Delta MIDI Computer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rorystorm

17 Jul 2019

oh but yeah, a click to type keyboard would be fine - not really any harder than using a cellphone.

Socram
RE Developer

17 Jul 2019

Bes wrote:
17 Jul 2019
or colour coding instead of labelling ?
Yes color coding is planned in addition to labelling, thanks for the suggestion. I would also like to show the color of the label on the mini map as well for quick navigation of large patches.
rorystorm wrote:
17 Jul 2019
right, that's a shame. Another option might be - again I don't know how possible it would be? - is maybe if the node displayed the main value of what it's affecting? so like the transpose note shows the transposition amount or the CV output shows which channel it's connecting with?
Yes originally I wanted to show the values of a node in its art, unfortunately this proved to be difficult to present nicely so I went with the general route. I don't expect to change this, I think it's just too much information to show for a lot of the Nodes and don't want to lock myself into having to support that moving forward.

Glad to hear the click to type isn't a non starter, 99% chance that's the route I go down.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MannequinRaces

19 Jul 2019

Does send to track not work on this player? I'm trying to send the chaos drums combi patch to track and nothing is happening. Great patch btw.

Socram
RE Developer

19 Jul 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Does send to track not work on this player? I'm trying to send the chaos drums combi patch to track and nothing is happening. Great patch btw.
Send to Track definitely works every time I've used it, in fact I had to use it recently to test the quick fix I put out in 1.0.1. Not to be patronizing, but are you sure you're using the feature properly? Loop markers set and that sort of thing?

chrome_I4ZXT2Hikc.png
chrome_I4ZXT2Hikc.png (42.33 KiB) Viewed 3260 times

If you continue to have issues feel free to PM me or post here a Reason project and I can look into it this evening.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

PhillipOrdonez

19 Jul 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Works for me. Make sure the track isn't playing when you try!

MannequinRaces

19 Jul 2019

Socram wrote:
19 Jul 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Send to Track definitely works every time I've used it, in fact I had to use it recently to test the quick fix I put out in 1.0.1. Not to be patronizing, but are you sure you're using the feature properly? Loop markers set and that sort of thing?

chrome_I4ZXT2Hikc.png

If you continue to have issues feel free to PM me or post here a Reason project and I can look into it this evening.
Yeah, nothing. send to tracks work when I try other combinators or even non-combinators like the Drum sequencer from Propellerhead, QNG works fine, Kompulsion works fine. I can't get send to track out of Delta at all. I'm attaching a basic file that does not work...
Attachments
Delta_Send_To_Track.reason.zip
(151.67 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

mjxl

19 Jul 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Socram wrote:
19 Jul 2019

chrome_I4ZXT2Hikc.png

Yeah, nothing. send to tracks work when I try other combinators or even non-combinators like the Drum sequencer from Propellerhead, QNG works fine, Kompulsion works fine. I can't get send to track out of Delta at all. I'm attaching a basic file that does not work...
There's not a single note to be found on the sequencer though..

Since Delta takes the input, you need either a midi clip in the sequencer, or a player that actually produces notes.

MannequinRaces

19 Jul 2019

Ah Jesus, yeah... lol my bad. I feel like an idiot. Don’t mind me... nothing to see here folks! Wow.
Last edited by MannequinRaces on 19 Jul 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Socram
RE Developer

19 Jul 2019

Yes to repeat what mjxl said (thanks for your help!) there's no initial note to get Delta running. If you see this screenshot here, the top clip has a single note to get things started, and you can see Send Notes to Track working as expected.

Reason_Ru77sfxVyq.png
Reason_Ru77sfxVyq.png (11.31 KiB) Viewed 3191 times

Easy mistake, especially since many players generate notes on their own. Hope this helps others too! :)
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MannequinRaces

19 Jul 2019

Thanks for the help. I’m so used to players that generate the notes that I just... my brain wasn’t thinking it through.

mjxl

19 Jul 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Ah Jesus, yeah... lol my bad. I feel like an idiot. Don’t mind me... nothing to see here folks! Wow.

MannequinRaces

19 Jul 2019

mjxl wrote:
19 Jul 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Exactly. Lol.

Bes
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2019

feature request> 4 automateable / midi assignable knobs on the device that can be selected as control for any of the nodes. preferably with the option to add / subtract the value from the node or to scale the node value
- Certified Reason expert

Socram
RE Developer

21 Jul 2019

Bes wrote:
20 Jul 2019
feature request> 4 automateable / midi assignable knobs on the device that can be selected as control for any of the nodes. preferably with the option to add / subtract the value from the node or to scale the node value
Figuring out a good way to achieve this is currently a long term goal of mine. Due to how things work under the hood, I don't think it will be easy, but if I can figure out a way to do it that doesn't have a terrible user experience then it will happen.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Bes
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

Socram wrote:
21 Jul 2019
Bes wrote:
20 Jul 2019
Figuring out a good way to achieve this is currently a long term goal of mine. Due to how things work under the hood, I don't think it will be easy, but if I can figure out a way to do it that doesn't have a terrible user experience then it will happen.
oh hey thanks a lot for the response Marcos. The device is already great i hope you are pleased with it. :)

Socram
RE Developer

22 Jul 2019

Bes wrote:
22 Jul 2019
Socram wrote:
21 Jul 2019

oh hey thanks a lot for the response Marcos. The device is already great i hope you are pleased with it. :)
Thanks for the kind words! I'm very happy with how it turned out, and even happier that so many people seem to be liking it! Enjoy, more meaningful updates are coming soon :)
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MannequinRaces

22 Jul 2019

Feature request... this might not even be possible but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?! For example if I play a C1 note that gets delayed by a delay node for a Count of 15 and a Time of 1/16th I want to be able to tell that that event is happening and not let any more C1 notes through until that event is done. So something like if C1 delay event is true can play another C1 equals false sort of logic.

Bes
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
22 Jul 2019
Feature request... this might not even be possible but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?! For example if I play a C1 note that gets delayed by a delay node for a Count of 15 and a Time of 1/16th I want to be able to tell that that event is happening and not let any more C1 notes through until that event is done. So something like if C1 delay event is true can play another C1 equals false sort of logic.
you might actually be able to do this currently by directing the original and delayed note to one of the CV outs. depends on what you want to have happen i guess

zoidkirb

22 Jul 2019

would it be possible or would anyone prefer an option to change values via a pop up menu instead of knob turning and scrolling through boxes? some re's have both options

Socram
RE Developer

22 Jul 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
22 Jul 2019
What you're describing exactly isn't currently possible, but I can try to think of an intuitive way to implement it.
zoidkirb wrote:
22 Jul 2019
would it be possible or would anyone prefer an option to change values via a pop up menu instead of knob turning and scrolling through boxes? some re's have both options
Unfortunately the dynamic nature of Delta's UI makes it difficult to use Pop-up menus or keyboard input fields with the current RE SDK. I will perpetually be striving to improve the usability of Delta, so if I discover a way to make them work with Delta's workflow I will definitely implement them where appropriate.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

antic604

22 Jul 2019

I'm super torn about this RE :(

On one hand, it IS groundbreaking and awesome, likely replacing 80% of Players out there - for that alone, the developer deserves the appreciation* and money! On the other however, I KNOW I won't do anything complex with it, because I lack time and... imagination / knowledge. It's like getting Reaktor or Softube Modular to just play the factory presets... Do I really need it?

* BTW, there should be a RE-of-the-year award ideally sponsored by Propellerhead :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

antic604 wrote:
22 Jul 2019

On one hand, it IS groundbreaking and awesome, likely replacing 80% of Players out there - for that alone, the developer deserves the appreciation* and money! On the other however, I KNOW I won't do anything complex with it, because I lack time and... imagination / knowledge. It's like getting Reaktor or Softube Modular to just play the factory presets... Do I really need it?

* BTW, there should be a RE-of-the-year award ideally sponsored by Propellerhead :)
I identify with every single thing you just said there. Same here.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

geronimo

22 Jul 2019

With this player, the programming is rather passed to that of the old Eventide rack like the DSP7000, GTR4000.

http://www.eventidier.com/vsigfile/index.html

MannequinRaces

22 Jul 2019

Socram wrote:
22 Jul 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
22 Jul 2019
What you're describing exactly isn't currently possible, but I can try to think of an intuitive way to implement it.

That’d be awesome thanks.

MannequinRaces

22 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jul 2019
antic604 wrote:
22 Jul 2019

I identify with every single thing you just said there. Same here.
Same here. Since I already have RND, QNG, Kompulsion, and others it’s hard to justify buying this when getting similar results are faster with those. However Delta opens up some really interesting possibilities. Delta is a RE that rewards experimentation. I love it though and think it deserves a place in my rack!

• Information