New free EQ - QRange by lkjb - 12 bands

Discuss VST stuff here!
Zac

03 Aug 2019

I know, you don't need another EQ! But I'm going to install this one later because occasionally I just need a lot of bands and it's nice not to have to stack EQs. I also like the idea of the pre/post EQ display toggle.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/qrange-by-lkjb

lkjb QRange is a IIR linear phase EQ with the following features:

12 bands (sortable by frequency).
Each band can be used as peak, shelf and cut filter.
Cut filters are available with 12, 24 and 48 dB/oct steepness.
Stereo/Left/Right/Mid/Side routing per band.
Global gain for loudness adjustments.
Resizable user interface.
The analyser can be set to analyse pre-EQ and post-EQ signal applying the same routings that are available per band. It is possible to adjust the analyser minimum/maximum magnitude by dragging the scale on the right (visible only if the analyser is active).

A menu which is available via the gearwheel provides:

Adjusting Analyser Range.
Adjusting frequency display magnitude.
Adjusting the plugin latency.
Setting a default EQ state and/or user interface size for new instances.
Changelog:

1.0.0: First release.

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2019

Thanks, I'll check it out. lkjb will forever have a place in my heart because of Luftikus.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

selig
RE Developer

03 Aug 2019

Note this is a linear phase EQ, which are less common (but will introduce latency, and can suffer from pre-ringing).
Nice to see a free linear phase EQ!
Selig Audio, LLC

Zac

03 Aug 2019

selig wrote:
03 Aug 2019
Note this is a linear phase EQ, which are less common (but will introduce latency, and can suffer from pre-ringing).
Nice to see a free linear phase EQ!
Thanks for the info Giles. Are there any benefits from it being linear phase?

RealReasonHead

03 Aug 2019

IIR linear phase EQ
I assume this is written incorrectly, should be FIR for all I know.
Are there any benefits from it being linear phase?
I'm not Giles but I can help. Linear phase can be important if you have multiple mics of the same recording, like in a drum kit and want to EQ only one mic. Also, if you want to do parallel processing (parallel distortion or compression) and want to EQ only the wet signal, you definitely want a linear phase EQ as the phase changes in a minimum phase EQ will cause unexpected results when mixing the dry signal with the wet signal which now has different phase. A final use case would be perfect crossover filters. Minimum phase filters are pretty good though, so I would only reach for linear phase crossovers if I really need to.

Zac

04 Aug 2019

RealReasonHead wrote:
03 Aug 2019
IIR linear phase EQ
I assume this is written incorrectly, should be FIR for all I know.
Are there any benefits from it being linear phase?
I'm not Giles but I can help. Linear phase can be important if you have multiple mics of the same recording, like in a drum kit and want to EQ only one mic. Also, if you want to do parallel processing (parallel distortion or compression) and want to EQ only the wet signal, you definitely want a linear phase EQ as the phase changes in a minimum phase EQ will cause unexpected results when mixing the dry signal with the wet signal which now has different phase. A final use case would be perfect crossover filters. Minimum phase filters are pretty good though, so I would only reach for linear phase crossovers if I really need to.

dvdrtldg

06 Aug 2019

Per-band mid/side routing is nice too

• Information