Jiggery Pokery Kings of Kong Refill appreciation thread

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Jagwah

06 Aug 2019

I've been using this refill for years and it is ridiculously cool.

Tons of the coolest drum machines, mapped perfectly for Kong. I really can't think of anything better except a part 2.

I've always been grateful for owning this refill, and it's only a few dollars for all that awesomeness, I just needed to recommend it to you guys that haven't checked it out already.

If you haven't checked it out - http://jiggery-pokery.com/wp/product/ki ... ollection/
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Jagwah on 12 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2019

Love it
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

06 Aug 2019

If there is a JP appreciation thread, I'm there.
The man is an anomaly, he's doing his thing, he's making music, he's making instruments. It's a human beneficial thing, it's a rare thing in these times.
There are other good guys, quite a few here on RT, but that's another thread
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

challism

11 Sep 2019

motuscott wrote:
06 Aug 2019
If there is a JP appreciation thread, I'm there.
The man is an anomaly, he's doing his thing, he's making music, he's making instruments. It's a human beneficial thing, it's a rare thing in these times.
There are other good guys, quite a few here on RT, but that's another thread
For real! Matt for the win! Big JP fan, here. <3
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MannequinRaces

11 Sep 2019

Kings of Kong should be a day one purchase for any new Reason users. I’ve only had it I think less than two years but it’s a must have!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2019

I only have good things to say about Matt. His effects are great, I'm a sucker for the shimmer and chenille is piratically on every project...
Last edited by mcatalao on 12 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Jagwah

11 Sep 2019

mcatalao wrote:
11 Sep 2019
I only have good things to say about matt. His effects are great, im a sucker for the shimmer and chenille is pratically on every project...
I am a huge fan of his REs aswell, I almost should have made a JP appreciation thread but this refill has been used so much over the years I even tend to begin sessions with it!

If you are reading JP, thanks for your awesome work over the years, you make Reason better for all of us!! <3

future-bit

11 Sep 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

future-bit

12 Sep 2019

Jagwah

12 Sep 2019

future-bit wrote:
12 Sep 2019
Jagwah wrote:
06 Aug 2019
If you haven't checked it out - http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/kok.html
No, kok here http://jiggery-pokery.com/wp/product/ki ... ollection/
That's weird, original link seems to be an older page with a different price too, thanks I updated the post.

future-bit

12 Sep 2019

zumBeispiel

08 Oct 2019

Last edited by zumBeispiel on 29 Dec 2019, edited 3 times in total.

Loque

08 Oct 2019

:o :? :shock: :?
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2019

Website still offline. He mentioned on FB that he was banned from the R11 beta forums. Did he throw the towel? :shock:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

motuscott

09 Oct 2019

Jiggery-Doo, where are you?

Loque

09 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
09 Oct 2019
Website still offline. He mentioned on FB that he was banned from the R11 beta forums. Did he throw the towel? :shock:
Hopefully not. Probably his arguments about the Reason Electric Bass was not liked by everyone...i hope free gets back soon and everything is fine. Top dev with top products, tells his truth with sometimes a harsh tone. We need JP!
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

I love the way he just tells it like it is. It's only "harsh" if he somehow hurts your feelings for whatever reason. :?:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

15 Oct 2019

Site had DNS problems, and could have been solved in just 24 hours had I got better support from the host. Should be resolved now, but man alive, the host server is slow, sadly I'm not sure I've got the energy or motivation left move it.

Regarding criticisms, obviously NDAs limit what any of us can say, but it's telling that basically none of our questions, experience, or advice is answered even in private dev forums or emails under NDA conditions. No answer can't be covered by an NDA, because by definition there's nothing disclosed.

So I think there comes a point when no-one really wants to hear it, I'm tired of saying it and it's probably not a good look personally. And anyway given the people that really matter genuinely don't care enough to listen as criticism is classed merely as disloyalty requiring punishment rather than as a real prompt to improve their performance, especially when many of the issues are at our expense as small business owners, it's doing my own mental health a disservice. It's one thing competing against fellow devs, one accepts that in a free market, and the differing tastes of different customers there are different niches supporting various devs to different degrees. However it's not a free market when it's impossible to compete effectively against one big competitor who skims off the top of our efforts just to fund and produce competing and often inferior product they can pass off as better simply by releasing them later, as if that alone is a criteria for an older product being superceded. One might counter-argue it's no different to buying Lidl's Cornflakes instead of Kelloggs', both have a place in the market, Kelloggs' manage to sell at a premium despite the cheaper supermarket brands.

Objectively, I don't think I would necessarily disagree such an argument in principle, other than there's the matter of scale. Kelloggs can, and do, sell their Cornflakes in other outlets. The rest of us producers can only sell our cereals in Kelloggs' own shop at the fee Kelloggs' demand for us to do so.

I could probably extend that analogy, but I'm hungry now and I was always more of a bran flakes guy: cornflakes are a little thin and never entirely fulfilling.

Loque

15 Oct 2019

Good to see you are fine.

Kelloggs? Do they still exist? Cornflakes are tasteless btw.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Good to see you are fine.

Yeah they do. And Kellog’s Cornflakes rock!!
I love All Bran...the ones that look (and taste) like brown sticks. You can’t get ‘em in Sweden. Only the flakes. I mean what’s with that???
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

15 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Nothing half a cup of sugar won't cure.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2019

motuscott wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Aaaah!!! Like in the old song “a half cup of sugar helps the medicine go down. “ Big fan of Mary Poppins.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

anko

15 Oct 2019

@JiggeryPokery: I guess one small remark from one small customer can't really balance a whole truckload of pre-digested brown material, but fwiw I love your refills and devices and i'm very glad to have them! cheers. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

madmacman

16 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Oct 2019
motuscott wrote:
15 Oct 2019

Aaaah!!! Like in the old song “a half cup of sugar helps the medicine go down. “ Big fan of Mary Poppins.
It used to be a "Spoonful of sugar". But the times they are a-changin' I guess...

• Information