Moog Hardware 'Revival'

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
SteveDiverse

20 Jan 2015

Moog has announced that they are re-releasing Moog Modulars.

You can get a System 55 for a mere $35,000 http://www.moogmusic.com/products/modulars/system-55

The rest of the line can be seen here http://www.moogmusic.com/products/modulars/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w6qWiEx8BQ
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

offaxisdaddy

20 Jan 2015

I just put $1 in a jar earmarked for the Keith Emerson model. Only need $149,999 to make the transaction. I'm open to any and all donations  :s0106:

;)

offaxisdaddy

20 Jan 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLT3Cb96-Mk

For those who haven't seen this, this girl is amazing! And she is blind since an infant.

Yorick

20 Jan 2015

SteveDiverse wrote:Moog has announced that they are re-releasing Moog Modulars.

You can get a System 55 for a mere $35,000
How many Spotify plays will that take?

Failed Muso

21 Jan 2015

As fantastic as these machines are, my biggest beef is with the way Moog seem to be promoting them as if modular synthesis had vanished from the face of the earth and they have resurrected it for the common good. I know a metric f*ck ton of people who have been using modular for years, many of them exclusively, who resent the fact that their passion is seemingly rendered dead and then risen again by the almighty Moog.
I mean, you only need to watch 'I Dream Of Wires' to see how massive the modular scene is.

As for the price, I guess it reflects the quality and build processes, but these are going to be for well heeled fan boys only :frown:

Guess I'll stick with my Arturia Moog Modular V ;)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

21 Jan 2015

Failed Muso wrote: As fantastic as these machines are, my biggest beef is with the way Moog seem to be promoting them as if modular synthesis had vanished from the face of the earth and they have resurrected it for the common good. I know a metric f*ck ton of people who have been using modular for years, many of them exclusively, who resent the fact that their passion is seemingly rendered dead and then risen again by the almighty Moog.
I mean, you only need to watch 'I Dream Of Wires' to see how massive the modular scene is.

As for the price, I guess it reflects the quality and build processes, but these are going to be for well heeled fan boys only :frown:

Guess I'll stick with my Arturia Moog Modular V ;)
I thought you were buyin' two!

It is quite amusing watching the "live" promo recordings, because it also sounds very lovely and synthy and it gives me the horn, but it does all basically sound the same.

Failed Muso

21 Jan 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:[

It is quite amusing watching the "live" promo recordings, because it also sounds very lovely and synthy and it gives me the horn, but it does all basically sound the same.

Haha! I prefer my classic synth behemoths in white, not brown ;)

I "get" the attraction of modular, but I don't get the expense, space and air conditioning required to run them :frown:

selig
RE Developer

22 Jan 2015

Failed Muso wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:[

Failed Muso wrote:  
Haha! I prefer my classic synth behemoths in white, not brown ;)

I "get" the attraction of modular, but I don't get the expense, space and air conditioning required to run them :frown:
I've got a few friends with huge modular systems - I get to have fun whenever I visit, but without the expenses you mention. Kinda like being a great Uncle and getting to play with kids but without the expense… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

bpmorton

25 Jan 2015

As much as I like Moog, The price is ridiculous. The System 55 is $35,000!!!! You can get the flagship Synthesizers.com Studio 110 for under $15,000 and it must have more that twice the number of modules.

Olivier

25 Jan 2015

bpmorton wrote:As much as I like Moog, The price is ridiculous. The System 55 is $35,000!!!! You can get the flagship Synthesizers.com Studio 110 for under $15,000 and it must have more that twice the number of modules.
Yes, Moog is always more expensive because you buy into the moog history.
But populating circuitboards by hand from discrete components in the US means its going to be mad expensive. Its also a limited run because the parts are running out.
You can't really compare that with batch produced automated production with modern day parts. Which is what Synthesizers.com is able to do.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

bpmorton

25 Jan 2015

STC is a small company in Texas. Looks like all their manufacturing is done there in the same building. Must just be paying for the name....Like the new "Sequntial Prophet 6" 6 voice/4 octave that is selling for almost as much as the full sized DSI P12 made by the same company.

• Information