PA Subscriptions

Discuss VST stuff here!
reasonsuser88

06 Aug 2019

Well...I did it. I never thought I would go down this rabbit hole but I am now a monthly subscriber to the new Plugin Alliance. I'm selling my plugins on a Facebook group right now as I write this. They are pushing a monthly subscription for $24.99 but I got the early bird special for $16.99 a month if I keep it active. Anybody else doing this?
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

reddust

06 Aug 2019

I looked at the plan but it's definitely not for me, I'm kind of sick of subscription plans for everything these days. Besides, I already own Byome and Triad, which are for my personal needs their most interesting plugins. I actually hoped they would bring a rent-to-own plan instead of the subscription thing, that would've been better, in my opinion.

reasonsuser88

06 Aug 2019

reddust wrote:
06 Aug 2019
I looked at the plan but it's definitely not for me, I'm kind of sick of subscription plans for everything these days. Besides, I already own Byome and Triad, which are for my personal needs their most interesting plugins. I actually hoped they would bring a rent-to-own plan instead of the subscription thing, that would've been better, in my opinion.
Ah yeah I wouldn't recommend this to somebody who is looking for creative tools as PA is geared towards mixing and mastering. That new Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor is what made me give in. I know there are some other great tools that I'm looking forward to trying. I started a thread about channel strips some time ago and now I'll be able to try a few different channels.

MarkTarlton

06 Aug 2019

nice! their plug ins are on another level, and might seem pricey to some, but once you start using them you will see why they are so popular. the amp sims are fantastic too, I have a few of them through universal audio, but have been thinking about picking up some more directly from PA.

reasonsuser88

06 Aug 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Aug 2019
nice! their plug ins are on another level, and might seem pricey to some, but once you start using them you will see why they are so popular. the amp sims are fantastic too, I have a few of them through universal audio, but have been thinking about picking up some more directly from PA.
Well...I was in a weird spot because I already had quite a few of their plugins. I'm basically selling some PA licenses I already have to fund my subscription to all of their plugins. :lol:

Yes I agree they are top notch tools. I'm in the PA group on Facebook too and that page is a madhouse.

MarkTarlton

06 Aug 2019

check out VSM-3 if you haven't already, an oldie but a goodie :)

reasonsuser88

06 Aug 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Aug 2019
Are you able to access presets in Reason? I had to copy that Hi-Fi Your Mix preset from Reaper just to see what all the hype was about. I can't open the browser in Reason.

retreed
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
06 Aug 2019
MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Aug 2019
Are you able to access presets in Reason? I had to copy that Hi-Fi Your Mix preset from Reaper just to see what all the hype was about. I can't open the browser in Reason.
You can load (and save) patches via the Reason VST Patch Browser directly from the Rack as shown in the screenshot attached.
Attachments
patch_browser.jpg
patch_browser.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 1449 times

MarkTarlton

06 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
06 Aug 2019
MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Aug 2019
yes sir! there are two ways, one from the front panel of the reason mix channel, and than once you open up the plug in gui there is the left hand corner folder that will also let you load presets.

reasonsuser88

06 Aug 2019

retreed wrote:
06 Aug 2019
You can load (and save) patches via the Reason VST Patch Browser directly from the Rack as shown in the screenshot attached.
MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Aug 2019
yes sir! there are two ways, one from the front panel of the reason mix channel, and than once you open up the plug in gui there is the left hand corner folder that will also let you load presets.
Where are they storing presets for you? I didn't get anything and I looked in a few folders.

retreed
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
06 Aug 2019
retreed wrote:
06 Aug 2019
MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Aug 2019
Where are they storing presets for you? I didn't get anything and I looked in a few folders.
It simply does store the patches where you save them. I recommend creating a folder for the VST patches you save using the save button in the rack. You can simply load the VST plugin from the Reason Browser by pulling (or double clicking) the .fxb file from your "new VST Patch folder" just like any other patch for REs.

Not all VSTs do offer to load their factory sounds with the VST patch browser though but you can always load your own saved patches that way from the Reason Browser.

MarkTarlton

06 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
06 Aug 2019
retreed wrote:
06 Aug 2019
MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Aug 2019
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 11.37.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 11.37.04 AM.png (498.19 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

retreed
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Aug 2019
While the UAD version does have this tiny folder button, the PA does not have that. They look differently so the Patch Browser is the only option within Reason.

reasonsuser88

06 Aug 2019

retreed wrote:
06 Aug 2019
It simply does store the patches where you save them. I recommend creating a folder for the VST patches you save using the save button in the rack. You can simply load the VST plugin from the Reason Browser by pulling (or double clicking) the .fxb file from your "new VST Patch folder" just like any other patch for REs.

Not all VSTs do offer to load their factory sounds with the VST patch browser though but you can always load your own saved patches that way from the Reason Browser.
Oh yes I'm able to access patches I've created but I don't have any factory presets that should come with plugins. I'm not too fussy about it though because presets aren't suited for mixing and mastering. I might scroll through Reaper and look at some presets just for curiosity.
retreed wrote:
06 Aug 2019
While the UAD version does have this tiny folder button, the PA does not have that. They look differently so the Patch Browser is the only option within Reason.
Ah yes the version difference is why I don't see the folder.

reggie1979

06 Aug 2019

A refreshing difference to the sludge-fest over at KVR towards the sub.

I've always liked this option and if I didn't have and love Slate I'd consider it.

• Information