Predicting Reason 11’s release date

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
2chris

05 Jun 2019

jlgrimes wrote:
04 Jun 2019
2chris wrote:
04 Jun 2019
I would love to see a new version this year because of the new features it brings, but I doubt that it’s coming this year. I would pay $100 for solid features without hesitation. I think the team is doing awesome, and my wishes are simple for new features. I don’t need new instruments. Update the ui for modern displays, but also polish the ui in a way for better workflows. I feel like the rack gets junky and hard to follow, Live and Bitwig are way better in this regard. The mixer view just annoys me, and it’s gone untouched. They could get creative and have a second simplified mode for the mixer. The sequencer is simple and fine, and I’m not trying to complain, it just needs love. Chord recognition, chord suggestion, beats mode or drum map, change not length, enhanced vector images for audio, better track zoom, session mode or something similar (even MOTU realized stealing lives easy track building method makes sense), warp modes, etc. I’ve lost hope in Live and Reason overhauling their midi sequencers. I love both daws, but for certain tracks I’m contemplating skipping the next Reason and getting Cubase. I support great developers, and I’m happy to keep buying products, but I’m also willing to vote with my money if developers don’t want to prioritize what I want.

IMO Live has made great strides with their sequencers.

It might not have the best piano roll but for things like drums, it seems to have a much faster flow than Reason.

Reason has a better loop recording system though.

Groove mode is similar for both but Ableton's seems a bit better as it is much easier to do eigth note swing, where Reasons is based of 16ths.

Both probably are lacking for doing things like chords but I probably would rarely use that anyways.
I agree on the sequencer getting better and better, and the new features are great. I just want more midi features. I think most people work with audio in Live, and maybe I'm just weird working in midi for the majority of my track until it's time to commit. So I understand why they focus where they do, and everything they've been adding has been useful to me where I am not trying to complain.

I disagree on the loop recording since Live has looper, and more warp modes. Both groove/shuffle features are fine for my use.

moneykube

05 Jun 2019

frick... let me fathom reason 10 first lol... and like 40 racks I must learn... and the vst's... oh the vst's
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

stevie1da

14 Jun 2019

I just happened to stumble upon this post ON THE EXACT PREDICTED DATE, and can sadly say, that was wrong :(

ltbrunt00

18 Jun 2019

I hope R11 is delayed until November/December. I am trying to save money. If it was free I would say release it tomorrow.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

reggie1979

18 Jun 2019

ltbrunt00 wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I hope R11 is delayed until November/December. I am trying to save money. If it was free I would say release it tomorrow.
Well considering that 10.4 came outta NOWHERE, maybe they ain't done yet with the freebies.

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

I'm going to put my money on July 18th - 4 days after the current R10 promo ends, and the first day of NAMM. You heard it here first, folks.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

reggie1979

20 Jun 2019

I'd doubt it launches at summer Namm, but wouldn't be the first time if I was wrong.

I'm going to predict Oct 15th of this year because it's a Tuesday and I don't think they'll wait until winter.

Heigen5

23 Jun 2019

I believe the beta begins right after the winter holidays in the january or february 2020.

ltbrunt00

09 Jul 2019

hurricane wrote:
20 Jun 2019
I'm going to put my money on July 18th - 4 days after the current R10 promo ends, and the first day of NAMM. You heard it here first, folks.

For the sake of my Wallet I hope you are wrong. Reason updates is my one vice/addiction in life.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

EdGrip

09 Jul 2019

We are closer to the release of Reason 11 than we are to the start of this thread.

I hope this helps.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2019

EdGrip wrote:
09 Jul 2019
We are closer to the release of Reason 11 than we are to the start of this thread.

I hope this helps.
You be quiet!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2019

hurricane wrote:
20 Jun 2019
The Swedes have been jumping around the May pole and drinking vodka recntly. The office is closed until end of Aug :lol: .
But in all seriousness, there is noting happening until after European 5w of vacation. Then they work off the email backlog and reminisce about the summer days for a month, work hard in Oct, to release in Nov. :shock:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Yonatan

09 Jul 2019

A dream would be to have a special "Live" mode for whole of Reason, specially designed and layed out for best live experience, having in mind also all of us wanting to use the DAW as an instrument, also when creating or producing. An organic mode that meets the demands of the time. But still using Octo Rex and other devices, but where things are made as intuitive as possible. This could take Reason to another level. It can take a while to develop such a new window or mode.

In the meantime maybe these things would be not too far off:

1) Being able to trig Blocks in a synced way? I think that the Block idea is a great thing in the sequencer that could be expanded, to try out arrangement more on the fly if wanted. Say I already have a whole song layed out with blocks, and then using it live I would want to be more free to improvise and control it from keyboard or other device, but still in a synced way. Off course being able to "record" the "live" arranging is needed.
The problem with Blocks at the moment is that it is not made to be able to easily throw the different blocks around in an live way. It is linear at the moment, but the idea of Blocks could not be far off if one takes the concept further in a non linear way.

2) A simular want is also to be able to put out markers in the sequencer that one can jump between, being able to chose between instant jump or an live option to jump in a more synced way after a certain section is played (or number of bars).

fieldframe
RE Developer

09 Jul 2019

hurricane wrote:
20 Jun 2019
While it's highly unlikely this is something Propellerhead factors in when planning announcements, July 18th also happens to mark the longest time between major Reason versions this decade.

EnochLight

10 Jul 2019

Yeah, sorry - I can guarantee you there will be no Reason 11 release in July, simply because most everyone in Sweden is on vacation during this month, and historically there has NEVER been a major version release during peak summer. :puf_smile:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

guitfnky

10 Jul 2019

so assuming that’s right (that July is a no go) probably the earliest release would be in September. they typically give a month’s notice to hype things/showcase new features before release, so even if they announced in August, we likely wouldn’t have it in our grubby little hands until September.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

moti_r

25 Jul 2019

Personally I'm more excited about the Reason 11 announcement than about the release itself.
I currently use 9.5 and really suffer from the VST performance.
The second they announce 11, they'll offer free upgrades for ppl who purchase 10 until the time 11 is released - so I'll be able to buy 10 and have VST performing the way they should! :)
Then, one month later, it will be the 11 party time.
It's like enjoying 2 upgrades for the price of one :)

Yonatan

26 Jul 2019

My random guessing mind says Friday the 11th of October, Beta starting a bit earlier.

reggie1979

26 Jul 2019

Yonatan wrote:
26 Jul 2019
My random guessing mind says Friday the 11th of October, Beta starting a bit earlier.
I said the 15th because it's a Tuesday. I think that releases are generally on Tuesday, or am I wrong about that?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2019

Yonatan wrote:
26 Jul 2019
Probably Friday the 13th December and hand delivered by the Evil Santa, bwahahahahahaha :twisted: :shock: :shock: :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Yonatan

27 Jul 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
26 Jul 2019
Yonatan wrote:
26 Jul 2019
I said the 15th because it's a Tuesday. I think that releases are generally on Tuesday, or am I wrong about that?
You might be exactly right, needing the weekend for rest and monday to do the final touch. :) Somehow I can recall PH coming with some news on fridays, but logically, it would be
somehow not good as they will need full support force over a weekend, so thuesday is more likely.

Also, sometimes new releases concide with when many ppl get their salary. In Sweden it is the 25th or nearby, dont know about the US.
But yes 15/10 is a good bet. In rhe middle, or also at the end of a month. But as PH has said before, they want the finished version out as soon as ready.

Maybe some clever person in here can do a look at when the earlier releases has been, if there are any patterns.

Oh, how we are like speculating children waiting for Santa (evil or not:) . While talking christmas, a company not being a christmas thing, they should maybe stay away from coming too close to that time. And in January its a dead zone, so if 2020 is the year that looks better for them, it would have to be in february/mars and by then many in Sweden are in jeopardy for a flu or else.

I mean, even avoiding Black Friday. So somewhere over the rain... October would be a good guess. End of September, offcourse, but might be to close to the summer holidays and students just started courses, but not impossible. The earlier the merrier. But I could wait for Oct if that means some extra refinement.

tiker01

27 Jul 2019

Yonatan wrote:
27 Jul 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
26 Jul 2019

You might be exactly right, needing the weekend for rest and monday to do the final touch. :) Somehow I can recall PH coming with some news on fridays, but logically, it would be
somehow not good as they will need full support force over a weekend, so thuesday is more likely.

Also, sometimes new releases concide with when many ppl get their salary. In Sweden it is the 25th or nearby, dont know about the US.
But yes 15/10 is a good bet. In rhe middle, or also at the end of a month. But as PH has said before, they want the finished version out as soon as ready.

Maybe some clever person in here can do a look at when the earlier releases has been, if there are any patterns.

Oh, how we are like speculating children waiting for Santa (evil or not:) . While talking christmas, a company not being a christmas thing, they should maybe stay away from coming too close to that time. And in January its a dead zone, so if 2020 is the year that looks better for them, it would have to be in february/mars and by then many in Sweden are in jeopardy for a flu or else.

I mean, even avoiding Black Friday. So somewhere over the rain... October would be a good guess. End of September, offcourse, but might be to close to the summer holidays and students just started courses, but not impossible. The earlier the merrier. But I could wait for Oct if that means some extra refinement.
Reason is released on Tuesday usually!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

reggie1979

27 Jul 2019

We should have Taco Tuesday when they do release it.

Reason and tacos, doesn't really get better than that.

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2019

How long have beta periods typically lasted in the past? Anyone got any data?

No specific reason why I'm asking.
:cool:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

VariableX

09 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
09 Aug 2019
How long have beta periods typically lasted in the past? Anyone got any data?

No specific reason why I'm asking.
:cool:
sounds like you know something? :)

• Information