What do you think will be new in Reason 11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
owlymane

04 Aug 2019

@Edgrip No I highly doubt I can use my REs anywhere else than inside Reason because they’re all effects. Yeah u can use DAWs simultaneously but it’s too much for me, I prefer one DAW at a time.

@Boingy It’s such a BUMMER that I’m not able to side-scroll in Studio One 4.5 on Win10 :( If it wasn’t for that I was totally considering switching!

boingy

05 Aug 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
04 Aug 2019
Oh man threads like these are cringeworthy, lol. A small minuscule portion of the Reason user base arguing over who is right and deciding who Reason should be developed for. Get over yourselves people. Go make some music.
I can solve this. everyone is wrong except me. :D

Now, please can we get back on topic.
The topic is not what you want in R11 or what you think should be in R11.
The topic is what you think WILL be in R11.

MannequinRaces

05 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
05 Aug 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
04 Aug 2019
Oh man threads like these are cringeworthy, lol. A small minuscule portion of the Reason user base arguing over who is right and deciding who Reason should be developed for. Get over yourselves people. Go make some music.
I can solve this. everyone is wrong except me. :D

Now, please can we get back on topic.
The topic is not what you want in R11 or what you think should be in R11.
The topic is what you think WILL be in R11.
Haha, I think there won't be enough features in R11, just like R10, and everybody will complain. I hope I am wrong!

owlymane

05 Aug 2019

Curved automation

kuhliloach

05 Aug 2019

something to meet or exceed the power of live clips in Ableton

owlymane

05 Aug 2019

Reason 11 will be Reason VR, your whole rack in 3D! :lol:

Philup

05 Aug 2019

Something "clip Launch" related that will automatically import/sync to songs/beats created in the mobile app.

modecca

06 Aug 2019

An unintentionally creepy female voice with a slight swedish accent, asking me what scale and tempo I want to start my session in.
I also expect the ability to: 'make device smaller'
🔗💥

Loque

06 Aug 2019

modecca wrote:
06 Aug 2019
An unintentionally creepy female voice with a slight swedish accent, asking me what scale and tempo I want to start my session in.
Söri?
Reason12, Win10

modecca

06 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Aug 2019
modecca wrote:
06 Aug 2019
Söri?
Yeah, something like that:
🔗💥

diminished
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2019

modecca wrote:
06 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
06 Aug 2019

Söri?
Yeah, something like that:
hahahaha just great
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

OverneathTheSkyBridg

07 Aug 2019

Goddam Momo!

Anyways, I personally think there's going to be a lot of workflow updates as others have said. Not sure if the GUI will get an overhaul, but I think it would be wise of them to consider it and it will definitely have an impact on whether I plan to upgrade or not. Possibly some Browser updates like hiding REs / stock devices (don't want to have to remove them from Authorizer after an update sync). Like someone else said I'm expecting to see some kind of sampler update as part of their usual adding of new devices every release.

Also regarding the earlier "old vs young" debate earlier in the thread: I think Reason would do well to consider the kind of things that seem to attract new users to platforms like Live and FL Studio in future updates. One of these things IMO is the tediousness of the Rack. Flipping to the back of the Rack is one more tedious thing you have to do to custom configure relationships between different devices. I propose having Rack wiring exist on the front panel, perhaps in a way where all patchpoints are on an extension on the right side of the device (think Behringer Neutron, Moog Mother 32) that can be cross wired without having to flip to the back. Make viewing this optional as well (by pressing TAB) and stick with the current auto routing paradigm.

guitfnky

07 Aug 2019

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
07 Aug 2019
Also regarding the earlier "old vs young" debate earlier in the thread: I think Reason would do well to consider the kind of things that seem to attract new users to platforms like Live and FL Studio in future updates. One of these things IMO is the tediousness of the Rack. Flipping to the back of the Rack is one more tedious thing you have to do to custom configure relationships between different devices. I propose having Rack wiring exist on the front panel, perhaps in a way where all patchpoints are on an extension on the right side of the device (think Behringer Neutron, Moog Mother 32) that can be cross wired without having to flip to the back. Make viewing this optional as well (by pressing TAB) and stick with the current auto routing paradigm.
new users have nothing to do with the young/old debate (unless you define “new” as “young”).

rack wiring exclusively on the front panels is a terrible idea. it’s literally one keystroke to flip the rack—I really don’t see how that’s in any way “tedious”. 😳
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

owlymane

07 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
07 Aug 2019
07 Aug 2019
new users have nothing to do with the young/old debate (unless you define “new” as “young”).

rack wiring exclusively on the front panels is a terrible idea. it’s literally one keystroke to flip the rack—I really don’t see how that’s in any way “tedious”. 😳
Fairly speaking, it's time consuming when you have an instrument at the bottom of the rack that you want to flip and connect to the top of the rack when you have many instrumnets. Of course it is up to you to better organize yourself. But for me for example when I'm inspired I get very messy and it is after the energy's gone that I start cleaning up my work template.

Just how in recent versions dragging and dropping an instrument and then effects or utilities for it automatically does the wiring, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to have efficient shortcuts on the front panel :thumbs_up:

Creativemind

07 Aug 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
22 Jul 2019
MIDI track overlay on the pitch correction window.
Great idea.

I do think they'll give us more VST stuff. Multi-out, Midi VST support and VST 3, hopefully being able to scan for newly installed VST's whilst Reason is open (no restart) and I think a Combinator 2.

I do hope it's a big blow our minds update though with loads of workflow improvements.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

modecca

08 Aug 2019

07 Aug 2019
Goddam Momo!

One of these things IMO is the tediousness of the Rack. Flipping to the back of the Rack is one more tedious thing you have to do to custom configure relationships between different devices. I propose having Rack wiring exist on the front panel..
And with Vilma's assistance in our rack this option is easy. Just speak into the computer and say: Vilma, split rack mode please dear.
With Vilma all things are possible.jpg
With Vilma all things are possible.jpg (234.11 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
🔗💥

Creativemind

08 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
07 Aug 2019
I agree. Sounds awful. The way it is now is perfectly fine and as if Propellerhead are going to change the whole rack paradigm that they've had in place for 19yrs, not to mention 400+ Re's that would need recoding and all the video's on You Tube that would then not be based on this new method etc etc
Last edited by Creativemind on 08 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

08 Aug 2019

owlymane wrote:
07 Aug 2019
guitfnky wrote:
07 Aug 2019

Fairly speaking, it's time consuming when you have an instrument at the bottom of the rack that you want to flip and connect to the top of the rack when you have many instrumnets. Of course it is up to you to better organize yourself. But for me for example when I'm inspired I get very messy and it is after the energy's gone that I start cleaning up my work template.

Just how in recent versions dragging and dropping an instrument and then effects or utilities for it automatically does the wiring, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to have efficient shortcuts on the front panel :thumbs_up:
The way around long scrollings for wiring on the back of the rack would be (I read this from a different thread ages ago) to allow the use of the scrollbar at the right hand side when dragging cables long distances.

guitfnky

08 Aug 2019

owlymane wrote:
07 Aug 2019
guitfnky wrote:
07 Aug 2019

sorry, I’m not following...the difficulty in connecting devices that aren’t near one another seems like a totally different problem than thinking it takes too long to flip the rack. if the connections were all on the front, but your devices were still the same distance apart, it wouldn’t save you any noticeable amount of time to drag the cable from point A to B.

what am I missing?

I do think the cable scrolling slowness is something that should be addressed though. certainly would be more helpful (and a bigger time-save) than putting connections on the fronts of devices.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

reggie1979

08 Aug 2019

I dunno what's missing but it's easily said that the "young vs. new" is misunderstood.

What is meant is that Reason is a daw. Some people {joeyluck???} seem to think that it's terrible for someone to mention all the "i" stuff vs. the Reason format. The "younger" crowd seems to be all "I" everything, where as those of us who actually use Reason, like the DAW format.

Complain all you want, but this thread is what it is, it's semantics through and through.

craven

09 Aug 2019

Reason 10 does not run well on my new MacBook Pro, Reason 11 might bring more performance and will finally solve these issues.
(E.g. everything becomes laggy when only having sequences RE and Europa synth). The graphical info is not in sync with the audio and scrolling is slow. I have to dig up the threads that were dealing with these issues.

I hope for clip launch features in R11 combined with a better blocks integration. I'm already hyped up for R11 thinking about what could come.
:ugeek:

Reasonable man

09 Aug 2019

Whatever comes, whenever it comes. Its always still gonna cost £130!

They have though explained the new versions (9&10) very well.

The Ryan/Mattais combination tutorials have been a resounding success in explaining the new features/additions. Very informative podcasts.

owlymane

09 Aug 2019

guitfnky wrote:
08 Aug 2019
owlymane wrote:
07 Aug 2019

sorry, I’m not following...the difficulty in connecting devices that aren’t near one another seems like a totally different problem than thinking it takes too long to flip the rack. if the connections were all on the front, but your devices were still the same distance apart, it wouldn’t save you any noticeable amount of time to drag the cable from point A to B.

what am I missing?

I do think the cable scrolling slowness is something that should be addressed though. certainly would be more helpful (and a bigger time-save) than putting connections on the fronts of devices.
No I didn't say anything about having cables in the front panel! Like you said that wouldn't speed things up at all. More about finding a faster way for cables to route. Just like the recent drag and drop and automatic cabling since reason 6 or 7.

Regarding scrolling slowness. I've mentioned a couple of times here that itunes-type scrolling (the more you scroll the faster the scroll) could be great! Otherwise, I wrote a feature request not so long ago about limiting the amount of rack stacking to avoid having a very long column: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7512884
Last edited by owlymane on 09 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

owlymane

09 Aug 2019

Creativemind wrote:
08 Aug 2019
The way around long scrollings for wiring on the back of the rack would be (I read this from a different thread ages ago) to allow the use of the scrollbar at the right hand side when dragging cables long distances.
That's also a good idea! :thumbs_up:

zoidkirb

09 Aug 2019

I'm gonna jump on this rack request bandwagon too. Can we get the ability to view the rack in two Windows? Sometimes I'd like to have the front of the rack on one monitor and the rear on another monitor.

• Information