI+ChordBank (4DrumpadsTo21Scales) - mjxl.zip

Thanks for this! I wonder if you'd also be able to post the Delta patch separately? I'm still using the trial version, which the combinator doesn't recognize, and when I drag in the trial version, of course it doesn't have the patch…TIA!

artotaku

12 Aug 2019

mjxl wrote:
12 Aug 2019
Socram wrote:
11 Aug 2019
Actually it is only reproducable when a player device is duplicated either by shortcut CTRL-D or by the "Duplicate" action in the context menu. It does not happen when pressing CTRL while dragging and dropping the player.

mjxl

12 Aug 2019

artotaku wrote:
12 Aug 2019
mjxl wrote:
12 Aug 2019

Actually it is only reproducable when a player device is duplicated either by shortcut CTRL-D or by the "Duplicate" action in the context menu. It does not happen when pressing CTRL while dragging and dropping the player.
Yep I used Ctrl+D, since that's the fastest in most cases :0

Socram
RE Developer

21 Aug 2019

Hey guys! The 1.1.0 patch is now live, so be sure to update!

Here's a list of the changes:

New Node: Clock Divider
Huge Improvements to Wiring/Connecting interaction

Improved Hotkeys list on back of the device
Input and Output Nodes are now color coded green and red respectively on Mini Map
Improved Merger/Splitter Visual
Fix for awkward snap when dragging a Node larger than the grid size
Fix for Mac users having cutoff "Play Dry Event" parameter text for Delay Node
Added a few new patches and updated manual

The manual has been updated with information on Clock Divider, as well as the Basics patches. I should have an unscripted overview video up in the coming days going over the node and a few of these changes as well.

Note, I've been notified that once again the manual is taking a bit to show up and work... this is an issue with PH's end, I will upload the manual to here tonight as soon as I can. Sorry about that!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Socram
RE Developer

21 Aug 2019

Here's the V1.1 Manual with the Clock Divider Node Reference added as it still has not propagated on the Shop page apparently.

www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MannequinRaces

21 Aug 2019

Sweet! Thanks. Looking forward to checking this out and more updates of course. ;)

• Information