Voltage Modular

Discuss VST stuff here!
chimp_spanner

29 Nov 2018

Hey everyone! Has anyone here got Voltage Modular to run as a VST in Reason? I kinda impulse bought it because the bundle price is still good but if I can't get it going, I'll have to get it refunded.

antic604

30 Nov 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
29 Nov 2018
Hey everyone! Has anyone here got Voltage Modular to run as a VST in Reason? I kinda impulse bought it because the bundle price is still good but if I can't get it going, I'll have to get it refunded.
No, it doesn't work and Cherry Audio says the problem is on Propellerhead side (some sort of mechanism that prevents plugins from crashing, AFAIK) but they've not responded to their queries. I think it only works on OSX.

chimp_spanner

01 Dec 2018

Yeah shame man - I got the same response from cherry as well. They were very forthcoming with a full refund. Bummed though as it’s trally fantastic! Had a great few hours playing with it but if I have to run it standalone, I already have VCV for that. VST was the draw. Ah well! Shit happens!

future-bit

02 Dec 2018

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

tony10000

13 Jul 2019

It seems it is still not working in Reason. It is known issue and it doesn't look like Propellerhead is working on it. I opened a ticket.

More info here: https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=473

danc

13 Jul 2019

tony10000 wrote:
13 Jul 2019
It seems it is still not working in Reason. It is known issue and it doesn't look like Propellerhead is working on it. I opened a ticket.

More info here: https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=473
Same here - opened a ticket. zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I did chat to Dan at Cherry Audio about it.... his response was this...
It's important to understand what's happening in Reason. Voltage Modular is never crashing in Reason. Instead, our Java system that we use is internally throwing and handling its own exceptions, which is just part of how the system works. Unfortunately, Reason is interpreting these events as being crashes, even though nothing is failing and everything is working as it is meant to. Regardless of what hosts you use, as long as it's inside of Reason's application (versus, for example, using Rewire to control a different application) the problem will exist. It's a flaw in Reason, and we have no choice but to work around it to make VM compatible.
A similar issue resides with all of the Mastering The MIx plug-ins... where the license checking throws an exception and it is totally out of Tom's hands in terms of fixing it.

The only thing I would say is that - maybe Propellerhead need to look at the exceptions being thrown from VSTs and somehow determine what is a severe issue rather than just a warning and really everything is ok.
Check my Soundcloud:

LupNub

15 Jul 2019

Navs -- now I understand what zerodivide is trying to do.

The voltage mirror is going to tell you about the gates going low instead of high, so what you want to do is look for a clock but not one of the other gates. There are some fun ways to patch this

future-bit

02 Sep 2019

• Information