Watched the "Home Run Derby" last night for a while....

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
reggie1979

09 Jul 2019

And was blown away by how AWFUL the music was. Tripe! Every single thing was autotuned, same ol' rap or poppy pop pop.

Embarrassing. I mean really awful. I had a cringe-face the whole time.

I'm not some "get off my lawn" guy that doesn't appreciate new things, but that's just it. It's pre-homogenized, pre-fabricated, cookie-cutter nonsense that has no variance or distinguish. It's literally the same thing.

What's the draw to that stuff? I honestly don't know.

reasonsuser88

09 Jul 2019

I'll never forget one of the most surreal moments I've had related to music was when I walked into a store and people were simultaneously singing along to a modern urban pop song playing over the speakers. They were pretty inconspicuous about it as if they were being subconsciously programmed. We're all programmed and conditioned to an extent. The business of sports is an institution in itself so might as well throw some pop music in there.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

reggie1979

09 Jul 2019

It's all Greek to me. I don't get it. I understand people are different and I'm not "hip" but I don't get it. It's just SO generic to me.

reasonsuser88

10 Jul 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
09 Jul 2019
It's all Greek to me. I don't get it. I understand people are different and I'm not "hip" but I don't get it. It's just SO generic to me.
Perhaps it is a matter of perception. I think baseball is one of the most generic soruces of entertainment on the planet but an enthusiast can talk about different techniques, statistics, history and a little gossip to boot until I fall asleep. I have no interest in pop music but at least there is a relation to music production that might be interesting. I've never heard a pop song that was poorly produced no matter how generic it might seem.

reggie1979

10 Jul 2019

Maybe. But I literally cringe so, maybe not :lol:

I have a school nearby that has a lot of loud parties and it's the same thing. Carbon copies galore.

reasonsuser88

11 Jul 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
10 Jul 2019
Maybe. But I literally cringe so, maybe not :lol:
Funny enough I'm sitting in an Uber right now and the driver is playing some terrible music on the radio. I'm realizing a lot of this kind of music is just vocal play which is why it seems to be recycled.

reggie1979

11 Jul 2019

It's totally recycled.It's like a suburban housing revival.

And all that autotune, man I hate Cher :lol:

reggie1979

11 Jul 2019

Keep in mind, I'm not putting down the genres as much as I am the production. I have no idea why it's so popular.

I'm not some "Zappa only" guy, I like pop and hooks like most people. I just don't like this watered down cookie cutter nonsense.

• Information