Grain Sample Manipulator....preview edits in real time?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DaBurner

09 Aug 2019

I have seen a few different videos on youtube and I can't seem to figure it out. Everyone makes edits and plays them back in real time instantly to preview the sound they just made. What's the preview button? Whenever I hit play I just get the same clip back unedited... What am I doing wrong here? I'm new to DAW's and still on my trial of Reason 10. Liking it, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of options and controls. I just want to play back my samples after edits and I'm not sure how. Nor do I know how to put that edited sample into the sequencer... I'm trying to learn a lot in 30 days.

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2019

Not sure what you mean but you have to differentiate between the sample Grain uses (which you can preview) and the output of the synth.

My guess is that they just press a button on their keyboard to "preview" (=play the synth)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2019

It would be helpful if you linked the video(s) in question, by the way.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

• Information