instachord

Discuss VST stuff here!
profesormartinez

07 Sep 2018

Hi, all! I just bought "Instachord" and I can't, for the life of me, make it work. It seems to have installed fine and the keys light up when I hit my keyboard. I can see the presets and so on... It seems to be working just fine. I just can't get it to make a sound! This is what the manual says:
"The details of connecting the plug-in depends on the host application you're using but basically you need to insert the Instachord VST as an instrument plug-in, and route its MIDI output to the instrument you want to play. AU version is a bit different and it can only be used in hosts like Logic Pro X that supports AU Midi effect (Processor) type."
Can anyone help? I don't see how (know how). I'll keep trying but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2018

Reason is unable to do this.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2018

You need a VST "container" and put a VST instrument inside there as well. Image Line has a free one.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

faethor

08 Nov 2018

Hi all

I am trying to work with instachord as well but i am failing. How do I have to setup instachord in Reason?
Is it really impossible in reason?
Image Line is FL, right? So I can not use it in Reason.

Thank you for helping!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2018

faethor wrote:Hi all

I am trying to work with instachord as well but i am failing. How do I have to setup instachord in Reason?

Thank you for helping!
IL has a VST host that also is a VST plugin. Put your chord player in the host together with a VST instrument. You'll get audio out, but not Midi. The host is free.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Lempface

11 Nov 2018

Boombastix wrote:
09 Nov 2018
faethor wrote:Hi all

Thank you for helping!
IL has a VST host that also is a VST plugin. Put your chord player in the host together with a VST instrument. You'll get audio out, but not Midi. The host is free.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Let me know if this works for you, Minihost crashes in Reason constantly for me.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

olive6741

11 Nov 2018

Slightly OT. I don't know Instachord, but I think Scaler by Pluginboutique is very good. And it works ok with Reason, as there are built-in sound in it, so you can preview your chords! (no hassle even if it is mainly a midi plugin). Then you simply drag-and-drop chords on Reason sequencer lane. Easy !
I like Scaler very much.

MDTerps2015

02 Dec 2018

I bought BlueCat Patchwork which cost about 100 dollars. It comes with a ton of effects but all you do is put instachord in the first vst insert and whatever you are triggering in the the second vst insert. Click on the name instaschord in the insert block and go to midi out. Connect midi out to port A. Whatever synth you drop in the second slot click on it and go down to midi input. Connect midi input to port A channel 1. There you go. If you go to the top and click in the preset browser and go to save as, you can save that combi. I have instascale, instachord and scaler connected to everyone of my vst synths and saved. I just load up patchwork and click the preset bar and load whatever I want.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

provinceofnowhere

16 Jul 2019

MDTerps2015 wrote:
02 Dec 2018
I bought BlueCat Patchwork which cost about 100 dollars. It comes with a ton of effects but all you do is put instachord in the first vst insert and whatever you are triggering in the the second vst insert. Click on the name instaschord in the insert block and go to midi out. Connect midi out to port A. Whatever synth you drop in the second slot click on it and go down to midi input. Connect midi input to port A channel 1. There you go. If you go to the top and click in the preset browser and go to save as, you can save that combi. I have instascale, instachord and scaler connected to everyone of my vst synths and saved. I just load up patchwork and click the preset bar and load whatever I want.
Hey thank you, this was super helpful. I can't work out how to print the midi though - any ideas?

MDTerps2015

19 Jul 2019

provinceofnowhere wrote:
16 Jul 2019
MDTerps2015 wrote:
02 Dec 2018
Hey thank you, this was super helpful. I can't work out how to print the midi though - any ideas?
I honestly haven't played with instachord or scale since I got a good grip on Scales and Chords in Reason (the Player). I use scaler or reasons own scales and chords. Look at Scaler (WA Productions) in Plugin Boutique. Its what I bought Patchwork for. I will tell you that its cpu heavy unless you figure out your chords and bounce them. You can bounce them to save cpu then add affects or chop. Sincerely, If you you need more help you can hut me back.

MDTerps2015

19 Jul 2019

MDTerps2015 wrote:
19 Jul 2019
provinceofnowhere wrote:
16 Jul 2019

I honestly haven't played with instachord or scale since I got a good grip on Scales and Chords in Reason (the Player). I use scaler or reasons own scales and chords. Look at Scaler (WA Productions) in Plugin Boutique. Its what I bought Patchwork for. I will tell you that its cpu heavy unless you figure out your chords and bounce them. You can bounce them to save cpu then add affects or chop. Sincerely, If you you need more help you can hut me back.
By the way im not trying to sell anything or push anything. As a man who daddles in music, I have learned a lot but im looking for the easiest way to make my stuff sound good. I found instachord and scale ridiculously hard to use unless you know what keys to push. Scaler is a lot easier because you can push a key and get a scale or chord and then switch the scale or chord by clicking the mouse.

Spryx

22 Jul 2019

I have Scaler, Instachord, and Captain Chords, but....
Sundog Song Studio still takes the cake for this sort of thing. Note: You will need a Midi loopback installed.
MDTerps2015 wrote:
19 Jul 2019
MDTerps2015 wrote:
19 Jul 2019

By the way im not trying to sell anything or push anything. As a man who daddles in music, I have learned a lot but im looking for the easiest way to make my stuff sound good. I found instachord and scale ridiculously hard to use unless you know what keys to push. Scaler is a lot easier because you can push a key and get a scale or chord and then switch the scale or chord by clicking the mouse.
latest:

MDTerps2015

31 Jul 2019

aeox wrote:
07 Sep 2018
Reason is unable to do this.
I have Blue Cat patchwork and it works but its extremely dsp intensive. You almost have to do what you're going to do and then immediately bounce it to get patchwork out of your workflow. I just put in 32 gigs of ram and a ryzen 2700x and it still affects it.

MDTerps2015

31 Jul 2019

Spryx wrote:
22 Jul 2019
I have Scaler, Instachord, and Captain Chords, but....
Sundog Song Studio still takes the cake for this sort of thing. Note: You will need a Midi loopback installed.
MDTerps2015 wrote:
19 Jul 2019
did you figure it out.

Seneca58

04 Mar 2020

Everyone looking to route MIDI flexibly in Reason needs to consider Image Line Minihost Modular (from the FL Studio guys). It's a FREE rack add in that works like the Racks in Tracktion Waveform.

It gets added to Effects in Reason, so just drag it into a track, open it, then right click in the blank area and chose a plugin. Repeat as desired for as many plugins you want, then just drag from the MIDI in to the first plugins MIDI in, and on to the other plugins or instruments as necessary, and then drag the Audio out of the instrument(s) to the Audio output. You can also save and load these lashups as "Graphs" for future instant recall. Right now, I'm looking at Scaler going into Chord Potion and out to Omnisphere, works like a charm. Since you can drag unlimited times out of MIDI ports, and into the Audio output, there's no limitation I'm aware of for routing. You could do wild things like have the original MIDI input go not only into something like Chord Potion, which routes to an instrument, but also go around Chord Potion directly into that same instrument, which I think Blue Cat Patchwork would need to use a second instance of Omnisphere for if I understand it.

I see they've taken it off the list of plugins on their page, so going forward folks might have to search to download it. But for now looks like you can get it here:

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=123031

Also, documentation is here:

https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... odular.htm

• Information