Spectra €39 whole of August

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Aug 2019

Spectra Additive ReSynthesizer on sale the whole of August.
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nthesizer/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

01 Aug 2019

Wow...
Reason12, Win10

Mataya

01 Aug 2019

Best sounding synth for me in Reason. Time to finally get it. This one and Parsec also. I guess "digital" synths are mine cup of tea. Great sculpting capabilities.

tx for the heads up.

M

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Aug 2019

It sure sounds nice, but damn I already have enough synths and Parsec is one of them. I used it for 4 projects at best so far.
Another WANT/NONEED situation
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Mataya

01 Aug 2019

To be honest I rarely use synths in my production. I like sample mangling more to get to my sound, but I use synth's in my day job, which includes weird sound design or beautiful sound design in jingles or commercials and I always struggle with analogue emulation synths to get what I want from it. In short if I'm asked to do a crazy sound and a background soundscape type of sound, I always get there much faster and the client is always satisfied when using Parsec or some other vsti i own. It's not that I can't make a sound with subtractor or Viking RE, it just never fits as I would like it to fit. Strange.

Faastwalker

01 Aug 2019

Time to TRY. Skipped over this one previously. Deserves a TRY as it look excellent.

Zerosity

02 Aug 2019

Ya, not sure I've ever trialed this one and I'm kind of tired of Propellerheads never discounting the Parsec upgrade, so I can just buy this at the same price as the upgrade.

Loque

02 Aug 2019

Zerosity wrote:
02 Aug 2019
Ya, not sure I've ever trialed this one and I'm kind of tired of Propellerheads never discounting the Parsec upgrade, so I can just buy this at the same price as the upgrade.
LOL, yea :lol:
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2019

I really like this synth!

Faastwalker

07 Aug 2019

Some crazy shit going on ............ then I lost control. Need to RTFM. But enjoying this synth. Fantastic GUI, amazing, unknown possibilities. Close to buying.

Loque

07 Aug 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
07 Aug 2019
Some crazy shit going on ............ then I lost control. Need to RTFM. But enjoying this synth. Fantastic GUI, amazing, unknown possibilities. Close to buying.
Feel free to ask...maybe someone here can help.
Reason12, Win10

chaosroyale

07 Aug 2019

If you like "electronic/futuristic" type sounds and don't already have Parsec or a very good additive VST, this is an incredible bargain. Really good synth, well designed, easy to use (relative to the possibilities) for the price of 10 coffees at starbucks? fantastic value. Only possible mark against it is that Europa can cover a lot of the same territory, but the different UI of each synth may inspire you in different ways. Very impressive debut machine from what I believe is a one-man outfit.

MannequinRaces

07 Aug 2019

Time to try this one! Do I need another synth, not really but damn this looks cool.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Aug 2019

chaosroyale wrote:
07 Aug 2019
If you like "electronic/futuristic" type sounds and don't already have Parsec or a very good additive VST, this is an incredible bargain. Really good synth, well designed, easy to use (relative to the possibilities) for the price of 10 coffees at starbucks? fantastic value. Only possible mark against it is that Europa can cover a lot of the same territory, but the different UI of each synth may inspire you in different ways. Very impressive debut machine from what I believe is a one-man outfit.
Another way to look at it is: You get 400 patches for $40 bucks, about the same you pay for a couple of patch packs to any synth when it is on sale (10 cent/patch). Only difference is, they throw in the synth for free! :shock:

Since they have the spectral engine developed I hope the invent some musically sound mangling FX with LFO's and Sequenced curves like Massive X and Spire, and a bunch of spectral FX that can be used on acoustic instruments and vocals. I haven't seen anything in that space AFAIK.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

08 Aug 2019

Boombastix wrote:
08 Aug 2019
chaosroyale wrote:
07 Aug 2019
Another way to look at it is: You get 400 patches for $40 bucks, about the same you pay for a couple of patch packs to any synth when it is on sale (10 cent/patch). Only difference is, they throw in the synth for free! :shock:

Since they have the spectral engine developed I hope the invent some musically sound mangling FX with LFO's and Sequenced curves like Massive X and Spire, and a bunch of spectral FX that can be used on acoustic instruments and vocals. I haven't seen anything in that space AFAIK.
I hoped for some fx too or a separate morph filter. A bit quiet around the dev atm and it took several years to finish the synth, so i don't expect too much in the next time.
Reason12, Win10

eXode

08 Aug 2019

Boombastix wrote:
08 Aug 2019
Do you mean a little like Spectre?
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ral-delay/

Loque

08 Aug 2019

eXode wrote:
08 Aug 2019
Boombastix wrote:
08 Aug 2019
I think it sounds pretty bad...

I bought https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ecops.html a while ago for a uber cheap price, but did not yet tried it yet - lol
Reason12, Win10

synthetechsound
RE Developer

08 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Aug 2019

I hoped for some fx too or a separate morph filter. A bit quiet around the dev atm and it took several years to finish the synth, so i don't expect too much in the next time.
I had hoped to include a delay and reverb, but I ended up prioritising all of the sp3ctral modulation and morph sequencing and when I got around to implementing the fx there wasn’t enough cpu left. Fortunately there are several really cool fx already available. Next time.

Development of spectra did take a long time. Mostly because I did it in evenings and weekends while holding my full time job. I did move to part time in the last year just to try and finish it. It was indeed a one man development show but I really couldn’t have done it without the the beta testers and awesome sound designers. The guys who did the supporting music tracks were all incredibly awesome as well. It was extremely difficult but I loved and enjoyed doing it and I especially enjoyed working with everyone. Props were great too and incredibly supportive. If anyone has questions about it I’m happy to answer as much as I can. :puf_smile:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Aug 2019

eXode wrote:
08 Aug 2019
Boombastix wrote:
08 Aug 2019
Yes, but something musically SWEET and better than that or Unfiltered Audio. Think, Iris 2 or Harmor with picture paint, but driven by modulators and step sequencing, automation curves, and real time re-harmonization and formant shifting.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Faastwalker

08 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
07 Aug 2019
Faastwalker wrote:
07 Aug 2019
Probably a rookie error. I think this one really needs a RTFM. But in the case I was talking I had a nice sound going on but then seem to completely lose control of the amp envelope. I ended up with a percussive blip compared to the slow attack / release I had set-up. Couldn't seem to fix it. Not sure what I was doing. This is very nice though. Might have to pull the trigger on this one. It's suitably deep but has a great layout for access to everything. Sounds great. Capable of bonkers. Ticks my boxes ;)

Loque

08 Aug 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
08 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
07 Aug 2019

Probably a rookie error. I think this one really needs a RTFM. But in the case I was talking I had a nice sound going on but then seem to completely lose control of the amp envelope. I ended up with a percussive blip compared to the slow attack / release I had set-up. Couldn't seem to fix it. Not sure what I was doing. This is very nice though. Might have to pull the trigger on this one. It's suitably deep but has a great layout for access to everything. Sounds great. Capable of bonkers. Ticks my boxes ;)
There are several envelopes and they are a bit difficult to control. Easily they are too fast or too slow. And there are the envelopes controlling the spectra instead of the gain, which has a huge impact of the evolving sound.

You are right, i had to look a lot into the manual - some unique and unusual features.
Reason12, Win10

• Information