Loom 11 - $14.99 Pluginboutique

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

08 Aug 2019

I feel like I should like this synth. I'm a preset guy, and many of the presets sound nice. But.. and I know it's just me, but I can't get past Air's crappy GUI/UX. I've just never thought that anything they make has ever looked good. I have Loom 1, Hybrid, Xpand2, Velvet, and a crap ton of effects that came with my MPC Live, and most of them look dated and just... eh.

Is it just me? Do you guys think Air's stuff looks good?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

08 Aug 2019

EnochLight wrote:
08 Aug 2019
I feel like I should like this synth. I'm a preset guy, and many of the presets sound nice. But.. and I know it's just me, but I can't get past Air's crappy GUI/UX. I've just never thought that anything they make has ever looked good. I have Loom 1, Hybrid, Xpand2, Velvet, and a crap ton of effects that came with my MPC Live, and most of them look dated and just... eh.

Is it just me? Do you guys think Air's stuff looks good?
The GUIs suck and look bad, but they are working if you give them 30 minutes to understand them. I had a lot of "oh guys....*facepalm*" moments when I realized what the GUI element did and where they were located...
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

08 Aug 2019

Boombastix wrote:
08 Aug 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
08 Aug 2019

nah it's alot more than that... check it on PB
Transfuser2 is almost like "Reason 1.0" in itself. It is quite deep with built in sequencing, slicing, randomization, and it can be used as an FX insert too. The UI is old/small though. Surprisingly few YouTube videos on it considering what it can do...
Thanks seems like a decent summary 👍🏼
I like the idea of things like this rather than standard soft synths.
I like to chop up and mash up and randomise things, then spot a cool run or melody and build up on it.

I have started thinking about all the synths I own and never use when I get GAS, then choose one to play with for a bit. It always fixes my GAS. Last time i fired up sonic Twist i think its called, I actually quite liked it, haven't used it since.

On Airs GUIs, Hybrid was totally dated but I really liked the steampunky vacuum pro.

VariableX

09 Aug 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
08 Aug 2019
Boombastix wrote:
08 Aug 2019

Transfuser2 is almost like "Reason 1.0" in itself. It is quite deep with built in sequencing, slicing, randomization, and it can be used as an FX insert too. The UI is old/small though. Surprisingly few YouTube videos on it considering what it can do...
Thanks seems like a decent summary 👍🏼
I like the idea of things like this rather than standard soft synths.
I like to chop up and mash up and randomise things, then spot a cool run or melody and build up on it.

I have started thinking about all the synths I own and never use when I get GAS, then choose one to play with for a bit. It always fixes my GAS. Last time i fired up sonic Twist i think its called, I actually quite liked it, haven't used it since.

On Airs GUIs, Hybrid was totally dated but I really liked the steampunky vacuum pro.
transfuser 2 is 19euros on vstbuzz

PhutureD

09 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
08 Aug 2019
So are we liking Loom 2 or...
I just want the free Iris 2 and my money is burning a hole in my pocket.
Take Loom for a testdrive. The factory bank patches alone are worth the money spent.

tt_lab

09 Aug 2019

I have loom 1 and bought this loom 2 with this offer + Iris 2 (sweet synth). Bad GUI nice sound design capabilities. a lot of modulation.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2020

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information