Some people have bad customer service

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

Makes you not wanna buy more from them
Bitley is one of them
Uhe is another

On the other head propellerhead is ok
So is native instruments
( there quick at least )b

Pinknoise is amazing
Sound cells are amazing
Luftrum is amazing

Vst maker physic modulation is amazing
If you are helpful
Its makes people want to buy from you again
Why should i have a smart ass comment just because i asked someone to re send a product ? or if i ask a valid question?
I wont buy again from the top two ever again
Customer service is important guys
Sometimes more so than the product
If i can think of more i’ll add them in .
Peace and love 🙂

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2019

U-he have excellent customer service and I will buy everything they release from now 'till eternity because their stuff is some of the best out there.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2019

hurricane wrote:
19 Jul 2019
U-he have excellent customer service and I will buy everything they release from now 'till eternity because their stuff is some of the best out there.
Agree. Always had excellent service from U-he. Great folk.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

hurricane wrote:
19 Jul 2019
not for me - maybe I just got one cranky guy
its not just me because loads of other people give me really good customer service
I think it important to be chill with people who pay you for your art
for the most part
I mean Uhe stuff is very expensive
once someone gets a certain reputation though they don't care so much

tom Pritchard is another amazing guy
and amazing sounds
I will buy more of his stuff

I'm really loving pinknoise studios two synths atm

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2019

Yeah. Luna and Maia are great. The developers are really nice guys too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 Jul 2019
they are amazing

also bitword was amazing
had some great convos with him

gonna buy more stuff of tom pritchards
or soundcells
have you tried nord red ?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
19 Jul 2019
MrFigg wrote:
19 Jul 2019
they are amazing

also bitword was amazing

or soundcells
Nah. I’ve got 3 or 4 Nucleus Soundlab refills I bought ages ago in some sort of bundle. Can’t remember what they’re called but seem to remember they had some pretty nice sounds.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 Jul 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
19 Jul 2019

they are amazing

also bitword was amazing

or soundcells
Nah. I’ve got 3 or 4 Nucleus Soundlab refills I bought ages ago in some sort of bundle. Can’t remember what they’re called but seem to remember they had some pretty nice sounds.
nord red is soundcells

tom pritchards vast I have I love it

bitley annoys me I sent him my email asked if he could resend me a refill
" are you going to pay me to do detective work for you ?
mate id rather not use your refills keep it buy a pint with the cash pinknoise are far better anyway there I said it lol im off out this weekend to have fun with the kids i'll stop batch lol peace

guitfnky

19 Jul 2019

bitley is the worst. glad I got to see them in action before I got around to pulling the trigger on a purchase...saved myself a bunch of money, and avoided supporting a poor excuse for a business.

I might add McDsp to that list too. they dropped some otherwise excellent Rack Extensions in the shop, but when someone pointed out they were bugged, they decided it was better to just ignore it than to even respond. won’t be buying anything from them again.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

guitfnky wrote:
19 Jul 2019
bitley is the worst. glad I got to see them in action before I got around to pulling the trigger on a purchase...saved myself a bunch of money, and avoided supporting a poor excuse for a business.

I might add McDsp to that list too. they dropped some otherwise excellent Rack Extensions in the shop, but when someone pointed out they were bugged, they decided it was better to just ignore it than to even respond. won’t be buying anything from them again.
Thank you for agreeing with me

yeah I've avoided mc dsp
Coz what people say

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

guitfnky wrote:
19 Jul 2019

And also when i asked for wbf one i paid for ages ago i was told i need to pay to get the new version ,
So yeah I've dropped wbf and the prophet now i cant be bothered .

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2019

McDSP - on the VST side (I own a few), are peaches. I met them at an expo and they were all super nice. They are def not on my shit list. Awesome people.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Resonator

19 Jul 2019

Nice
Poem

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

hurricane wrote:
19 Jul 2019
McDSP - on the VST side (I own a few), are peaches. I met them at an expo and they were all super nice. They are def not on my shit list. Awesome people.
Tbh i have just heard what people have said i havent dealt with them myself
Just out of curiosity who is on your shit list

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

See i guess on the mc dsp front thata a bit different as its like the heavyocity rack extension thing its just a dropped thing i own a kontakt instrument and there customer service is good there

Its funny because in real life if a person in a shop is moody or an asshole
I barely barely go in there

Its like this newsagent close to me there
Was this indian man and lady who owned it before moody arrogant people i barely went in there now its owned by a lovely sri lanken couple and they are so nice
“Im like hows the baby i go in there at least twice a week

Even if its the best product if the customer service sucks id rather jump ship i need peace of mind .

dannyF

19 Jul 2019

uHe years ago had a bad attitude it turned me off so much I don't use ANY of the Rack Extensions they've made.

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

dannyF wrote:
19 Jul 2019
uHe years ago had a bad attitude it turned me off so much I don't use ANY of the Rack Extensions they've made.
I think your being sarcastic lol but its in such a pointless way it has minimal effect so ill humour you do you own them ?

dannyF

19 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
19 Jul 2019
dannyF wrote:
19 Jul 2019
I think your being sarcastic lol but its in such a pointless way it has minimal effect so ill humour you do you own them ?
No sarcasm. I can't even remember what happened. I think it was way back in the old reason forums.... there was this one guy in there. A real drama queen...... he was in a hospital anyway he loaded up 100 of Uhe vsts or something in another DAW then loaded 10 uhe and made a big stink about it. Something happened with UHE, lol. I do own a few of them, but I remember a bad attitude he had, an email or message about Reason or he was fed up with it...... lol. Probably should let that go. I wonder what happened to that drama guy..... I think he spent a TON of money on Rack Extensions and Propellerheads paid him off ( refunded him ) just so he would go away and stop posting on the forum.

sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

dannyF wrote:
19 Jul 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
19 Jul 2019

No sarcasm. I can't even remember what happened. I think it was way back in the old reason forums.... there was this one guy in there. A real drama queen...... he was in a hospital anyway he loaded up 100 of Uhe vsts or something in another DAW then loaded 10 uhe and made a big stink about it. Something happened with UHE, lol. I do own a few of them, but I remember a bad attitude he had, an email or message about Reason or he was fed up with it...... lol. Probably should let that go. I wonder what happened to that drama guy..... I think he spent a TON of money on Rack Extensions and Propellerheads paid him off ( refunded him ) just so he would go away and stop posting on the forum.
Was that guy u ?

Tbh maybe i do seem like a drama quee here but i think people should be honest about there experiences , like on a tv cooking show when do they say the foods awlful ? U telling me it always tastes amazing?
If a synths shit people should be honest the same if people have had bad customer service and that bitley guy has annoyed me a few times when ive just been nice , so thought id batch about it as every thinks those refills are amazing well they was alright but ive lost them now as i cant be assed , pink noise are of the same vein and even if they get pissed off with people they still reset my downloads if ive lost something same as luftrum , they dont ask for more money!

bitley

19 Jul 2019

Hi there!

You (TS) sent me a bunch of “oneliners” requesting support here and on Facebook. You sign these with a couple of different names and nicknames. How many accounts do you have here on RT by the way? Is 1979 the common denominator? ;-)

I simply asked for an email request with some additional information - but this is just because I have a feeling that you might have been using

A. A few different nicknames.

B. Different email address names / nicknames... that differ from those other nicknames.

and even

C. Some different email addresses.

That’s what I meant with detective work — but you requested rapid support repeatedly today.

I couldn’t search for this info myself at the time as I was in town with a low phone battery — and you then got upset, wrote something angry and blocked me on FB, so I couldn’t respond after that.

If a simple email can be sent with some info on which email addresses I should be looking for I will be happy to sort it out.

My own email address is the same one as on your PayPal receipts — easily found if you log in there.

Some users have been using PayPal email addresses that aren’t the same ones as the email addresses they are actually using which is a thing that can be a good source for mutual misunderstandings; for example:

A. JohnnyDoe@Johndoe.com orders a refill, gets an instant download invitation. To this email address of course.

B. Janedoe@otherdomain.com emails back in 15 days stating that no link was ever received. This can also be coupled with a PayPal incident report for additional communication joyrides.

If properly communicated I can help out with these matters but sometimes it requires quite a bit of archive searching.

Some companies will definitely treat this kind of mystery with a simple: Sorry, but we have no orders from you.

I am starting to recognize how wildly organized some musicians can be — not implying this has something to do with this “case” in particular but it’s an example on how things can be.

As a rule of thumb if you have a PayPal address please use this one and not more addresses as it can be exceptionally confusing. Likewise can it be confusing if you find it funny to rename the name field of your email address to Eternal Rock Musician... And if you then write your message... and sign it with say ”Paul”. While the actual address says something like John-doe@janedow.net.

So I guess what I’m saying is if you keep your digital persona very much in line with your actual real name and stick to just one email account confusion will be minimal.
Last edited by bitley on 20 Jul 2019, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Just out of curiosity who is on your shit list
Bitley has been excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. :thumbs_up:

Customer service shit-list:
Mystery Islands cuz their JP-80x0 editor is buggy and the dude promised he would fix the issues years ago but never did, then when you email him about your account he responds as if you were an idiot.

That's really it - I don't really have any issues with plugins that I can't figure out myself.

General shit-list:

Rob Papen, because he makes the same synth over and over and calls it "new" and I'm tired of it.

XIls because their synths keep crashing Logic and Reason. I can understand not keeping up to date with Reason, but Logic??? C'mon, get your shit together. I just installed miniSyn'x and it crashed Logic and Reason before I even got to put in my serial. Had to open Pro Tools and authorize there. Their customer service is ok, but gawd - Logic is one of the most popular DAWs out there, for fucks sake buy a copy and make sure your shit works in it.

DNA Labs because their REs suck.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

boingy

19 Jul 2019

bitley wrote:
19 Jul 2019
How many accounts do you have here on Reasonstation by the way?
You're on ReasonTalk, mate, not Reasonstation.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2019

hurricane wrote:
19 Jul 2019
DNA Labs because their REs suck.
Amen to that. Their refills suck too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Oquasec

20 Jul 2019

Zero problems have come from uhe since I found zebra 2.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

bitley

20 Jul 2019

boingy wrote:
19 Jul 2019
bitley wrote:
19 Jul 2019
How many accounts do you have here on Reasonstation by the way?
You're on ReasonTalk, mate, not Reasonstation.
Typo

• Information