Noise Engineering Synth Bundle 2?...Any combinators?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Stygian Abyss

31 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
31 Jul 2019
Stygian Abyss wrote:
31 Jul 2019
If you need general knowledge about CV, modulations, you could read the venerable ARP 2600 user's manual, written in a time where synthesizers were a rare thing and thus very pedagogic.
Wow!! Cool!! Is there an English version? The link you posted is all Greek to me...there is also a considerable amount of Double Dutch. Thanks though :).
Yes, it can seem complex at first sight, but it's worth learning these weird foreign languages. ;)
CV in reason works almost the same as in this great vintage synth and, in fact, is not very different from automation. But instead of recording pot movements or drawing curves, you plug a signal source (LFO, envelope...) that does exactly the same thing to a parameter, except it can be scaled, permanent, go faster and be cyclic if you want.

mon

31 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
31 Jul 2019
mon wrote:
31 Jul 2019

This link could be helpful. Brief explanation of possible purposes for the different devices.
https://www.noiseengineering.us/blog/20 ... ht-for-you
That did help. Thanks.
You’re welcome :)
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

joeyluck

31 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
31 Jul 2019
I’m honestly wondering about this bunch of synths. Does anybody here think they’re awesome?
I mentioned this in the other thread, but these are more fun to play with just turning the knobs. I'm certainly interested to see the creative ways people are using them, but they're entertaining to just play with and explore. I don't have a particular sound I'm aiming for when I use them, they aren't those kinds of synths for me. They are cool noise machines.

BRIGGS

31 Jul 2019

DougalDarkly wrote:
31 Jul 2019
Hi everyone - my first post!

I created an account just to say that these 6 synth modules (they all sound different to me) are fast becoming by far my favourite synth REs.

The complex modulations you can get from these things with a few CV ins are amazing! Notes from THOR's sequencer, curves from Synchronous, envelopes from Grain, stick in a couple of LFOs and some manual twiddling with a MIDI controller - (semi) instant wizardy!

It's exactly because of the 'unusual' architecture and parameters that I love them - it would take (and has taken!) hours to get the same kind of wonderful wacky weirdness out of pretty much any other synth I can think of.

If you're not using CV - have a go! There are plenty of great tutorials out there, and Reason's the PERFECT place to learn about it - you can even apply your knowledge of CV and how modular stuff like this is designed to work with it IRL (if you can afford it).

IMHO if you're not flipping Reason's rack around, you're only using half the program! ;)
Hi and welcome! :puf_smile:
r11s

Loque

02 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
31 Jul 2019
Uhh...cannot remember it myself, need to check it out as soon as i am back home:
viewtopic.php?p=421503#p421503
Wow...I am impressed by myself :-D

Need to blow off some dust from those RE...
Reason12, Win10

Loque

02 Aug 2019

If you considere the NE modules as what they are - 1 oscillator modules - you can get interesting and unique sounds out of it. You need to make them in the context of modular stuff, and manual add all your modulations and more oscialltors, what the sound may need you are looking for. Than its the same building of sounds as in other synths.

Here, i did again, what i alway do with this things. I have a sound in mind, add each part, modulat what i want, and build up more sounds on top. Mix them in a mixer, add some fx, et voila - the drony pad sound i was looking for. Do not try to understand all the wiring - because it was made in the "moment" what was needed.

One patch without filters, one with filters (for real per voice filters, you need Distributor and need to multply the patch). Have fun with it
padotage.zip
(12.73 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Reason12, Win10

Reasonable man

02 Aug 2019

The sound of those combies are glorious. Thanks for psoting those
In fairness with Complex-1 , a series, noise engineering , psq vk-2 (in modular mode), Kron, etc all in reason you alomost dont need an outbaord set-up to make really deep modular music.

Loque

02 Aug 2019

Reasonable man wrote:
02 Aug 2019
The sound of those combies are glorious. Thanks for psoting those
Your welcome :D
Reason12, Win10

NoiseEng
RE Developer

06 Aug 2019

Hi all! I'm a bit late to the party here -- my apologies. I don't monitor the forum nearly enough.

I'll start by saying that everyone here is 1000000% more knowledgeable about using Reason and other REs and everything than I am, but if anyone ever has questions on the REs, please feel free to drop us an email! We're a company of 3 people, and we love to hear from users, talk about the products, etc. Or, feel free to defer to Loque, who makes incredible stuff! :D While I'm throwing that out there, please don't forget LectricPanda and the Refills he makes. Great stuff. :thumbs_up: http://lectricpanda.com/

Yes, the REs are ports, more or less, of our Eurorack modules (SB2 adds an envelope that not all the modules have). They definitely all sound different, based on the underlying architecture -- there's a lot more information on this in the manuals, but I really like the car analogy presented in this thread. Our REs do perform well with modulation, mostly because we are coming from the Eurorack world, where that's sort of expected. Want to talk more? Drop me a line! - Kris

https://www.noiseengineering.us/contact-us
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

• Information